Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

alicia douvall blames surgeons for addiction

4 posters

Go down

alicia douvall blames surgeons for addiction Empty alicia douvall blames surgeons for addiction

Post by Nicole 24th March 2013, 10:36 pm

'why did nobody stop me spending £1m on surgery'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2297998/Alicia-Douvall-Why-did-stop-worlds-nipped-tucked-woman-wasting-1m-16-boob-jobs-eye-watering-308-cosmetic-treatments.html
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

alicia douvall blames surgeons for addiction Empty Re: alicia douvall blames surgeons for addiction

Post by COOKIE 24th March 2013, 11:40 pm

I agree with her.

I've many times posted articles of celebs having 'overdone' their surgery and its all too obvious that these people are addicted and should not be having their addictions fed by surgeons with nothing but money in mind, with their 5 minute in and out consultations, some even letting you know the minute people walk in the door they simply don't have time for them. A quick glance, told what they're having and out the door and led into the sales room with the 'care' co-ordinator! Pfft!

Its about time people are standing up now, some those who who have suffered at the scars of these consultations. Myself included.

Well done BAAPS and to all the celebrities who will help shout out how badly they're being treated and the consequences of not being carefully monitored and having had a 'full' consultation can have. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

alicia douvall blames surgeons for addiction Empty Re: alicia douvall blames surgeons for addiction

Post by loclo26 25th March 2013, 9:50 am

I think its a shame whast been done to her. Ive watched a few documentaries with her on and she seems like a really nice lady, her daughter is also a credit to her as she seems very well educated and has many goals in life. I also agree with Cookie and hope that laws change for full consultations as well as being psycologically examined before a procedure, especially for those who suffer with body dysmorphia. x
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 25th March 2013, 1:04 pm

i'm just shocked at the amount of surgery she had, i knew she'd had a lot but did not know it was that much! i hope she's managed to get help xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd April 2013, 10:54 pm

The poor woman has problems, but then the surgeon will just think if I don't do it she will go elsewhere. You'd have to change cosmetic surgery rules all over the world. Her surgeon should have had her see a proffessional within his surgery, a counsellor that can talk things through with the patient. That'll never happen though as I can't see the government funding counsellors for every cosmetic clinic in the UK. It would be amazing if they did. Problem is, people with addictions lie, so I would think the blame lies 50/50. The surgeon should have tried to help her, but she knows dam well if he said no she would have gone somewhere else.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd April 2013, 11:23 am

Her addiction was pretty obvious though wasn't it? I mean when asked if she has ever taken anti-depressants or had mental problems and her reply was - no. Alarm surely would go off just given her high profile and the cosmetic procedures she was previously given time after time.... I personally feel the clinics who agreed surgery for her should have 'morally' turned her away for those very reasons. But they're never going to do that and have clearly in this case happily taken a no as a no regardless of what they may 'know' through her high profile and take her money.

If they refused her and she chose to go elsewhere.... Well that would then be on the head of the surgeon or clinic that agreed to do the surgery. But any surgeon with a decent bone in there body would put morals before their cash register in my opinion.

There ARE surgeons out there who turn women away when they have concerns or don't feel the surgery is right for the person. BAAPS recently released a report HERE about this very thing. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down