Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harley Medical Group...

+5
anneritchley
sarahjane123
Princess_x
Charlii
Vickyxo
9 posters

Go down

Harley Medical Group... Empty Harley Medical Group...

Post by Vickyxo 7th April 2015, 9:53 pm

Okay so today has been a pretty crap day.. I went for a consultation at HMG in Maidstone.
I got there with my friend Jade, the receptionist was pretty rude and taking forever to come and see me. About half hour after arriving, another lady greets me introducing herself as a nurse. I follow her upstairs into a consultation room.
She asks why im here and what id like to change.. I tell her im not happy with the shape and size, baring in mind most women have a breast bigger than the other slightly, and id like more symmetrical breasts.

She tells me she is going to answer any questions i have, examine me and tell me which implants and sizes i should have... I questioned her saying shouldnt a surgeon be asvising me this?! And she said he will at another date but today shes advising m (hmm okay then)

She tells me to take my top and bra off and stand infront of the mirror, then tells me i have a sticking out chest bone and one of my ribs stick out too (okay, yeah, thanks for telling me this like i dont already know...) amd then said to me because of my lower breast.. I need an uplift.....

I said to her my breasts arent that different in level but she insisted this :-S!? Baring in mind im 22, never had kids and my breast sure as hell arent sagging! I think she only mentioned this because i said they arent symmetrical, but whose are!?!

She then added up the procedure cost and come to £6500!!!!! I said to her i was expecting around £4500 more-ish. She said because i NEED a breast enlargement AND uplift his is both together.

Im so annoyed and feeling really upset!! Im not happy with my breasts anyway, let alone someone telling me now i need an uplift? :-( xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Harley Medical Group... Empty Re: Harley Medical Group...

Post by Charlii 7th April 2015, 10:27 pm

Let me start by telling you that you are absolutely right to question not seeing a surgeon. Even if she was a nurse, shes not a qualified breast surgeon, and can in no way advise you correctly. Personally, I am not a fan of HMG and their methods, especially their treatment of PIP girls, and I would steer clear (thats my opinion only).

The good that this has done you though is shown what not to expect from a consultation! The examination is normal obviously, but I would really scratch this experience, and try and get in to see some surgeons. THG do a free consult straight with a surgeon, so theyre good to glean info from. If you want to go commercial clinic, I think MYA and My Breast are better. Transform you'll just see some snooty sales woman and have to go back for an actual surgeon (at least that was my experience). And try and get at least one BAAPS under your belt. See as many as you can until you're comfortable and happy with the experience.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 7th April 2015, 10:37 pm

Please avoid HMG like the plague.. after the way the awful way they treated PIP's women. Once they have your hard earned money they don't care about you x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahjane123 7th April 2015, 11:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  this annoys me so much. Dont let her discourage you! She isnt even a bloody surgeon, what would she know?? 

On my first consult, he surgeon said a had slight assymetry (which I already knew) and that 98% of women do..He said i could get a lift on one side, but it wasnt neccessary and 90% wouldnt go for that option..

My second consult was with MyBreast with William Van nerkierk and OMG it was so diff and he was so good and did lots of measuring and advising (which is what you would expect, right?) it lasted 1 hour and 45 mins and he went through everything in person. The nurse only came in to be a witness while he examined me.I felt really respected by both of them, which was nice. didnt try fob me off you know?

I havent had my surgery yet but speaking on the consultation, itd def be worth going to mybreast for an opinion. my surgey is costing £4350 btw

Hope your next consult goes better xxx

ps excuse bad spelling/lack of caps etc.. im writing this in a rush :)
sarahjane123
sarahjane123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 8th April 2015, 5:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I only knew not to take that sort of advice because i read it through this forum! So just goes to show this is a good place to research :-)!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Dontworry, i will be avoiding them after that experience.. From stepping in the door to leaving it was pretty awful. She was not encouraging atall.. The only good from it is she said she would be the one looking ag my bandages, not diff nurses everytime!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah i felt worse coming out of it, i didnt think it would honestly go like that.. I mean yeah fair enough saying about an uplift but the fact she said she wouldnt do just normal implants, i had to have an uplift and if anyone doesnt recommend this then im not getting the best. My boobs arent even that unlevel, i think she was just playing off the fact i mentioned it :-(! Im defo looking forward to other consultations!

Thanks for the advice girls, made me feel a lot better this morning :-) xxxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 8th April 2015, 9:04 am

Hi, I went with bmi. A BAAPS surgeon. And paid £5600 for a ba . It's goid to have these experiances and you will see the difference between a clinic like that compared to a BAAPS surgeon. Don't be disheartened at least this way you gain more experiance. Xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Zum_Boobs 8th April 2015, 9:11 am

Sorry you've been left disappointed but there are so many surgeons and they will have different opinions. Keep looking and you'll find your match hunny xxx
Zum_Boobs
Zum_Boobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 338

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 8th April 2015, 9:12 am

I'm not even shocked lol. They are just sales pitches!!
and I bet they wanted £500 deposit before you could even meet the surgeon?
Grrrr these companies annoy me, how they can do this to women. xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 8th April 2015, 11:12 am

Yeah they did @sarahlou22 i literally come out so upset and actually questioning my friend whether i need an uplift when really i know i dont!!! Xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 8th April 2015, 11:13 am

Thankyou for your nice words @annieritchley and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :-) a lesson learnt and at least i know HMG arent for me now! Xxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 10th April 2015, 6:51 pm

I went to them too and was a bit annoyed that I'd have to pay up £500 before I even saw a surgeon!! I asked the nurse what if I don't like him? And she said that never happens! Well I've now seen 4 surgeons and hated them all except 1. Plus they were more expensive too. Good luck in ur search :)
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 10th April 2015, 6:53 pm

How dare she say that. How does she know if the surgeon is right for you. That's quiet shocking actually xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 10th April 2015, 7:06 pm

I know.. I was sooo frustrated with her! The fact i know she shouldnt be advising me about implants aswell annoyed me more! Xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach1977 11th April 2015, 7:27 am

I went to see 4 surgeons, 3 out of 4 said I needed an uplift as well as implants. I only went to last consultant as I already had the appointment and I'm soooo glad I did!! I was going with the 1 who said I didn't an uplift as he was very convincing!! However the 4th consultant I saw asked who I had seen previously and I was waiting for the sales pitch...... He only went and recommended the first one I saw, from a different company!!!! He actually said mr borghini could do a better job than him with what i needed!!!! I really do advise to see as many as you can. Xxx
Rach1977
Rach1977
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach1977 11th April 2015, 7:28 am

Don't know why it's gone on twice?!?!?! Xx
Rach1977
Rach1977
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 11th April 2015, 1:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], fixed it  :ok:
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down