Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmetic surgery companies

4 posters

Go down

Cosmetic surgery companies Empty Cosmetic surgery companies

Post by mildura 14th July 2012, 12:07 pm

This is just a question out of curiosity more than anything but i was wondering if everybody in the UK uses a cosmetic surgery company to arrange their BA?
I've been reading Snake's blog which makes for very interesting reading and to be honest i'd be terrified to go anywhere near their sales people! Also, having seen what the surgeons earn it seems like nothing compared to the surgeons here in France despite the prices being similar.
Are you allowed to arrange a BA directly with the surgeon?
Like i said, it's curiosity rather than a question to help my decision. I wasn't in a position to pay for a BA before leaving England so i never looked into it.
xx
mildura
mildura
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Cosmetic surgery companies Empty Re: Cosmetic surgery companies

Post by roxanne 14th July 2012, 12:21 pm

I went with Mybreast, they weren't pushy at all. I saw my surgeon at every single consultation and post op check-up. The only thing I discussed with the patient coordinator are the prices, the logistic side of it, the surgical side was only discussed with my surgeon. I also specifically asked to see a particular surgeon, you can choose who you want to go with. My surgeon also has a private practice, but I chose to go through the company instead.

The advantage with companies is often the better aftercare in the longer term, and the price often tend to be lower than going to a private clinic. I also had a consultation with a local surgeon, the prices were much steeper than going through a large company, though this wasn't my final deciding factor, you shouldn't make a choice based on price, but on the surgeon and aftercare.

The disadvantage with companies is that they can sometimes be a bit a of a production line. A lot of the companies don't let you go to your surgeon directly for every appointment either, you see your pcc more, which to me is unacceptable.

The best thing to do is do your research on surgeons, look at their background and qualifications (GMC, BAAPS, BAPRAS), and read the fine print in the aftercare. Also do your research on implant brands, types too since many companies prefer some implants over others, usually for financial reasons xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by mildura 14th July 2012, 12:31 pm

Thanks so much for clearing that up Roxanne, i was so confused!
I don't think there are any companies here but i think it's because there's a law against it. The laws are so strict that surgeons can't advertise outside of their own websites and using a forum involves figuring out all sorts of codewords (a big headache that lead me to come here instead) Personally i think the french laws make it more dangerous because surgeons are discussed in private messages so it's harder to find fake customers. All the same, i was wondering if you had a choice on whether to use a company or not.
xx
mildura
mildura
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 14th July 2012, 1:03 pm

I went with a company - Aurora Clinics - for my surgery, however they're much much smaller than the bigger companies here. I felt valued as an individual and was cared for at every step of my journey.

I know some people here who have had great results and service from the bigger companies here like Transform and MYA but for me, I wouldn't go near them. I felt really pushed into making a decision, I did not get to meet my surgeon at my first consultation, the biggest topic discussed in my consultations was money and how I was going to afford it and I am STILL getting phone calls from MYA a year later asking me to book my operation with them.

I think we do get a choice over here, but the market is so dominated by companies most people don't consider going to a surgeon directly.
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 537

http://www.twitter.com/maria__elaina

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th July 2012, 3:28 pm

There are many surgeons here in the UK who have private practises mildura, sadly though the aftercare offered compared to that of the commercial companies does make them a lot less attractive when searching for surgeons, so women tend to be drawn more to the commercial side of the cosmetic industry more so because of the financial aspect should you be unlucky and have a complication that requires revision.

Having said that and having to deal with a commercial clinic for aftercare and missing out on the small print which turned out very costly for me, when I have my next op to go smaller, I'm more and more drawn to the private practice so I get that extra personal touch from my surgeon and also should I be unlucky again, I'd be very prepared to have to pay next time. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mildura 16th July 2012, 1:04 pm

I'm sorry you're having problems Cookie!

I never really considered the aftercare aspect, i know i can have a free re-op and endless appointments within a year if i need it but after that i'm on my own. That being said i'm already in the habit of saving at the moment so within a year i should be able to survive without cover (here's hoping!) I also love the fact that i can get away with e-mailing my surgeon directly and bombarding him with rediculous question

"what's the time frame for giving up alcohol? i have mentioned i'm irish haven't i?"

"i don't want to wake up with a tube in my mouth, can you speak with the nurses?"

"Are you sure you don't want to give me more painkillers? i've watched a video, it looks pretty gruesome"

"Why can't i have paper knickers? I wanted to save a bit by skipping the bikini wax but not if everyone's going to see!"

Wouldn't be so bad but i tend to e-mail them as they pop into my head, maybe he'll be extra careful during surgery just so he won't have me pestering anymore...
mildura
mildura
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 16th July 2012, 1:19 pm

mildura wrote:
"what's the time frame for giving up alcohol? i have mentioned i'm irish haven't i?"

"i don't want to wake up with a tube in my mouth, can you speak with the nurses?"

"Are you sure you don't want to give me more painkillers? i've watched a video, it looks pretty gruesome"

"Why can't i have paper knickers? I wanted to save a bit by skipping the bikini wax but not if everyone's going to see!"

Haha those are brilliant!! At least you've gone through all the little details - I didn't think about the little things AT ALL before my BA then just panicked when it was too late! At least you'll know exactly what to expect :)
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mildura 16th July 2012, 1:53 pm

I was with my bf when i got the reply to the paper knicker question, he was mortified i'd even ask such a thing. Not to mention a little annoyed i hadn't considered him when thinking about skipping a bikini wax... was he serious? i still don't know.I think i sent about 10 different e-mails in the space of a week before the ps politely suggested i save them over a few days and send them all in one e-mail or call him.
mildura
mildura
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 16th July 2012, 2:16 pm

Ha! Aww dear. It's better to make sure you ask everything though than forget something important. I skipped my bikini wax too but didn't get any paper knickers :( had to wear my own! At least you'll know in advance!
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 16th July 2012, 10:15 pm

I can't speak for the other companies, but I can't complain with Mybreast. I had so many questions that my ps phoned me twice to answer what I hadn't asked at the consultations. He offered to call, I didn't have to chase him. He also called me back after my op when I had some fluid buildup in my tummy (I had a mini tt as well). So even though I went through a company, my experience was very personal and postive, however this is one of the reasons why I chose this specific company and surgeon.

The paper pants, lol. I don't think your bikine will be your top priority for a while, but I still epilated the night before so that I wouldn't have to worry about it for a while xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th July 2012, 11:07 pm

mildura wrote:I'm sorry you're having problems Cookie!

That's OK hun, I hopefully getting them dealt with soon which fingers crossed be the last of surgery for me for a long time. xx

I never really considered the aftercare aspect, i know i can have a free re-op and endless appointments within a year if i need it but after that i'm on my own. That being said i'm already in the habit of saving at the moment so within a year i should be able to survive without cover (here's hoping!) I also love the fact that i can get away with e-mailing my surgeon directly and bombarding him with rediculous question

Exactly. Having just a years after-care 'for me' will be something I'll opt for too when I next choose my surgeon, it's a sacrifice I'm prepared to pay for just being able to deal with my surgeon and to have no middle man stand in the way of that. Also in the event of a complication having your surgeon ONLY make decisions on whether it's agreeable or not you require a re-op, dealing directly with a surgeon as opposed to a 'company' is just all the more appealing to 'me' the more research I do

Wouldn't be so bad but i tend to e-mail them as they pop into my head, maybe he'll be extra careful during surgery just so he won't have me pestering anymore...

BWAHAHAHA. This had me laughing so loud I think the house shook mildura Hysterical Hysterical Too funny. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down