Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunbed....

+4
misf1
Raceytracey
tinkerbell24
Lucytugwell27
8 posters

Go down

Sunbed.... Empty Sunbed....

Post by Lucytugwell27 28th December 2012, 11:42 pm

Girlies....

How soon after surgery can we use sunbeds?

I like to have one every couple of weeks to keep me glowy and just wonders when it would be safe to go on? I know my scars will need covering but as my skin doesn't seem stretched I'm hoping I could be ok for a 6 minute blast in a few days?

Xxx
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 527

Back to top Go down

Sunbed.... Empty Re: Sunbed....

Post by tinkerbell24 29th December 2012, 12:08 am

i was going to go for one but im worried cause its bad for ur skin would it ruin the breast skin and there be more of a chance of sagging later on i used to go for a week xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 29th December 2012, 12:27 am

I don't think it's more risky for your skin than it normally is.... We all know its not the best but i can't help myself..,,

What I have read is that the skin can be more sensitive after a BA as it is stretched and that scars should be covered well...

My skin isn't too stretched so debating whether I need to cover my boobs or not..,, think I'm going to go for 6 mins and see how I get on :)

How you feeling chick? Xx
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 29th December 2012, 12:45 am

yeah in went and got my pictures done in one of they face things and its shows how bad your skin is mine wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be. its nivce having a wee glow but lol

im doing good thank just tired at the end of the day after running after the kids and im starting to love my boobies thankfully lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 29th December 2012, 12:48 am

Ahhhh that's brilliant news :)

I knew it would happen for you..... Iv been a lot better than I thought I would be but had spent weeks leading up to the op being afraid of how I would feel about them once it was done. I think it's totally normally for them to feel alien for a while.... I'm so pleased your starting to love them :)

Ill let you know how I get on at the sunbed.,,, we are only here once and I want to look m best while I am :) xx
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raceytracey 29th December 2012, 9:46 am

I was told at my last checkup that it has to be 6 weeks, an I have to cover my scars, so I'm going on next week lol as sick of the veins on my boobs xxx
Raceytracey
Raceytracey
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 29th December 2012, 10:04 am

If your skin has stretched at all then there is more chance of burning. Your scars have to be covered for one year which is when they are fully mature, or you risk pigmentation of the scar, this could mean a red or brown scar permanently.
Due to the stretching of your skin you have increased risk of ageing that stretched skin (age spots, crepe paper skin, wrinkles).
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th December 2012, 10:51 am

I think you're running away with yourself Lucy because you feel so good lovely. Don't be fooled by thinking your skin hasn't stretched much so things will be OK. Your skin IS stretched and you WILL risk burning.

The general advice is to wait 6 weeks before going on a sunbed, so maybe apply some false tan if you're feeling a little pale. Which I doubt just yet lol. Obviously be careful not to put any near your scars though.

Just be careful Lucy, although you're having a good recovery, your post-op care advise is no different than anyone else's to ensure you get the best from your recovery and if you rush yourself through you do risk putting your recovery back lovely. So just take it easy for while hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 29th December 2012, 11:47 am

No sunbeds for at least 6 weeks, and even then, you've got to cover your boobs as you're at risk of burning and at more of a risk of ruining the breast skin more than usual. Scars covered for a year aswell x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy51 29th December 2012, 1:01 pm

My little tuppence worth....

Fake tan 100% - forever :thumbs:
(sunbeds are evil in so many ways) growl

xx
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 518

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 29th December 2012, 5:50 pm

I agree Snowy, it's beyond me why people fry their skin on the sunbeds, seen too many people who used to use sunbeds and now they look like leather handbags way before their time. Fake tan all the way x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 29th December 2012, 6:33 pm

my SIL went for a sunbed today to the place we normally head to when she is up and the lady asked if I was having one and i explained about my recent BA and she said that she couldnt let me in now for at least 6 weeks even if I wanted one cause she now knows ive had it done

She was also saying that if i want to look after my new additions a sunbed is not the way to go as it will sag the skin by ruining the elasticity (not sure if thats how its spelt) in the skin?
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 29th December 2012, 6:34 pm

Aw I know, I don't want to end up a leather handbag but I suffer with acne so anything that can help ease that is a Godsend. I waited 6 weeks , and chose a lie down cuz it was easier to keep my scars covered. Kept my bra on too, although you could prob drape a dark t shirt over your boobs if you don't want the strap lines on your back xx
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th December 2012, 7:21 pm

snowy51 wrote:My little tuppence worth....

Fake tan 100% - forever :thumbs:
(sunbeds are evil in so many ways) growl

xx

Agreed yes
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down