Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

revision surgery for boob shape / nipple position?

5 posters

Go down

revision surgery for boob shape / nipple position? Empty revision surgery for boob shape / nipple position?

Post by ElizabethSok 3rd December 2012, 10:52 pm

Hi ladies...

wonder if anyone can help me, or share their experiences?

My third surgery in six weeks was last wednesday, and today I had the grand unveiling and am a bit sad. Although it is obviously much better than before, (as in, there is no huge gaping hole in my boob!) the whole of my left boob looks....weird.

There is a large dent in the boob itself, where the skin was pulled up to close the hole. The nurse says eventually the surgeon can take some fat from elsewhere and fill it in... Anyone have any experience with this?

Secondly, the areola is in the wrong place, it isnt central on the point of my boob, but rather a little higher and to the left.. Not sure if anything can be done.. I would be reluctant to have him take the nipple off again for a third time, surely that would be dangerous for the blood flow beyond what is normal?

Thirdly, the nipple is not central in the areola. It is in the top corner, making the whole areola/nipple look really weird at the moment. I dont have much sensation so not sure how it would look when/if i get any back, but for the moment, it's kind of frightening looking. I cant see how this could ever be changed, as that bit of skin on the areola above the nipple has been lost forever.... all the nurse would say is that the surgeon has lots of tricks he uses. she wouldnt elaborate and i suppose she didnt have anything concrete she could tell me.

I know its a long shot, but if anyone has words of wisdom or experience for any of these three problems I would love to hear from you. Either way he isnt doing any revision for at least six months, so I just have to live with looking weird for the time being. :( It wont show in a bra, but def makes me self conscious to be with my hubby or feel good naked.

and so it continues....
ElizabethSok
ElizabethSok
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

revision surgery for boob shape / nipple position? Empty Re: revision surgery for boob shape / nipple position?

Post by alexandra33 4th December 2012, 6:15 pm

Oh hun c'mere... revision surgery for boob shape / nipple position? 571992

Sorry you're going through this. First of all, as for the dent I'd give it a bit of time, it may fill out on its own. Second, I'd ask your surgeon himself, not the nurse, what the best case scenario is for healing and what he can do to make it better. Get his opinion before you start to worry!

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

revision surgery for boob shape / nipple position? Empty Re: revision surgery for boob shape / nipple position?

Post by Kxx 4th December 2012, 6:30 pm

I have nothing to add hunni I'm sorry apart from Hug
Kxx
Kxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1198

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 4th December 2012, 7:59 pm

Hey hun xx Sorry you are disappointed x Hug

You can have scar revision however you may have to wait now for at least 6 months to a year until you explore this xx

I have awful scarring around the areola so can sympathise fully with you and know how you feel xx after 3 ops in 3 years though I couldn't face another one to fix the scarring maybe in a couple of years who knows xx

They don't full remove the nipples hun they leave them attached and cut round them with a cookie cutter type thing and then stretch them out again and stitch them all round and back in place xx Thats why they look like strange 50 pence pieces post op xx the more ops you have though the more likely that the nerves will not come back and you are left permanently numb xx

Your boobs have been through A LOT of trauma in the last 6 weeks, you might want to give your body a chance to heal and then reassess in a few months shrug

Try to be patient and see how they heal xx worst case you may have to have scar revision later down the line xx

kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethSok 4th December 2012, 11:25 pm

Thank you all as always!

I am seeing the surgeon on Thurs, so will write down a list of questions. Not sure if I can choose to wait and still have it paid for as all inclusive... dont want to say no in 6 months, and then decide I want it done in a couple years and have to pay again. I know its not the biggest thing, but its silly to pay extra for nothing when I already know my surgeon is great.

Kay, I didnt know that about scar revision, thats rly interesting thanks so much. The scar itself is ok, its more the shape of the areola, so I suppose the technique would be the same.

My biggest worry is the placement of the nipple within the areola. Thats the main thing I want to ask him about.... but I have a feeling I wont like the answer!

Thanks again xxx
ElizabethSok
ElizabethSok
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th December 2012, 12:21 pm

If you've lost a part of the areola above the nipple Elizabeth then scar revision isn't going to bring that back for you sweetness. The only way now to give your nipple a more central appearance would be to have the areola tattooed inking the part of the areola back on. This would give the nipple a central look agin lovely.

You can read about areola tattooing HERE

I'm unsure if this is something your surgeon would do for you babe, but if its not and the part of the areola is 'lost forever' as you say, then I'd ask if the clinic would pay for the procedure to be done (does your aftercare cover this?)

About the dent hun... This early in your recovery I really wouldn't be worried about that. Your boobs will go through so many changes over the next coming months babe and its very possible it will fill out. But do highlight it for your surgeon to see and ensure they write down your concerns in your notes.

Hope all goes well tomorrow Elizabeth and please do let us know how it goes. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down