Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free 10 min consultation

4 posters

Go down

Free 10 min consultation Empty Free 10 min consultation

Post by kimbodia 3rd February 2015, 7:25 pm

So I had my free 10 mins with Mr James. I.Learnt little from it. The clinic dressed it up to me as a bit of an event, I thought there'd be lots of nursing staff to talk to after seeing consultant etc but no. It's my first ever consult in this, I feel no clearer as to whether I liked the man or not. I suppose if I see a few it'll help me to decide. I haven't found it easy to find consultants in.my area that I want to seeveryone. BMI have most of theirs offering free consultations at the mo, Ive read to be wary of these however if they're baaps registered then surely they're good? Of course I can go to London but it's not all that convenient for me.

Can anyone recommend a consultant in beds/Herts area worth seeing?

How much did you all spend on consultations before deciding to take the plunge?
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Free 10 min consultation Empty Re: Free 10 min consultation

Post by Charlii 3rd February 2015, 7:50 pm

If theyre BAAPS, theres no need to be wary of free consultations! The only thing to be wary of is if theyre not with a surgeon. Seeing anyone else is just a waste of your time. BMI is a great clinic to go with.

Why not pop on to the BAAPS website and search for the south east, most of the surgeons that pop up will be Beds Buck Herts. That will show you with their main private clinic, and you can take things from there [url=http://baaps.org.uk/component/lendr/?view=search&Itemid=200&q=South East][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Personally, I was very naïve and did it all wrong. I went to THG, 2 consults with one surgeon, and I would never recommend that. If I had my time again, I would def get at least 2 baaps, and a freebie commercial clinic thrown in for comparison (assuming I liked any of the surgeons. If not, keep going). Privately I believe its around £120-200 per consult, but don't quote me on that. Its up to you really on how much you want to spend on them.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 3rd February 2015, 7:53 pm

My surgeon was BAAPS and the consult with bmi was £150 . That was a private surgeon that works at different clinics. One of which was bmi sloane. Put my mind at rest as well. Xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 3rd February 2015, 7:56 pm

Sorry, South Central seems to cover BedBucksHerts...having a look myself now!

[url=http://baaps.org.uk/component/lendr/?view=search&Itemid=200&q=South Central][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 3rd February 2015, 7:57 pm

The 10 minute consultation, for me was the same. Just 10 minutes from the Surgeon, but I did ask on the phone what it would be, and this is what they prepared me for.

The surgeon asked about medical history, medications lifestyle, job etc.
He then took a look and said the surgery would be fine to do, but I have a type 1 skin (very pale) and that the scar could be slightly pink and raised for sometime.
He then went on to tell me to buy different size bras, fill with rice and decide what size I like, then bring the bra size I like to the full consultation.

I liked the fact he was the ONLY one to mention my pale skin (which I did know about the risk already, but he mentioned it)
He gave me some homework to actually consider what I will look like.
Although it was 10 minutes he was very thorough.

How about these:

Spire Harpenden Hospital Ambrose Lane, Harpenden, Herts, AL5 4BP

BMI The Manor Hospital,
Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 4AW

BMI The Saxon Clinic,
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK6 5LR
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 3rd February 2015, 8:03 pm

For me bmi is brilliant but I'm biased. That's where I had my surgery and was pleased with every aspect of my journey. Xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbodia 3rd February 2015, 9:00 pm

Thanks Ladies.

Both the BMI Saxon and Manor are good locations for me so going to book into a free consult at each one.

Is BAAPS registered far superior to be BAPRA registered for the purposes of BA? A few of their consultants are only BAPRA and not BAAPs
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 3rd February 2015, 9:16 pm

"All 173 members of BAAPS (British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) are also members of BAPRAS (British Association of Plastic, Reconstrucitve and Aesthetic Surgeons ). There are some members of BAPRAS who are not members of BAAPS who are nevertheless fully trained in cosmetic surgery, but either choose not to perform cosmetic surgery or simply do not wish to be a member of BAAPS."

from the BAAPS website
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbodia 3rd February 2015, 9:25 pm

Thank you Charlii, I.did have a quick Google, wasn't being lazy!! Feeling a bit overwhelmed but know you ladies know this game loads better than me hence all.the questions!! So tomorrow morning I'm going to book 2 possibly 3 if they'll let me like, they may so no.being as they're free..I'll.make sure it's a full consultation with the surgeon.

I didn't dislike the surgeon tonight but with it being 10 mins I learnt very little. The lady on.phone when booking said along the lines of there'd be several nursing staff around to chat to so I thought chatting with them about the recovery etc would be useful in itself but there was nobody to speak to after him so just feel no further informed.

As for how much I'm willing to spend on.consultations, as little as possible, the surgery costs stacks as it is!!

I did feel when in that hospital tonight quite grossed out and shocked myself that I'm actually thinking of having my.body sliced all in the name of vanity. I hope I'm not the only one who think like this!! And I.hope if u get it done I can forget about the hospital bit after recovery and just enjoy my improved body!
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 3rd February 2015, 10:04 pm

Ha, maybe my internet is just faster!

That's a perfectly normal feeling to go through, the realisation that your volunteering to be cut open, and have a foreign object inserted in you! It is kinda gross! What's more gross is that I kinda wish mine had been filmed so I could watch it back! Some girls have that feeling and it does turn things around for them, but if you feel this is the right decision for you, it'll pass.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down