Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News on PIPs

+7
RoxyChick
nat4andy
welshvicci123
kay
roxanne
misf1
peggysue
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

News on PIPs  - Page 2 Empty Re: News on PIPs

Post by peggysue 12th January 2012, 7:59 pm

Louise are you saying woman should pay for there replacements....really???

The private clinics have a moral duty to help these women and the government should be ordering them to clean up there mess! but the Goverment who are the big bosses should be saying . These ladies brought GOODS in good faith, just like anything else you might buy. There are lots of opinions on plastic surgery, but none of us should put up with abuse for something we paid for in good faith.

Women are out there going through utter hell physically and mentally so lets hope the public has a bit more compassion in the future.

I can understand your view on putting money aside after ba but would you ever be expecting to have your breasts filled with mattress filler and then possibly develop cancer???
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 12th January 2012, 9:08 pm

The fact and the matter is the government, MRHA and the companies are all responsible, and all should take responsibility.

There were signs that these implants were inferior even before finding out they were filled with industrial silicone, and had high rupture rates. Many respected surgeons refused to use them years before the ban. But these companies ignored the warnings, and carried on using them to maximise profits at the expense of their patients. The companies should not have the moral obligation to pay, they should have the legal obligation to pay.

It is the government's job to make sure things like this don't happen. They must take responsibilty too. Had the industry been properly regulated this would have been prevented.

Implants are not lifetime devices, but nobody payed to have industrial silicone put in their bodies. This is a whole other thing, and you can't compare this to medical grade implants at all. Under no circumstances is this acceptable, this isn't a case of saying they're not a lifetime device. It is a case of fraud, and of serious crime. News on PIPs  - Page 2 221105

These women should not be paying a penny for any of this.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 12th January 2012, 9:12 pm

peggysue wrote:Louise are you saying woman should pay for there replacements....really???

The private clinics have a moral duty to help these women and the government should be ordering them to clean up there mess! but the Goverment who are the big bosses should be saying . These ladies brought GOODS in good faith, just like anything else you might buy. There are lots of opinions on plastic surgery, but none of us should put up with abuse for something we paid for in good faith.

Women are out there going through utter hell physically and mentally so lets hope the public has a bit more compassion in the future.

I can understand your view on putting money aside after ba but would you ever be expecting to have your breasts filled with mattress filler and then possibly develop cancer???

Peggysue, Im not saying the ladies should pay for the replacements of their implants at all. But I dont think it's up to the NHS to foot the bill either. Here's a bit of what I posted that I think you may have missed.

''The clinics that provided you with sub-standard care should be RECTIFYING AND COMPENSATING you for this, and more for the damage to your health! I know they are blaming the MHRA....but these clinics also have a responsibilty to ensure the products they are selling are of the best quality, and they didnt do that. Worse...they KNEW the rupture rate was higher and still continued. These surgeons also had a responsibility....I am a medical student and I already know that there is absolutely no way I would advise a patient to use a sub-standard product just beacuse it was cheaper. Even if a patient wanted these implants then I would not be happy fitting them and so I would not. It's too easy for the clinics to blame the MHRA''......I also went on to say...

''But again...I sincerely hope you ladies get some kind of compensation.''

So as you can see I fully support that ladies should have revisional surgery paid for by their providers, and not only this but I also believe some compensation is in order for such an ordeal, and being mis-sold a product (I also put this in my previous post).

Trust me, I get the emotional and physical ordeal. That point is obvious, and I stated in my post how sorry I am for the women going through this.

However, what I was saying is that it's too easy to just blame the government and expect the NHS to deal with the consequences. These clinics should be owning up of thier own accord and shouldn't need the government to force them into taking responsibility. It's digustingly cowardly of them. It's not the NHS's mess, and so they shouldn't neccessarily be the ones to clean it up.

Admittedly Im coming at this from a somewhat selfish standpoint being an NHS patient. But one statistic I have read states that it would take 80 surgeons a whole year to treat all the ladies with PIPS IF they dedicated the ENTIRETY of their surgical list to removing PIPS. Thats just not feasible. I personally am already at the end of an 18month wait, with probably another 6 months wait for my next surgery, and obviously im anxious regarding the impact that this will have. I also have a funny feeling that a lot of ladies will just not realise that they will have to wait this long, and so I am wandering how many of them will opt to have them removed privately anyways?

Once again, as I stated in my last post, Im sorry for all the woman who are currently going through this.
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 12th January 2012, 11:27 pm

Point made and understood I appoligise for reading your post blind and being so quick to judge :flowers:
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise91 13th January 2012, 1:47 am

Don't worry peggysue! It's obviously a horibble and anxious time for a lot of women, and so there are bound to be a lot of passionate beliefs about the issue.

At the end of the day it should never have happened in the first place, but unfortunately I don't think the 'blame', and therefore the correct response, will ever be settled adequately.
Louise91
Louise91
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 13th January 2012, 7:03 am

I think your right! x
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann Povall 13th January 2012, 11:53 am

Hey All,

Update: I have now phoned my GP as I went last year with swollen lymph nodes & glands in my right armpit, an ultrasound was carried out and I am now more worried cos of pips and also still swollen. They think that they have a protocol being faxed through to say that the GP's are to refer them back to their surgeon, however Transform now want me to pay them £110 for an ultrasound!!! If when I see my GP nxt Frid he says this I will be stating that I will be going to the PCT, the omburdsman and the press as the NHS have a duty of care towards me and should be referring me if I am concerned, regardless of my pips. Also the Government have stated that all women with pips should have ultrasounds within 6 months, does that mean that the NHS will do or does everyone have to possibly pay for the privilage just to check that they are ok??????? Still waiting for solicitors to come back to me :(

Ann xxx
Ann Povall
Ann Povall
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Ann Povall 16th January 2012, 12:21 pm

Hey All,

Solicitors have contacted me and are sending me an information pack with regards to taking legal action against my clinic. I have noticed that there are now more private clinics offering to replace the implants for free now, so maybe more will follow...... here's hoping!

Ann xxx
Ann Povall
Ann Povall
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 16th January 2012, 2:55 pm

Hope you get sorted as soon as must b soo worrying xxx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict