Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

post surgical, sport or surgical/lifting bra ??

+5
misf1
silverpanther
loclo26
littlewellies
lil-happy-jo
9 posters

Go down

post surgical, sport or surgical/lifting bra ??  Empty post surgical, sport or surgical/lifting bra ??

Post by lil-happy-jo 4th February 2013, 6:55 pm

This has probably been asked a thousand times but what is the difference between bras and which ones are best to use immediately after surgery?

I've heard a lot about M&S, Triumph and Macom but do they all do the same thing or are some made for a few weeks or months after surgery ?

Thanks ladies x
lil-happy-jo
lil-happy-jo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 437

Back to top Go down

post surgical, sport or surgical/lifting bra ??  Empty Re: post surgical, sport or surgical/lifting bra ??

Post by littlewellies 4th February 2013, 6:58 pm

Check with your surgeon first, I went out and bought a Macom, 3 different types of sports bra and I might not need anything, the surgeons going to see on the day. Ask him or her and go with what they say x
littlewellies
littlewellies
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 970

Back to top Go down

post surgical, sport or surgical/lifting bra ??  Empty Re: post surgical, sport or surgical/lifting bra ??

Post by loclo26 4th February 2013, 7:01 pm

Mine said I have to buy my own sports bras, he never said a brand. x
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by silverpanther 4th February 2013, 7:18 pm

Mine recommended macom, as do most surgeons. I think its different to sports bras in the fact that it has NO seams, and does up at the front with hook and eyes. I love that it has no seams because I feel like if I were wearing a sports bra 24/7 the seams would dig in, even if they were only at the side of my ribcage.

Also the macom is quite long line, which means the base of the bra does not generally dig in under the breast crease where I had incisions, but finishes a few inches below. Again, with a sports bra this isnt usually a feature, and i've read about ladies using pantyliners on the band to protect their breast crease incisions...

But in the end, I would go with whatever your surgeon recommends! :)
XXX
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 4th February 2013, 7:26 pm

I would check with your surgeon. They will be able to tell you which they think will be best for your healing. A lot of people love the macom post surgery bra (which can also be used as a sports bra after) but there are lots of bras out there. I do sell the macom bra on my website and it's proving very popular.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-happy-jo 4th February 2013, 7:45 pm

Thanks ladies, I am going back for another visit tmrw so will see what they say x
lil-happy-jo
lil-happy-jo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by dove 4th February 2013, 7:51 pm

Magcom is great as it adjusts to the sizes of your breasts, so when they're seollen and then when the swelling goes down, you just buy it based on your band size...it saves having to buy afew different sizes of sports bras to gestimate swelling.
Hope tomorrow goes well for you x
dove
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 484

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 4th February 2013, 8:02 pm

Sports bras :) x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by lil-happy-jo 5th February 2013, 2:56 pm

Hi.ladies well I was advised today to get 1 or 2 low cost sports bra's for the first week. If I am advised to wear it after surgery, (sometimes your rcmnd not too) it will be all mucky with the medical stuff. Then after the first week when you go to see the nurse, she will advise which type/size is best for your boobs. Macoms and other post surgical bras are apparently essential for uplifts & reductions, but not as much with BA's.

Bra shopping here I come x
lil-happy-jo
lil-happy-jo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Shazcott 6th February 2013, 9:40 pm

Hi jo I had Ba....no uplift and I bought 2 macom's. my pc said get cheap/low cost sports bra's but after advice from ladies on here I decided to spend a little more money for that extra support and got the macom's and was very happy with them, I also bought 2 shock absorber sports bra's, if we are spending all this money on our lovely new boobies lets look after them :ok: xxx
Shazcott
Shazcott
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 502

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 7th February 2013, 9:44 am

You want to support those girls as much as possible. The implant is adhering to the pocket and you want it to stay there. I wear 2 bras at once purely because I'm having a nightmare finding something to fit that's supportive and comfortable. Macoms are fab, whilst I was swollen the xs fit so well but after the swelling I didn't have enough support so I now wear it over a sports bra and my boobs stay put.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by silverpanther 7th February 2013, 9:47 am

Its true about when the swelling starts to go down you feel a little too loose!! I'm thinking of buying a tighter bra, just cos the rib measurement isnt the same anymore. Good idea with the 2 bras at once!!
XXX
silverpanther
silverpanther
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down