Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Implants trigger dormant TB

+2
Loobs
*Alice*
6 posters

Go down

Implants trigger dormant TB Empty Implants trigger dormant TB

Post by *Alice* 6th July 2012, 11:37 am

LINK HERE

It's so sad for Kerry and her family to go through this, I think the media gets off on posting the bad side of breast implants. Also it was an illness that was laying dormant, surely this could have been brought out by anything not just the BA?

The Daily Mail's bias attitude really irritates me. growl

X

Last edited by *Alice* on 6th July 2012, 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title change)
*Alice*
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Implants trigger dormant TB Empty Re: Implants trigger dormant TB

Post by Loobs 6th July 2012, 12:00 pm

Oh how terribly sad. :(

But the way the artive and title is written is scaremongering and I dont agree with that.

God bless her and her family x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th July 2012, 12:10 pm

Oh that poor, poor family and what a sad loss of a young life sad smile

Doctors were not sure how she’d caught it, but one theory was the disease had laid dormant in her body until the implants were inserted.

what a load of rubbish!

Doctors are well aware of the rise of TB in the UK and also that there does seem to a rise in cases that arent reacting to medication.

It's both sad and unfortunate that a young woman had her life and happiness torn away from her at such a young age and just when she was beginning to enjoy a bew chapter in her life after having a BA.

But a BA doesn't cause TB. TB is a virus and picked up through coughs, and sneezes, that type of thing and this poor woman was just unlucky to contracted an illness that for her was untreatable.

here's some further info from a reporter who bothered to do their homework and get their facts right before scaremongering!

Drug-resistant cases of tuberculosis (TB) are on the rise in the UK, figures suggest.

The number of cases of the infectious disease which could not be treated by common methods has risen by 26%, according to the Health Protection Agency (HPA).

In 2010, there were 342 cases which could not be treated by traditional antibiotics, while in 2011, this figure rose to 431.

Overall, 8,963 new cases of TB were reported to the HPA in 2011, up from 8,410 cases in 2010.

Professor Ibrahim Abubakar, head of TB surveillance at the HPA, said: "Although we are disappointed that there has been an increase in new TB diagnoses in the past year, we are pleased that TB cases overall have been stabilising since 2005, with around 8,500 to 9,000 new diagnoses each year.

"However, the increase in drug-resistant cases remains a concern and a challenge to our efforts to control TB in the UK.

"TB continues to disproportionately affect those in hard to reach and vulnerable groups, particularly migrants.

"In order to reduce TB cases in the future, it's very important that health commissioners, especially in parts of the country with the highest rates of TB, prioritise the delivery of appropriate clinical and public health TB services."

TB is a bacterial infection which is spread by inhaling drops of saliva when an infected person coughs, speaks or sneezes.

It mainly affects the lungs but can spread to other parts of the body including the bones, skin and nervous system.

Typical symptoms of TB include a persistent cough, chest pain, weight loss and night sweats.

* The data is being presented at a meeting of the International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease at Imperial College London later this week.

source HERE
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 6th July 2012, 12:22 pm

Oh that made me cry,its so sad and quite scary!,but its not conclusive that it was the implants that caused it .My heart goes out to her family x
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 6th July 2012, 5:45 pm

My heart goes out to her and her family Implants trigger dormant TB 856466

But oh the Daily Fail is at it again, I just really hate this paper Implants trigger dormant TB 221105 The issue that needs to be addressed is the TB, and why the drugs aren't as effective as before. An intellligent paper would be writing about this instead, and it's shameful how people swallow up sensationalist scaremongering dribble.

Let's face it, pharmaceutical companies are in it for the cash. Up until recently TB had now been an issue of poorer countries, not our problem anymore so to speak. Therefore the financial motivation was no longer there to develop new TB drugs. TB has had years to evolve some resistance to the current drugs, and more research and development is required, TB is on the rise.

Oh, and another thing, is it too much to NOT spit on the streets and cover mouth when coughing, makes me sick Implants trigger dormant TB 221105

OK, rant over.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 6th July 2012, 8:12 pm

roxanne wrote:

But oh the Daily Fail is at it again, I just really hate this paper Implants trigger dormant TB 221105 The issue that needs to be addressed is the TB, and why the drugs aren't as effective as before. An intellligent paper would be writing about this instead, and it's shameful how people swallow up sensationalist scaremongering dribble.

Hysterical Here here! I'm always trying to explain to my mum who's an avid reader that we're not all about to implode like it says we are!

I used to work for the nationals and they used to slate the mail too. Awful rag! X
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down