Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you research explantation?

3 posters

Go down

Did you research explantation? Empty Did you research explantation?

Post by Daisychains 18th August 2014, 1:21 pm

In advance of my 2nd consultation with Mrs Kat in 2 weeks I have kept on researching BAs but seem to have covered everything online I can possibly think of so now keep coming upon stories of explantation. Some people who have done it because they've had complications, some because they went too bog and didnt like it, and many because they'd have them for 15+ years and wanted to go natural again. 

Bearing in mind I need to consider the implication that if I do this once, I'll certainly have to have them replaced at some point and may one day decide to have them out altogether, it seems sensible to look into the impact of explanting the implants. But then I start to look at all the negative things and get worried again about doing the right thing (and trust me I REALLY want bigger boobs!) 

So did you look at this or consider it, or am I going OTT and worrying too much? Or have you had your implants taken out and what was that like?

Thank you!
Daisychains
Daisychains
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Did you research explantation? Empty Re: Did you research explantation?

Post by COOKIE 18th August 2014, 2:50 pm

You're not at all being OTT Daisychains. The more research you do pre-op is only ever going to be to your advantage post-op.

When I had my first BA, I didn't research a thing, I simply trusted in my surgeons every word and regretted that so much later.

After that, yes, I researched EVERYTHING!  

Implants may be taken out after surgery do to a possible infection or a seroma. If this happens the implant may need to be removed for up to 6 months, depending on when your surgeon feels your body has recovered enough to replace the implant.

I've had an explant, but had them replaced again.  I had a long recovery with my second set of implants because I had to have a capsulectomy also which is when the surgeon not only removes the implant but the entire capsule surrounding it. Surgeons will only ever do this as a last resort due to the high risk of infection. There are a few of us on here who have had capsulectomies and we all had a longer recovery.

This however is rare, and even with CC, mostly if at all surgeon only need to do a partial capsulectomy to remove the implant and the recovery is generally quicker than your first if there are no other complications.

If you were just to have a simple replacement because implants are no longer to your liking, or an explant your recovery WILL be faster than your initial surgery.

Mostly it's a far easier recovery second/third etc around (with no complications) than your initial surgery. Xx

Last edited by COOKIE on 18th August 2014, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsbells 18th August 2014, 3:21 pm

The possibility of removal was actually mentioned by my surgeon during the consultation. It is one of the reason he prefers making the incision in the breast crease.
Hellsbells
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down