Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not very happy about the Doctor doing surgery. :(

+3
dawnmids
Lauren87
Brenda1980
7 posters

Go down

Not very happy about the Doctor doing surgery. :( Empty Not very happy about the Doctor doing surgery. :(

Post by Brenda1980 14th September 2011, 11:38 am

My surgery is in two weeks. I will b getting 451cc silicone. I'm a 36B now. I have researched so much already so you can say im alittle prepared. I am scared, but definetly ready. The only.concern I have is that I chose to not have a lift. My Dr said i was borderline and may not need it. That he would rather wait and see how they settle in. I just hope they don't look bad. Also, my right is bigger than my left and he said I could not have 2 different sizes, and yet, I've read of so many people having different on each. I'm not too happy about my doctor but I was recommended to him for his nice work. It's already paid for so I feel like I have no choice now, but not happy with him. Asked him his opinion about the size and he said "its up to you." Really????? I wanted his opinion who u think would know more and be able to help!!!! Ugh...... Just pray that they look good. Also I'm 5'0 165 lbs and I hope it doesn't make me look fatter. :( I will b dieting though, but in the meantime I don't wanna look fatter than I already am.
Brenda1980
Brenda1980
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Not very happy about the Doctor doing surgery. :( Empty Re: Not very happy about the Doctor doing surgery. :(

Post by Lauren87 14th September 2011, 11:48 am

Hi sorry to hear you feel like this. Is your doctor part of a clinic/company maybe you could have a different surgeon at the clinic if so. My right boob was smaller and I've had a bigger implant in that as my surgeon recommended. Is there a visibly noticeable size difference? If not then I wouldn't have different sizes. Sorry im not much help but I definitely tell your doctors your not happy you've paid alot of money the least they could do is offer their advice.
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 571

Back to top Go down

Not very happy about the Doctor doing surgery. :( Empty Re: Not very happy about the Doctor doing surgery. :(

Post by dawnmids 14th September 2011, 12:18 pm

hi mine was different sizes and saggy and i was just above borderline for uplift, he said i dont need it, i thought i did, and now they are settling boobs not actually very saggy now
dawnmids
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

https://www.facebook.com/Dawn.T.Richards

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 14th September 2011, 12:25 pm

Brenda,

Just from reading on here, I'd be cautious how much you put into the hands of your doctor without being explicit. That being said, my doctor said my leftie was smaller than rightie initially, but once he got in there the size wasn't different enough to warrant 2 different sized implants. As for the lift, that's really his decision - I would bring in 3-5 pictures of what you want your breasts to look like. Nipple position, size, etc. Tell him that's what you want - THEN make him tell you if you need a lift to achieve that look. I frankly didn't care where my nipples pointed as long as it wasn't down! Slightly outward or straight ahead didn't bother me.

It is important to tell him you are asking for his professional medical opinion. That way, if by some terrible chance you don't get the breasts you want, you can say that he advised you against a lift and maybe he'll fix you up for free or at least cheaper.

Best case, you won't need one at all!

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by lou231179 14th September 2011, 4:32 pm

I would definitely push him for more information than he has given you. My surgeon was very specific on whether or not I needed a lift and also the biggest implant I should have. He also sees everyone at least twice before operating. He wouldn't say which size I should go for as that had to be my decision but he did advise me on what sizes would give me the effect I wanted and and said he would order a size up and a size down in case when he did the op the implant I chose wasn't going to do what I wanted it to do. It was very reassuring.

I have read on here that some surgeons ask the girls to confirm the size they want on the day which must be very stressful. Try and go back to see him or another consultant for sure! It is a lot of money to pay if you don't get the boobs you dream of!! xx
lou231179
lou231179
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 173

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda1980 15th September 2011, 1:54 am

Thank you all for your feedback. Yeah, he's part of a clinic, but the other doctor only does facial cosmetics. He did tell me that I really don't need the lift if I'm ok with nipples being lower and not as high. He said that 421cc would be good to fill them up. It was just when I wanted his opinion about doing 451cc. Alls he said was that it wasnt much of a difference and it was my choice. I didn't ask too many questions because like I said, all I do day in and day out is read a lot about all this. I'm Hoping they aren't too big either. I had my pre-op yest and ready for the 29th. And no, there's not much difference between my breasts. Guess, probably why he won't do two different sizes.
Brenda1980
Brenda1980
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda1980 15th September 2011, 1:56 am

Thank you all for your feedback. Yeah, he's part of a clinic, but the other doctor only does facial cosmetics. He did tell me that I really don't need the lift if I'm ok with nipples being lower and not as high. He said that 421cc would be good to fill them up. It was just when I wanted his opinion about doing 451cc. Alls he said was that it wasnt much of a difference and it was my choice. I didn't ask too many questions because like I said, all I do day in and day out is read a lot about all this. I'm Hoping they aren't too big either. I had my pre-op yest and ready for the 29th. And no, there's not much difference between my breasts. Guess, probably why he won't do two different sizes.
Brenda1980
Brenda1980
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 15th September 2011, 2:24 am

Yeah, if you're only talking about 25-30cc difference, the reason he's probably saying it's up to you is pretty much for that exact reason - it's up to you!! Maybe he could articulate better, but he probably means that your skin will stretch enough to allow it, and it wouldn't compromise hugely on your desired outcome - because it's only a little bit bigger - so if you want it, he'd be happy to do it!

You'll read stories from some girls on here whose surgeons have told them 'no' when it comes to go a bit bigger, and it's usually because the implant literally couldn't fit! So if you can fit it, then it's up to you if you want it.

A lot of girls seem to go about 25cc bigger than the biggest sample implant they liked the look of, because once it's inside you it tends to look a bit smaller (probably because it's not being smooshed into a bra on top of your existing boob!).

Apart from volume, what kind of implant are you looking at? Round? Anatomical? What profile - low, mod, mod+, HP? All that makes a difference as well...

You still have a couple weeks - is there any chance you could have another consult with him prior to discuss things a bit further? You really shouldn't do this unless your really comfortable and confident in your surgeon. I had 2 consults with my PS - 1 to discuss what I wanted, what he recommended and for him to give me to low down on how it all works, then I went back a few weeks ago to re-discuss what I wanted, for him to re-measure and confirm his recommendation, but most importantly the first, and last thing he did (yep, he did it twice!) was sit down as say "So, do you have some questions for me?" and then answered every stupid little paranoid question I had - not only answer, but explain WHY the answer was what it was. And we'll probably do it again on the day of surgery!

Try an see if you can run your questions past him again, hun. This whole process is scary and stressful enough without being scared that you'll be butchered! You have the time, so do it to put your mind at ease.

xx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda1980 15th September 2011, 6:40 am

That sounds good! It's a round silicone moderate profile. I need to stop looking at so many pictures because now I'm thinking that 457cc might even be too small now.
Brenda1980
Brenda1980
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 15th September 2011, 7:10 am

Ha, yeah, I know what you mean! The more time I spend on here, the more I think I want to go bigger! But at the end of the day, I don't want to look ridiculous! I want to look proportionate and natural... and my PS knows that, so I'm trusting him to know more about what implant will achieve what result that I do!
x
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brenda1980 15th September 2011, 8:13 am

See, that's the thing! I don't think he REALLY knows what I want. Just that I don't want to be too big. But I never told him I don't want to be small either. I'm freaking out. I don't know whether to call and send him the picture I wanted to show him but never did. See, when I went to my pre-op appt it was known to me that that is when he will "order" the implants. So I need to know NOW because I can't change my mind the day of. Cause then he won't have it!!! I don't know. I don't know. I want a FULL D, and I don't know if 457cc under, will accomplish that. :(
Brenda1980
Brenda1980
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 15th September 2011, 8:31 am

Just make contact, hun. You're paying too much money to go ahead with something like this without feeling confident you're going to get what you want. Email him the picture and talk to him on the phone if nothing else! Do it a soon as possible, because you can't leave it till the day, and you don't want to wake up disappointed.

You're not being paranoid, this is a big freakin deal!! Make sure your happy with what you are going to get!
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 15th September 2011, 8:39 am

If I were you I wouldn't use him xx You really don't seem very sure of this PS xx and he does not seem to be very sure about what you want xx Nor does he seem to advising you very well xx It sounds like he is doing an awful lot of shoulder shrugging shrug xx I would feel very nervous if I was in his hands xx

It's a lot of money, time and energy to get all this wrong xx The last thing you want to be doing is still sorting it out with MORE surgery over the next 2 / 3 years.

I would postpone and go to someone else for a consult and see what they say about a lift xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down