Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post op panic?

4 posters

Go down

Post op panic? Empty Post op panic?

Post by rubylily 14th February 2013, 8:56 pm

Hi I am at home recovering from BA + uplift that i had done yesterday and was wondering did anyone else get post op panic? Can't sleep got a headache and eye is twitchy am stressing myself out! Is this because of the anesthetic ? Or op nerves? If anyone else experienced this let me know and any tips to calm myself down! X
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post op panic? Empty Re: Post op panic?

Post by COOKIE 14th February 2013, 9:16 pm

OK lovely, its probably a little panic with not having the hospital staff around you now should you need them, but they wouldn't have discharged you if they didnt feel you were fine to go.

So think that you only paid for one night so that's all they would have given you anyway babe, should you have required further care they would have extended your stay free of charge.

You're fine hun. Just take deep breaths and try to calm yourself down. If you have someone with you (which you should) they will be there to watch over you now hun.

The operation is all done now. The anaesthetic can make you feel quite strange after surgery and headaches are a common side effect hun. It will settle down though.

Be sure to drink lots of water hun to help flush the GA through your system and in a day or two youll be feeling much better lovely and we're here is you need us babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 14th February 2013, 9:27 pm

True I'm sure you are right just not feeling myself yet need to keep calm and give it time wish I could sleep!!!!

Sure am being silly xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th February 2013, 9:40 pm

You're not being silly hun Hug

You're fresh out of surgery, you're not feeling great and you're concerned hun and if you are overly concerned remember you have you have a 24 hour emergency number that you should have been given upon discharge that you can use if you feel really worried lovely.

I think we're always the best judge of our own bodies so if you do feel overly concerned don't worry about calling them, if only to get some reassurance hun - you paid for this aftercare service Ruby, so don't be afraid to use it Ruby. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 14th February 2013, 9:45 pm

Thing Is I know I am a worrier! Will try get some sleep tonight then see how I'm doing tomorrow.. Still can't believe I've had the procedure! Once the ga is out of my system I'm sure ill feel better as I never doc well with drugs xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th February 2013, 9:47 pm

Plenty of fluids sweetie :ok: get it flushed through your system and you should start to feel lots better. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th February 2013, 9:50 pm

Ergh the ga it does take a while to come out of your body and that mixed with the cocktail of painkillers, what are you taking? First lot of anti bs I had made me sick, codeine and tremadol can make you sick, dizzy , not feel right.

Make sure you drink LOTSOF water to flush it out and eat little and often to keep energy up.

Twitchy eye means your tired , as for not sleeping try and get as comfy as poss in a v pillow head raised slightly not sitting up! Ice packs for pain relief , a rolled up towel, under your knees for back support.

It's just the mixture of everything that makes you feel not quite right. ESP them awful. Painkillers of you're on them. X

mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 14th February 2013, 9:55 pm

Yeah I'm taking codrydamol every 4 hours and antibiotics.. Think it's everything rolled into one and I'm a panicker too which doesn't
Help!

Not taken last set of painkillers will take again tmw morn.

Just want to feel right again! Heads all over place def need some sleep hope I can get some and feel better tmw xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th February 2013, 10:01 pm

Codeine for me makes me feel sick, dizzy, spaces out, and really not feel right.
If you can manage on just paracetamol the. Great otherwise ask for a diffrnt painkiller to try but any strong painkiller often has adverse side effects. Ice packs provide great pain relief without taking anything x

Eat with your anti bs also esp live or pro biotic Yougurt ro put back good bacteria in your tummy x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 14th February 2013, 10:05 pm

Maybe from tomorrow ill move onto ice packs as need my head feeling normal again .. Thanks guys appreciate the support onto day 3 tomorrow! Xxx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th February 2013, 10:25 pm

You do what you need to do Ruby to help yourself feel better lovely... Right now it sounds like you really need to rest. So get some sleep lovely. You're gonna be just fine Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 14th February 2013, 11:26 pm

Sounds like the girls have given you great advice hun, hope you get a better night sleep tonight. I think a rest will do you good, everything looks better when you're well rested.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 15th February 2013, 8:39 am

Feeling much better this morning think the nights are harder! Pain isn't bad at all so am decreasing the pain killers and using ice packs.. V tired as hard to sleep upright but am going in right direction.

Thank you all so much this forum is a life saver and such a comfort! Xxx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th February 2013, 11:41 am

Glad you're feeling better now Ruby Hug

There's no reason at all for you sleeping 'upright' babe as in sat up. As long as your head and shoulders are raised higher than your chest that's all that's needed to help the swelling subside. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 15th February 2013, 12:56 pm

Oh I've been sleeping sat up! Good to know will take some pillows away.. Pain is really not bad at all - shouldn't be complaining but I thought it would be much worse!

Can't wait to see final result - he did mention something about skin trimming but I think that may be quite common?

Can see hints of cleavage which is something I could only have dreamt about before! Xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th February 2013, 1:24 pm

Can't say I've heard of skin trimming hun. Did your surgeon say what this would mean?

You might find this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] helpful lovely to see you through the early weeks of recovery. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 15th February 2013, 4:44 pm

Great thanks for the link. I've decided to stop the codrydamol as its giving me sleep paralysis which is scary and I'm not in massive pain so normal paracetamol should be ok.

He said something about if there is excess skin they can so another op to fix it but I was not with it so can't remember details then I read on here some girls have had that. I hope I don't need another op after this one but maybe he had to warn me just in case xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th February 2013, 5:25 pm

Well its fair enough that you've been warned sweetheart and it doesn't sound like a bog op, just a snip and a tuck, but lets hope you don't need and all went well first time around fingers crossed

Stopping the co-coda mol if you don't need it is a great idea babe. Stick with paracetamol if you need it and ice packs are great and if you feel you need something stronger at night be the co-coda mol aren't suited to you, don't be afraid to call your clinic babe and request something else in replacement. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down