Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to expect?

+5
Smallblue
becki_1990
Jojo6
Bubs
*Laura*
9 posters

Go down

What to expect? Empty What to expect?

Post by *Laura* 1st December 2011, 9:36 pm

Hi Girls

My surgery is on Monday, I am having unders and wondered if you would be able to let me know your experiences after your surgery so I know what to expect - From the moment you woke up, to travelling home, to your first week, second week and so on.

Hints and tips would be great too.

*Laura*
*Laura*
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

What to expect? Empty Re: What to expect?

Post by Bubs 1st December 2011, 9:49 pm

Would love to know too! Mines thurs and every bit of info is so helpful xx
Bubs
Bubs
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 1st December 2011, 9:51 pm

Hi Laura,

Good luck for your Op on Monday! Firstly I found it to be so much more straightforward than I expected. The Op itself was very easy. I was soooo nervous about the GA, as I had never had one before. I walked to theatre, laid down on the bed and it was all very quick - the anetheatist told me I'd feel sleepy and Bam I was awake!!

In recovery I remember talking dribble to the kind nurse & feeling so happy like I was drunk! After that I just slept! The following few days at home were a bit painful but nothing that couldn't be managed without painkillers. Day 2 I found particularly hard, quite teary (prob from the GA) & also the co-codomol made me sick. But from day 4 onwards I felt better each day. The pain is just like you've had a major work out & pulled all your muscles in the top half of your body. It just means you may struggle to do things like lift your arms up, put a top on over your head, opening doors etc. but after a week or so this gradually gets better!

By week two I was doing things normally! I would say that by week 4 all the pain was gone totally. It is so worth it though hun!!!!!

Any tips..... Make sure everything you might need in the days post op are within reach. Gets lots of rest, drink loads of water.... Oh & Senakot max a defo!!!! Lol xxx

xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 1st December 2011, 9:54 pm

Oh and travelling home I did hold the seatbelt in front of me all the way, but have heard some people use a pillow infront of them! I told my sister to drive very slowly, especially over the road bumps!!! Lol xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by becki_1990 1st December 2011, 9:58 pm

hey hun im nearly 3 weeks po now and also had unders :) as soon as i woke up i was absolutley fine starving hungry infact no sickness just a bit tired. wasnt in pain when i came around just very stiff but managed to get up an go to the toilet on my own ! i stayed overnight and the 2 hour drive back was fine ! went home then went out for sunday dinner !! i couldnt really do much for myself after this though ... hard to get yourself up and open doors etc... my boyfried helped me shower for about 3 days (i nearly passed out everytime i took off my bra lol) managed to be able to do all this on my own by day 4 .... stopped my pain meds on day 3 then only had the odd ache .... dont really have any tips other than do as little as possible for a few days and you will be fine :) oh and i was driving by day 6 ... was quite hard to put in gear 5 and reverse lol ... good luck sorry for going on !!

xxx
becki_1990
becki_1990
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by becki_1990 1st December 2011, 10:01 pm

jojo i used the pillow infront of my seatbelt and my v pillow behind !! and my pain has totally gone .... no pain at all since about day 8 ... and a YES to the senekot max !!

xxx
becki_1990
becki_1990
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue 1st December 2011, 10:03 pm

Hi Laura! Wow I was thinking of you today. How exciting. Good luck x
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by *Laura* 1st December 2011, 10:27 pm

Hi Guys

Thanks for that, very helpful and comforting as well to know I shouldn't be in too much pain.

Senekot, doesn't that relieve constapation?? Am I going to be bloated and uncomfortable for days? lol
*Laura*
*Laura*
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by becki_1990 2nd December 2011, 12:21 am

Well I think most of us on here were constipated for a few days to say the least !! It's the effects from the general anasthetic .... At day 4 I looked about 12 months pregnant !! And I'm not joking !! Thats when I got to the point of taking senekot max ..... I would take the senekot as soon as you can to try and avoid the bloating and constipation !!

xxx
becki_1990
becki_1990
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 703b7 2nd December 2011, 2:03 pm

Hi Laura,

We're on the same day then - wahoo! What to expect? 899188

other things i have learned is to put everything you need at elbow height, i've got my jumpers down from my wardrobe this pm and moved make up and toothbrush and everything i can think of to elbow height.

taking a bath without help is not really possible - there was talk of some lovely ladies "turtle-ing" in the bath unable to get out!! just make sure someone is with you.

v pillow for sleeping as you have to sleep sitting up for a while.

good luck hun

xx
703b7
703b7
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 179

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 2nd December 2011, 2:37 pm

Hi Laura,i was fine when i walked down to the theatre,i got on the bed and was chatting to the nurses then just said oh i fel abit light headed,then i was waking up again all done !,it was that quick !,slept on an off all day no sicknes but very hungry!,stayed overnight had sunday dinner then went home!The hospital gave me strong painkillers to take home and a bottle of lactulose solution for constipation which i had to take from day 1,must admit was going from day 2 so it worked very well!Must say ive been quite uncomfortable but i think maybe that has to do with my age (51),but its getting a lot better now,my hubby had the weekend and 2 days off work with me,then left everything on the worktops,tea coffee biscuites ect so things were easy to reach,also still sleeping on a few pillows and my V pillow(i love it!)i sit with it when watching tv! I go for my stitches out next weds so i think i will be more comfy then as the dressings are pulling on my skin a bit but i dar,nt take them off !!! I hope you have a lovely day and enjoy the experiance !xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 2nd December 2011, 5:04 pm

Hey sweetie - first of all GOOD LUCK and enjoy this is such an amazing experience!
Things to warn you about:
1) constipation - yes you will have it and it's gross and uncomfortable but passes in a few days - take something strong for it
2) hard to take a deep breath - for about 2-4 days it feels like someone is kneeling on your chest. similar to bronchitis where you can't take a deep breath? it's really not all that bad but something to be prepared for - then it's gone!!
3) buy frozen peas!!! They're loads better than any other ice pack b/c peas are so little and light and they mould all around your breast I LIVED under bags of frozen peas for 3 weeks and took no painkillers just numbed myself up!
4) BEST ADVICE - pretend that your elbows are stuck at your sides. you can move your hands, forearms, lift things up, etc, but if you pretend your elbows are stuck at your sides you won't engage the pec muscles that were just traumatized and it will ne LOADS easier recovery.
5) start walking the next day - just gently - around your flat at first - I was back at work day 4 (with unders) and I think the best thing for me was getting the circulation going
6) WATER - literally drink gallons - it will wash out the GA which will help prevent boobie blues, help with constipation, and help with healing

xxxxxWhat to expect? 321562
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by kara 2nd December 2011, 6:04 pm

great topic Laura and great feedback! found this very useful info for myself too. Good luck for Monday! What to expect? 154564
kara
kara
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by *Laura* 3rd December 2011, 1:34 pm

Hi girls.

Thanks so much for all your posts, I really appreciate it. You have been loads of help and I shouldn't be so scared/worried about things now.

Keep them coming though, as everyone has different experiences and all will be very much appreciated.

And good luck to everyone else who's surgery is coming up! :-) x
*Laura*
*Laura*
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down