Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you get implants on NHS?

+9
jen86
Louise91
tracey20
sars3dd
angelemma
misf1
mistyhoney
COOKIE
ToriLoula
13 posters

Go down

How do you get implants on NHS? Empty How do you get implants on NHS?

Post by ToriLoula 22nd December 2010, 12:47 pm

Hi girls
I'm just interested to know how is the best way to go about getting breast implants on the NHS? I have a friend who really wants them doing, she hates her body because of her small boobs and has been through so much lately like loosing her job etc. There is no way she could afford to pay private and has bad credit etc.
So how do you go about it the NHS way? And how long roughly does it take?
Thanks for any advice
xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

How do you get implants on NHS? Empty Re: How do you get implants on NHS?

Post by COOKIE 22nd December 2010, 1:27 pm

Her first point of contact would be her GP hun. They then decide whether or not your friend would be eligible and if they feel she is will refer her on for assessment.

I'm unsure of how long the NHS process is but hopefully one of the ladies here who have had their surgery through the NHS will be along to offer their advice. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney 22nd December 2010, 3:23 pm

Hi there! if her GP agrees that she has a case then they will usually write a letter on her behalf to the surgeon ect,it took about 1-2months of waiting to hear back if my letter was successful. Then i had to wait for an appointment to be seen by the phsychologist which was about another 6 months...i couldn't really say exactly how long (and my experience might be different as im up in scotland) but i've had to wait 1 year twice as i've had 2 boys so all in all it would probably have taken around a year or so, then it all depends on the waiting list if she gets accepted, im hoping that after im seen in Aug '11 (thats because ive just had a baby this Aug so had to wait 1 yr to figure out my sizing) im hoping to have my surgery by Xmas '11 :)
it can be along wait but sooo worth it!
Misty x
mistyhoney
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd December 2010, 11:51 pm

I didn't go down the NHS route but what I have read and personally experienced of government reforms there will be a massive shake up of every government department including the NHS with talk of PCT's being axed or more centralised, even giving councils or GPs the authority to decide who gets what with the budgets they have. With massive cut backs across the board it could become increasingly difficult for anyone to get funding for a BA unless they have a severe abnormality or are requesting funding for reconstructive surgery following cancer.
If I was your friend I would try as soon as possible before all these changes occur, although even if accepted it could be a long wait with the possibilty of the government later withdrawing agreed funding.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 23rd December 2010, 1:40 pm

Thanks a lot for your help and advice I will tell her to go see the Dr asap
xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angelemma 23rd December 2010, 2:04 pm

Hi Tori - I was going down the NHS route as I had quite bad asymmetry and tubular breasts. The surgeon and psychologist all agreed I should have surgery but unfortunately the PCT cut all funding for that hospital. It then went to my GP to apply to my local PCT but I had already borrowed the money, changed surgeons and had it done by the time I got a letter from them (yesterday) saying it had been declined due to all non-essential operations being considered low-priority and due to cuts they can't do anything.

Hate to be negative but anyone who gets it done on the NHS these days will be very lucky as they just have *no* money.
angelemma
angelemma
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 532

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriLoula 24th December 2010, 10:57 am

Thanks for sharing your experiance angelemma. I guess it's worth a try. Brick wall comes to mind with everything my friend does. Glad you got the funds and had it done xxxxx
ToriLoula
ToriLoula
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 24th December 2010, 6:28 pm

I am in Scotland and it took me 4yrs from first being referred to finally getting my first op but i hate kids in between. Up here in Scotland its not as strict as England but i still had a massive battle on my hands to get it. I had a massive size difference which was the reason i qualified.

x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by tracey20 21st April 2011, 5:06 pm

I did hate my boobs for 25yrs because of their size, maybe she should look into counselling for her issues instead, if every woman wanted a boojob because of how unhappy they was, then our nhs resources are going to be stretched to the maximum ........

Good luck to her though :) xx
tracey20
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 21st April 2011, 10:24 pm

Hey I've just recieved funding for asymmetry and tubular breast and it took 10 months to actually get a 'yes' and then it's another 6 months (hopefully!) until I have my first surgery. Luckily I went before the funding cuts, as it was a long/hard enough process as it is, without all the shake up that is planned.

I hate to be negative, but it's not too likely that your friend will recieve funding, unless it's discovered that she has some kind of congintal abnormality (i.e. They discovered she had no breast tissue at all) due to all the cuts that are now going on.

Then again, if it's her only hope there's no harm in her visiting her GP and telling them exactly how it makes her feel/effect on confidence/social life etc, because you never know.

Good Luck! Xxx
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 31st May 2011, 8:03 pm

i hope she has success going down the NHS route, its sounds very selective and difficult. I dont think i would have the patience to wait either.
i wish her good luck! :flowers:
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by nosila 21st June 2011, 9:31 am

hi, i am new here!!! i have just received my letter for an outpatients appointment, i shouldnt be excited but i cannot help it. i recently had a bra fitting i have always been too embarrassed go cause of my size, i was a 32aaa the lady told me they do not sell bras in this size, My gp had much symphathy for me. i do hope they say yes!!!
nosila
nosila
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 21st June 2011, 9:55 am

With the way the NHS has been criticised recently, it's very unlikely you'll be able to have surgery unless you have an actual deformity of some kind, for example, severe asymmetry, tubular breasts or a medical condition such as never developing breast tissue.

You hear about people who have surgery on the NHS and usually they fall into the above categories. Just having small boobs and feeling sad about it probably won't be considered.

Also you have no choice over surgeon or size. They'll determine this for you.

If I was your friend I'd put aside money every week and save for it that way. She can then choose her surgeon and implant size herself.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza85 21st June 2011, 10:03 am

My friend has severe asymatry i mean 3 + cups sizes different she suffers severe depresion because of this and is extreamly self concieus. She went to her Gp who felt she qualified for a BA and put forward her case. She was refused !!!!!
kezza85
kezza85
BJSF Addict

http://www.decalz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney 21st June 2011, 10:13 am

It honestly is dependant on where you live, some areas are just not allowing any kind of BA where others (well up here in Scotland) are seeming to be alot more lenient(sp) just doesn't seem fair but its really based on where the money is i think!
Misty x
mistyhoney
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

How do you get implants on NHS? Empty hi ther just joined this site

Post by ang1609 21st June 2011, 3:19 pm

mistyhoney wrote:Hi there! if her GP agrees that she has a case then they will usually write a letter on her behalf to the surgeon ect,it took about 1-2months of waiting to hear back if my letter was successful. Then i had to wait for an appointment to be seen by the phsychologist which was about another 6 months...i couldn't really say exactly how long (and my experience might be different as im up in scotland) but i've had to wait 1 year twice as i've had 2 boys so all in all it would probably have taken around a year or so, then it all depends on the waiting list if she gets accepted, im hoping that after im seen in Aug '11 (thats because ive just had a baby this Aug so had to wait 1 yr to figure out my sizing) im hoping to have my surgery by Xmas '11 :)
it can be along wait but sooo worth it!
Misty x
hi ther i have just joined, i have made the plunge to make an appo with my doc to c what can be done regarding a ba. i have three kids aged 12 8 and had a baby last march, and breast fed all three of them and i have been left with no boobs now just saggy skin. i was down after having my second child because of my boobs but now iam really discusted with them so iam going along to the docs to c if anything can be done on the nhs. it would b st johns hospital that i would be reffered too just wondering what u wer asked and what size u r. and do they have a strict criteria aswell thanx angela xx
ang1609
ang1609
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney 21st June 2011, 3:30 pm

Hi angela! have you had your appointment with your doctor yet? when i went to see my doctor i just told her exactly how i felt, didn't hold back and she was really good and agreed after having a wee look under my top that something could be done but not to get too excited as they are very strict, it just went from there...
Took along time though its been over 3 years since i went to see my doctor. I wear a 34a but most of my bras don't fit properly and are still too big so i know im smaller than that, i now refuse to buy any new ones seeing as i'll be needing bigger bras soon!
Misty x
mistyhoney
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kezza85 21st June 2011, 3:51 pm

mistyhoney wrote:It honestly is dependant on where you live, some areas are just not allowing any kind of BA where others (well up here in Scotland) are seeming to be alot more lenient(sp) just doesn't seem fair but its really based on where the money is i think!
Misty x

Yeah unfortunatly in our area there money is going on gastric bands for the fat lazy people, maybe all not lazy but the 3 people I know who have been offered them on a plate are just pure lazy and do nothing to help them selves one in particular will happily eat a chinese meal enough for a family of 7 on her own. Sorry makes me angry !! I wish you girls all the best and hope you get the go ahead as unlike the fat lazys who could do something to help themselves us ladys with the boobie issues cannot x x x x x
kezza85
kezza85
BJSF Addict

http://www.decalz.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nosila 22nd June 2011, 7:08 am

you are absolutely right about the fat lazy people i totally agree with you there, women are supposted to have some king of breast in my case i only have nipple my breast tissue is extremely underdeveloped and as my date approaches to see the surgeon i am gettin very anxieous!!!! hoep all goes well good luck girls!!!
nosila
nosila
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down