Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes or No? Correct inverted nipple & nipple uplift

2 posters

Go down

Yes or No? Correct inverted nipple & nipple uplift Empty Yes or No? Correct inverted nipple & nipple uplift

Post by Ernie1919 16th December 2013, 7:20 pm

Hello

Firstly thanks to all those who have posted before, I've been reading another forum then was kindly recommended this one so have been reading for days now!

I have one inverted nipple on the left and my right breast is 1/2 cup larger with lower nipple. So basically I like my left breast but not it's nipple and I like my right nipple but not it's breast.

The first place I went recommended and uplift on both, half cup reduction on right and inverted nipple correction on left. They said they'd try to preserve milk ducts on the inverted nipple procedure as I've not yet had children. I'm 32.

I thought this sounded drastic as I really like the size, shape and position of my left breast and dont see the point in operating on it at all other than the inverted nipple correction.

The second surgeon I saw, Dr Falladah at The Private Clinic on Harley St said he didn't think that I needed a breast uplift at all, just the inverted nipple corrected on the left and suggested a crescent nipple lift on the right which he said would align my nipples and make the slight size difference less obvious.

Benefits with Dr Falladah's suggestion are:
1) Less scarring (no vertical scar)
2) Quicker recovery
3) All done under local.

Problems I have bothering me are:
1) He didn't offer to try to preserve milk ducts on the inverted nipple correction so I'm now thinking I ought to keep looking elsewhere for that
2) If I go elsewhere for that then apparently it wouldn't be any cheaper with him not to do the inverted nipple correction so would therefore cost me approx £1,000 more
3) I have now read lots about crescent uplift not really working, just stretching the nipple and never having the desired uplift effect.

I feel like I could research this for years and never know what to do - I would much prefer some insight from people in the know so any advice would be hugely welcome!! Thank you!

x

Last edited by Ernie1919 on 16th December 2013, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrore blog - meant forum!)
Ernie1919
Ernie1919
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Yes or No? Correct inverted nipple & nipple uplift Empty Re: Yes or No? Correct inverted nipple & nipple uplift

Post by COOKIE 16th December 2013, 8:15 pm

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies Ernie  wavey 

You didn't mention the first surgeon in your post, but the second surgeon, although works privately, isn't a member of either BAAPS or BAPRAS. 

floor a procedure as technical as an uplift and especially being so young and quite rightly wanting to do all you can to salvage the milk ducts after the procedure to correct the inverted nipple I'd personally be seeking out the best you can get Ernie.

With a BAAPS/BAPRAS member, they have been working within the NHS in a consultant position for at least 6 years. They will have at the very least a FRCS qualification in surgery and then prospective members are literally cherry picked. 

They will have two sponsors from BAAPS/BAPRAS who will put them forward for membership. They then become 'trainee members' and will be taken under the wing if their more experienced peers and go through training with them until its felt they are up to standard. And then and only then do they become a full member, but even then their training doesn't stop. They go on being monitored throughout the time they are members to ensure we, their patients are getting surgery of the best standard. If the surgeons aren't up to it.... They're out 

Its THIS calibre of surgeon you're going to be wanting to look for Ernie.... Of course if a BAAPS/BAPRAS member isn't important to you, then that's your choice. I'm just passing on what I feel would be the best option 'in my own humble opinion' to you.  

You can locate BAAPS members in your area by clicking on their website and your location HERE Ernie. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Yes or No? Correct inverted nipple & nipple uplift Empty Re: Yes or No? Correct inverted nipple & nipple uplift

Post by Ernie1919 16th December 2013, 8:45 pm

Hello Cookie - sorry completely me misspelling his name - it's Dr Fallahdar and thanks for the link as I've now been able to check that he IS a member of BAAPS and BAPRAS.

The other consultant is Mr Marcellino and thanks to your comment I can see he isn't a member of either.

Thank you so much!  I've managed to get a second consultation with Dr Fallahdar later  this week to discuss my concerns now that I'm less sure about the other option.

Thanks again - that was very helpful!

Ernie x
Ernie1919
Ernie1919
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th December 2013, 8:53 pm

No problem Ernie.

Just take your time hun. Maybe consider another consultation as a deciding opinion? If money's a problem you can see a BAAPS member at MyBreast for only £25. I'm not suggesting you use another surgeon if Mr Falladah feels right for you, but it will at least give you another opinion to enable you to compare the surgery plan and to see which way of the two plans you have already another may swing.

I hope all goes well Ernie and please keep us updated won't you.

Also... Only if you'd like  Give You  You could introduce yourself in the 'Say Hello' section of the forum so all of our members can get to know a little about you and can give you a big warm Breast Buddies welcome. 

Don't worry if you'd rather not though  :ok: Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down