Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAAPS continues its fight for regulation

3 posters

Go down

BAAPS continues its fight for regulation Empty BAAPS continues its fight for regulation

Post by COOKIE 2nd October 2013, 4:14 pm

London – 26 September, 2013 – Despite Sir Bruce Keogh’s review into cosmetic surgery concluding five months ago that time-linked incentives, group deals and other inducements in the sector should be banned, new studies unveiled today at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] taking place 26-27 September at London’s QEII conference centre; demonstrate that this type of marketing continues to flourish unabated.

One study presented at the Meeting reveals that more than half (52%) of the highest Google-ranking aesthetic plastic surgery providers still offer promotional deals; often tied with luxury-themed ‘perks’ such as chauffeurs, free photo shoots and holiday destinations; out of which nearly two in five (37%) were time-linked (as in ‘book by Friday!’). Not one provided the recommended two-stage written consent ‘cooling off’ process recommended by the Cosmetic Surgical Practice Working Party (CSWP).

Another, separate study looking into providers of non-surgical treatments such as wrinkle-relaxing injections and dermal fillers, showed three out of five (58%) were offering incentives. Worryingly, a third (32%) of these providers did not even specify who actually administered the treatments and over a quarter (26%) made no mention whatsoever of qualifications. Sites where these facial procedures could take place included shopping centres, gyms and even ‘at-home parties’. Only a fifth (22%) of the procedures were offered in facilities registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

According to consultant plastic surgeon and BAAPS President Rajiv Grover:

“This new yet sadly unsurprising evidence shows that despite the recommendations of Sir Bruce Keogh’s review, the most popular providers continue to advertise financial inducements and ‘luxury’ incentives, clearly reinforcing the preposterous notion that surgery is part of a celebrity-style status symbol involving photo shoots and ‘chauffeur services’. There is nothing glamorous about surgery and these serious (and irreversible) procedures should not be sold alongside aspirational perks as if they were part of a jet-setting lifestyle.”

Source HERE

I've placed this here because I feel its so important for everyone to know about the battle BAAPS is having to regulate this industry and bring it back to any surgery being known as serious surgery - its not glamourous at all and yet many of the larger commercial clinics STILL insist on offering these deals of any sort to draw women in.... It wrong and as BAAPS says, they are saddened at the evidence which shows this is STILL happening!

I too am saddened and hope that along with BAAPS we too can help women to know what a serious decision this is to take, one that shouldn't be glamourised by offers or any fancy additional packages if you book before certain dates... PLEASE girls. Use your head! The worst thing you could do for yourself and your body is jump into this. Do your research! Use us if you need to to help you! But PLEASE don't be lured into surgery. Have this surgery with a surgeon you've thoroughly researched - someone you respect, feel confident about and assured after checking all qualifications that they are more than up to the work you're wanting. YOU take control. YOU choose your surgeon.

Offers.. Deals and packages are no reasons at all to be making decisions about booking a BA - some clinics may want to push that forward and throw in a few celeb names just to seal the deal, but none of that matters at all does it if you aren't getting the best surgeon possible to do the work you're wanting done.

ALWAYS no matter what ladies, please never book on the day of your consultation, no matter how tempted you may be. Always come home and think things through - research the surgeon, the surgery plan and the aftercare, have other consultations so you can compare to ensure you know you're making the right decision and make your final choice based on skill, not price, deals or packages Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

BAAPS continues its fight for regulation Empty Re: BAAPS continues its fight for regulation

Post by rachij 2nd October 2013, 4:26 pm

Also to add to what cookie has said, if you have got friends who have had a BA ask them for recommendations of their surgeon like I did, I feel more than happy with the surgeon I've chosen as I know and seen his work.
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

BAAPS continues its fight for regulation Empty Re: BAAPS continues its fight for regulation

Post by LJR 2nd October 2013, 4:53 pm

I find it quite alarming that these incentives are offered tbh. Living in the back of beyond I knew nothing of these "offers".

However a few years ago when I first considered a BA I backed out because the surgeon offered to alter the length of stay required because I didn't want to leave my children. What put me off was the fact that he was risking my health - maybe only in a minor way - so that I would go through with the op.
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down