Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tape over incisions - bleeding

4 posters

Go down

Tape over incisions - bleeding Empty Tape over incisions - bleeding

Post by bangers 18th October 2015, 11:48 am

Hi, I'm 11 days post op and I'm doing really well.  Main issue for me has been getting tired out easily.  I have my incisions taped over.  My doctor advised that I remove these in the shower when they're wet and replace with fresh tape after I've dried.  He says to do this for the next 2 weeks.

I HATE removing them!  I have a terrible phobia of blood.  Each time I've removed them and replaced them there was no blood present at the time but then a few hours later when I check there's been some spotting one on of my breasts' incisions.  Just a small circle but enough to stain my bra.  Is this normal?

I feel sooo silly complaining about this but I just would like my mind put at ease that this is normal.  I really get myself worked up any time I see blood of any sort lol.  

I've been avoiding showering (I'm not a minger, I just have a phobia) so I have to go through this process less often but then that scares me too as I'm probably putting myself at higher risk of infection if I'm not showering every day.  I am washing.  Please don't judge lol.  I just find the whole showering/tape removal/blood distressing.  If it's normal, then I'll suck it up and stop being a **naughty word** about it.  

My doctor didn't say if I need to replace the tape every day.  I imagine if I do it every day then I'm just tearing the scab open every day but then if I'm not replacing it regularly, is the scab going to heal with the tape attached?  Yuck, yuck, yuck!  Cutting me open, I don't mind, just don't show me the blood!  For a woman that had no nerves going into surgery, this is ridiculous!

Thanks in advance for any advice.  I'm going to ring doctor tomorrow.
bangers
bangers
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Tape over incisions - bleeding Empty Re: Tape over incisions - bleeding

Post by chrystal867 18th October 2015, 11:52 am

Hi I don't know if this is normal or not I'm still in the not allowed to shower stage ...hope all is okaii xxx
chrystal867
chrystal867
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 18th October 2015, 1:34 pm

My surgeon has told me not to touch my tape for 2 weeks after surgery. He said that the tape stays on for 2 weeks and then I go in for an appointment to have it removed. I'm allowed to shower but not allowed the stream of water to touch it directly then I have to pay dry and fully dry with hairdryer on a cold setting.

Check with your surgeon but it doesn't sound right you should be removing the tape each day - surely that would prolong the healing? I'm no expert though! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 18th October 2015, 7:03 pm

I had the same instructions. I had my dressings on for a whole week, then my nurse removed these and gave me a bunch of surgical strips, said to change them daily after showering. As long as they're dry going on, 2days isnt going to be a problem. It's gross and scary, and I couldn't do it myself. I had to get hubs to do it each time, and it would still freak me out. But it has to be done! A tiny spot of fresh red blood is fine, anything other than that would be a worry.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by bangers 18th October 2015, 10:11 pm

Thank you so much Charlii. You've really put my mind at ease. I can't do it without my other half either. Thanks for replying.
bangers
bangers
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down