Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holiday 5 weeks post BA?

+6
misf1
EmmaArden
nat4andy
sparkyleeds
Loobs
Salmac
10 posters

Go down

Holiday 5 weeks post BA? Empty Holiday 5 weeks post BA?

Post by Salmac 14th March 2012, 9:28 pm

Need some advice, I've been offered a new surgery date of 23/4, this is 5 weeks before I'm due to travel to Spain on a family holiday. My thoughts are this is probably not a good idea as I don't want to ruien everyone else's holiday. I have a 4 year old & a baby who'll be 9 months. Would I have to keep totally covered up & out of the sun, and I guess the pool would be a no go. What do you think?
Salmac
Salmac
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Holiday 5 weeks post BA? Empty Re: Holiday 5 weeks post BA?

Post by Loobs 14th March 2012, 9:31 pm

Hi Salmac,

My surgery is 19th April and I was going to have a sun holiday 4 weeks after but I have decided against it. Only because im unsure of how much pain I will still be in and I assume swimming would be out of the question. Maybe as your PCC or surgeon what they suggest. Might just be down to personal choice.

Hope this helps

Lauren x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 14th March 2012, 10:01 pm

Hi maybe not a good idea as i was told to wear a sports bra 24 7 for six weeks and it wont look too good under a suntop! Sorry to put a downer on your holiday!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 14th March 2012, 10:27 pm

Agree with sparkyleeds I was told to wear sportsbra 24/7 for first 8 weeks so I don't think you will be able to wear bikini. Ask your ps see what they think, every ps will say something different xxx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaArden 14th March 2012, 10:44 pm

Hi, I got told by transform that you have to wait 6 weeks to fly, i think its got something to do with the air pressure on the plane. Id deffo speak to your surgeon
xxx
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by Salmac 15th March 2012, 11:14 am

Thanks girls that's what I was thinking. Looks like I'll have to take a date after my hols. x
Salmac
Salmac
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 15th March 2012, 6:12 pm

You can fly in a plane there is no problem with pressure. The reason they say 6 weeks is early complications can happen within the first 6 weeks ie infections, heamatoma etc these need to be treated quickly and if you are far from your surgeon ie on holiday it can be quite difficult to get back to see him. Plus most insurance companies will not cover you, so if you needed treatment abroad you would have to pay. I don't know if you would need your surgeon or gp to sign something to say you are ok to fly or not. I'm not very clued up on it. You might have to wear a sports bra 24/7 you might not. You would have to ensure your scars are covered at all times as they can burn in the sun or through light clothing. Your skin will be very stretched and may burn easily, so it may be best to keep them covered. I doubt you would be in much pain by then, although you won't be able to lift anything heavy.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkdaisy2012 18th March 2012, 1:49 pm

Hello

Just reading everyones comments, i go away just 51/2 weeks to 6 weeks after i have mine done, i was told you can go on short distance flights such as spain etc straight away...but they dont recommend it as you need to check up after op, long flights 6 weeks not sure if this is right its what THG told me! xx
pinkdaisy2012
pinkdaisy2012
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 18th March 2012, 3:57 pm

i reckon as long as you don't have any complications and your PS clears you to fly nearer the date, and as long as you keep your boobs covered and don't go swimming or immerse your top half in the water you would be fine xx Remember you shouldn't really be lifting or carrying anything to heavy in the first 6 weeks or so, so cases and luggage etc etc may be an issue xx

The problem is if you can't go due to a complication of some sort you may end up missing the holiday and losing your money as you cannot foresee whether or not you are going to have problems xx

If I was you I would get them done after your holiday xx Just to be on the safe side, but it's up to you whether or not you want to take the risk xx

Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl 18th March 2012, 7:17 pm

By the time i go to Brazil on holiday ill be 6 weeks post op, it'll be a long haul flight but ill wear lovely compression sox to help against the DVT as that is the only reason they say to wait 6 weeks before any long haul flights. Im not planning on swimming and def not sunbathing much, just mooching round shops n going for dinner and sightseeing. No one has told me anything is wrong with it, and im certain ill be pain free by then too. Ill need to fly Glasgow to London 3 weeks post op for work, i didnt have any option!

I think little journeys to Spain would be no probs after 5 weeks xxxx If youre unsure you should check with your surgeon xxx
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 21st March 2012, 5:51 pm

Hi,

You can fly after the BA but definitely no sunbathing or swimming until at least 6 weeks afterwards. This is because the scars need to fully heal and close and you may risk infection.

I had to wear a sports bra day and night for six weeks after my BA and although I wasn't in pain, my boobs were still up under my chin so they wouldn't have looked right in a bikini!

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down