Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

some info on loss of nipple sensation

5 posters

Go down

some info on loss of nipple sensation Empty some info on loss of nipple sensation

Post by dove 29th January 2013, 11:23 pm

Your nipple and/or breast skin might lose sensation partially or completely following augmentation.
As the nerve that conducts sensation to the nipple is typically small and thin, surgeons often do not see it during surgery. As such, it might be stretched, cut, or inadvertently cauterized. If stretched, sensation usually returns. If it is cut, sensation usually does not return. If cauterized (burned), the likelihood of sensory return depends upon the extent of cautery.The risk of permanent nipple numbness is about 15% nationally.
Implant size and implant position may influence your risk of nipple numbness after breast augmentation surgery. Selecting an implant which has a diameter larger than that of your breast will increase the likelihood of nipple numbness. For example, a woman with an 11 cm diameter breast who chooses a 13 cm diameter implant (about 400 cc) is more likely to have nipple numbness than a woman with a 15 cm diameter breast who chooses a 14 cm diameter implant (about 500 cc). So, this is a relative issue.
Implants placed under the muscle have a lower rate of nipple numbness than implants placed above the muscle.If you do develop nipple numbness after surgery, sensation may take up to 2 years to return. You may facilitate a sooner and more complete return of sensation by massaging your nipples and breast skin regularly. This involves light touch with your fingers for several minutes several times each day.
You must perform your own light touch, as doing so reinforces neural pathways within your brain and facilitates sensory return.
The opposite problem, increased nipple sensation, is also possible and can be very aggravating. If so, it usually resolves within a few weeks. Here again, massage is very important.Sharp shooting pains sometimes occur, especially as nipple sensation is returning. Here again, massage is critical, as doing so will reduce unpleasant feelings and reinstate normal sensation.Breast augmentation does not usually affect nipple erection, which is preserved even if sensation is lost.
dove
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 484

Back to top Go down

some info on loss of nipple sensation Empty Re: some info on loss of nipple sensation

Post by Nicole 29th January 2013, 11:56 pm

oooooooooooooooooooo. thanks hun, very interesting! :) xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

some info on loss of nipple sensation Empty Re: some info on loss of nipple sensation

Post by dove 30th January 2013, 1:08 am

I was going to put it in the breast augmentation forum but couldn't, just thought it was a good bit of info for pre and post ba. Smike
dove
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 484

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 30th January 2013, 6:37 am

I can feel my nipples just not the lower half of my boob! Don't know if that will get better.. Xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazzyxo 30th January 2013, 7:31 am

I miss my nips very much :(
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 979

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th January 2013, 8:43 am

Breast augmentation does not usually affect nipple erection, which is preserved even if sensation is lost.

It affected mine! It took a year for sensation to return toons of my nipples after my second op and during that whole time it was just soft. Had no temperature reaction at all so when it was cold I looked like I only had one nipple! It was the strangest thing.

Thankfully although I did lose some sensation (can't feel light touch) it worked out fine for me.

Just to add that I've been here over 3 years and know of only 1 woman who lost full sensation of the thousands I've seen come through, so the likelihood of losing sensation is small.

Our surgeons here in the UK must do a damn good job for us. dance
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down