Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French advising all women with PIPs to remove

+5
momojack
AmyD
misf1
saffronair
Sunny123
9 posters

Go down

French advising all women with PIPs to remove Empty French advising all women with PIPs to remove

Post by Sunny123 20th December 2011, 7:01 pm

Hi girls,

Not been on here for a while after having my pips replced in Feb. Ive seen on the news today that the french government have adviced all french women with pips to have them removed urgently.

Im a bit freaked out by this as still have some silicone left in me in my lymph nodes..

Sunny xx
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

French advising all women with PIPs to remove Empty Re: French advising all women with PIPs to remove

Post by saffronair 22nd December 2011, 8:22 pm

It's been all over the news!!! I just had the all clear with my ultrasound and I was going to save up for about a year to get them replaced - this has made me a bit worried even though my surgeon said my PIP implants are in good condition after 3 years! I know the MHRA said not to panic...but if France does tell women (which they have not done yet officially until tomorrow) there with PIPs to get them taken out I might try and see if I can get them done as soon as I can which might be about 4 months :/!!!
saffronair
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

French advising all women with PIPs to remove Empty Re: French advising all women with PIPs to remove

Post by Sunny123 23rd December 2011, 9:13 am

Scary isn't it....I've had mine removed - both sides had ruptured...
What really scares me is the fact if they've ruptured it's impossible to get it all out & it captures in the lymph nodes. I've got a chunk of silicone in mu right lymph node & am really scared it could br cancerous & I'm a time bomb.

Like u I know the uk have said it's not cancerous but why would the French say get them removed if they're not concerned there us a link?

I've been so upset about it.
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 23rd December 2011, 10:23 am

My guess is the mrha are worried that it will cause disruptions in the nhs as they would have to allow people to have them removed (not replaced) due to possible cancer risks.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 23rd December 2011, 11:33 am

oh my gosh... sunny and saffronair, i really feel for you, what a nightmare.... i really do wish you both the best of luck in getting this sorted. Keep us updated, big hugs to you both.... Hug xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by momojack 23rd December 2011, 1:11 pm

I do think that this country should take the same action as the French and remove them all... It is clear that they are sub standard and that should be enough!!
Hope you get the problem sorted out quickly xxxx
momojack
momojack
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimxx 23rd December 2011, 1:32 pm

Hi I am new to posting here. I to have the pip implants. I have had some problems with them swollen lynph nodes etc I have seeked legal advice as many have and I am due to have mine replaced in January. I think the way the goverment is treating us is disgusting the implants are dangerous otherwise I am sure France would not be putting so much money into helping the all the women with them. They had not even been tested in humans the silicone is matteress filler!! I think we should all fight our corner to be treated right this is a health scare to all who have them in. It has made me so angry that they are not treating this seriously. To be honest if we all make a big deal out of the way we are being treated compared to france they have to do something!!
Kimxx
Kimxx
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 23rd December 2011, 4:31 pm

I'm so sorry for those of you going through this French advising all women with PIPs to remove 571992 .

The UK is definately playing down the matter, it comes down to not wanting to pay for the removals by the NHS, ultimately by the tax payer. True, it's a nonessential cosmetic elective surgery for most. A lot of people would argue NHS shouldn't have to pick up the bill for something like this. This is missing the point, the women were completely mislead, they did not pay to have this inferior product that's not medical grade to be inserted into their bodies. In this case women should be given the option to have them removed on the NHS.

People smoke, are overweight and drink too much and expect the NHS to treat them when they get sick even though we are all aware these are things that increase your likelihood of being sick. What, should we start turning them away based on the fact that it was their lifestyle choice?

I think we need to keep this into perspective and demand that this be dealt with like they are doing in France. Ultimately the manufacturer is responsilbe, and should be punished by law, but the government approved the product and did not keep a close check on it. Their regulatory standards failed.

Also, though I do agree that the UK is playing down the matter (I wouldn't believe anything Lansley says), I don't necessarily agree that the PIPs directly cause cancer, this needs to be proven, in this sense I agree that there is no need to panic. But it's best to take precautionary measure, this product was wrongly sold, it is fraud. When people eat faulty food products contaminated with dangerous bacteria the NHS treats them. I don't see the difference other than the cost, which is what it comes down to.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny123 23rd December 2011, 7:37 pm

I agree the UK should be giving us more support. But for me the scare isn't the cost if removal... Obviously this is a worry... But not as much as the rumours & cancer risk fears. I just want reassurance I have no increased rusk of cancer. That thought has had me in tears.. And the financial aspect is insignificant to my health.
I'm just having to tell myself now that the French and uk government wouldn't say there was a no risk if there was a risk. And that's making me feel better. I just want to know I'm not sitting on a time bomb.
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 23rd December 2011, 8:13 pm

There hasn't been any confirmed evidence that PIPs cause cancer. There is a risk of cancer with or without implants. I have two cases of breast cancer at a fairly young age in my family, neither are those with implants. Most reported cancer cases of the women with PIPs are breast cancer. And the lymphoma cancer that was reported is extremely rare. It would not be prudent to blame these unfortunate cases on the PIPs without further study. The French are taking the precautionary approach, women have been given a choice to have their implants removed even though there has been no direct link made between the two. The UK is right in reassuring the public not to panic as there is no proven link though I don't think their motives are out of goodwill, I think it's for cost saving purposes, this is why they are donwplaying the matter.

I think women should be given the choice to remove them because they were missold a product, this is even more serious because of the nature of the product, ie. a medical product implanted into the body. I think it would be prudent to have a breast screening to check for ruptures, and personally I would want to have the PIPs explanted. But I wouldn't say women are sitting on a ticking time bomb, there is no proof at the moment, the papers and news have a way of making the public panic without giving out all the information.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 24th December 2011, 9:08 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16324216

now the french government want the guy responsible arrested.

Quite bloody right too
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 24th December 2011, 9:14 am

There's no doubt he should be arrested, he needs to be held responsible for this, this is a serious crime.

He's not the only one responsible, he's certainly not the only one aware of what was happening, all those knowingly involved should be held responsible. I know it's easier said than done to prove who was involved, but there needs to be an inquiry.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by saffronair 24th December 2011, 11:22 am

roxanne wrote: I think women should be given the choice to remove them because they were missold a product, this is even more serious because of the nature of the product, ie. a medical product implanted into the body. I think it would be prudent to have a breast screening to check for ruptures, and personally I would want to have the PIPs explanted. But I wouldn't say women are sitting on a ticking time bomb, there is no proof at the moment, the papers and news have a way of making the public panic without giving out all the information.

Agreed, the places where we had the surgery should be footing the bill for our scans - I had to pay for mine privately because I was worried - but this was a few weeks before everything started in the news.

I think the way it has been reported has sensationalized it and created so much panic when there wasn't even a link to cancer. It's good that we know whats going on but some newspapers/websites especially tabloids I specifically do not read because of how they report on news.

Needless to say I am now still worried and I am going to get mine changed in a few months when I have enough money....
saffronair
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 31st December 2011, 5:23 pm

Girls, I highly recommend you keep up to date with BAAPS and their press releases. Remember, a lot of what's reported in the media will be sensationalised. You want to speak to the clinic who had surgery through and find out what they're planning on doing based on the new evidence that's come to light.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down