Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 week away but no idea what im having done..

+10
sarahdawn31
PoppyBee
COOKIE
RoxyChick
Emme-Kate
tASHABASHA_1986
misf1
Rach26
rachemsi
jessica88
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1 week away but no idea what im having done.. Empty 1 week away but no idea what im having done..

Post by jessica88 24th July 2011, 7:32 pm

so i'm a week away from my BA on the NHS and i've no idea what theyre doing to me. first i said i don't want more than a B cup because clothes are important to me and i don't like huge boobs anyway. my surgeon said i should go to C cup but i said no and it was kind of forgotten and next thing i know my op is next week and i'm having some kinda op first to stretch my skin where theyll make me a size bigger then 6 weeks later ill have proper implants.

it all happened really quickly. i went to the doctor. then the surgeon. then my gp applied for funding and a week later i got a voicemail saying funding accepted and to go back to my surgeon. she then said theres a 4 month waiting list. but then i got a phone call saying come in for your pre-op next week we can fit you in in a couple of weeks.

i hav kind of A/B cups but a bit tubular. im happy with the size if they were just lifted and areola reduced but i know thats not what im getting. i don't know what kind of incision ill be having either. because i thought i would be waiting 4 months - she said i'll be in to see her again before hand but then obviously it got brought forward so quickly, i had only my pre-op with a nurse asking the general medical history questions. do you think ill get a quick word with her before i go under next week??
jessica88
jessica88
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

1 week away but no idea what im having done.. Empty Re: 1 week away but no idea what im having done..

Post by rachemsi 25th July 2011, 6:50 am

Hi hun, have they given you a ward number? or the PS secretarys number, i was in a similar situation and i rang the number for some more advice on size etc. I had my BA on NHS 7 days ago and i have to be honest i still didnt really know what i was having done untill the day of surgery although the surgeon talked it through with me before and offerred me 2 different implant sizes.

I def think you need to ring and get some clarity on the situation, let me know how you get on

rachemsi xx
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

1 week away but no idea what im having done.. Empty Re: 1 week away but no idea what im having done..

Post by jessica88 25th July 2011, 2:49 pm

i have the secretarys number and name of the ward. i could ring the secretary but i'm a bit scared of my surgeon ha she might not be happy with me contacting her. i think it was your diary i read in a different part of the forum and you said about your surgeon drawing on you before the op. i can probably get a word in with her then!

i;ve also been reading other posts and i'm quite shocked at how quickly i got my BA and didn't have to have any kind of psychoanalysis. i actually love my boobs in a bra and clothes its just without, i hate them. which is why i'm so concerned about going much bigger!

i figured though if theyre too big and i don't like them, theyre free - and i can save up and get them reduced in a couple of years if i'm not happy
jessica88
jessica88
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jessica88 25th July 2011, 2:53 pm

oh, she also said something which worried me 'it might look like you have your boobs on top of the implants depending on how they take' or something like that. but that its just temporary until you get the real implants
jessica88
jessica88
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach26 25th July 2011, 4:44 pm

jessica88 wrote:i hav kind of A/B cups but a bit tubular. im happy with the size if they were just lifted and areola reduced but i know thats not what im getting.

jessica88 wrote:I figured though if theyre too big and i don't like them, theyre free - and i can save up and get them reduced in a couple of years if i'm not happy

ariaangie wrote:ha, why didn't you save up in the first place to get exactly what you wanted with a surgeon of your choice then? confused, and surprised really at that comment - I thought NHS referrals were for people who really could not afford it in any way?

ariaangie I was thinking the exact same thing.

jessica - BA's on the NHS are for people who have a serious problem with their boobs (ie really bad tuberous breasts, really bad asymmetry, not developed at all etc). You have said that yours are a bit tubular - which in my mind is not really grounds for an NHS funded op anyway - and then you said that you are happy with the size and wanted a lift and areola reduction but that isn't what you are getting and that you are only getting implants. I hate to tell you hun, but implants alone won't cure tubular breasts and you will need a lift. I know, I have tubular breasts too and I've had it explained to me by various surgeons. If you know that you are only getting implants and not what you actually want then why are you actually having the surgery?? Especially when someone else with a worse problem could benefit from the funding!!! Also you say that if you don't like the size then you'll save up to get a re-op - so why not save up in the first place to get the lift and areola reduction that you actually want, instead of having an op that you don't really want simply because it is free???

I'm sorry if what I have said offends you hun, it is just my view, but I thinks it is a bit silly to have an op you don't want and not get what you do want simply cos it's free, and it's selfish because another lady could use your funding money to correct her problem with an op she actually does want.
Rach26
Rach26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1316

http://markowenunofficial.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 25th July 2011, 4:46 pm

Try not to worry hun, your NHS surgeon will speak to you before you go under GA. As for whether you get a say, you might. But they really are just going to put right what they feel is wrong. It probably feels a bit rushed for you at the moment and it is scary going for an op. It's your body hun and you dont have to trust them. If you feel they are going to give you something you dont want, it may be worth having it done privately so you can have exactly what you want. Or it could just be you have pre op nerves.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tASHABASHA_1986 25th July 2011, 5:06 pm

Hun, i wouldnt worry to much, i would just sit down and write a few question down, if you can contact the ward before hand and have a chat, try that. I am sure your surgeon will come and see you before hand and discuss everything babes. xx
tASHABASHA_1986
tASHABASHA_1986
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by jessica88 25th July 2011, 7:04 pm

i've kind of realised that just by lifting them they would actually be super flat so i do need implants. she said at first about a lift but then said i wouldn't need one....i think....actually i don't know, maybe ill get one on the second op after the stretch. ahhh i don't know. ill find out tuesday.

with regards to other people wanting them etc and wasting funding etc, i didn't realise how difficult it was for people to get them until i read threads here. i went to the doctor to ask about it because it does effect my relationships etc, no boy has ever seen me braless.

she seemed pretty confident that i will be happy with them so i will trust her...
jessica88
jessica88
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach26 25th July 2011, 7:44 pm

Ok hunnie. Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to. It was just some of the things you were saying seemed a bit odd/off!!!

I really do wish you luck with everything on Tuesday. Fingers crossed that you do get exactly what you want. Let us know how you get on xx
Rach26
Rach26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1316

http://markowenunofficial.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jessica88 2nd August 2011, 1:07 am

well i have to be at the hospital for 7am. decided im not going to sleep tonight as id have to get up at 5 and i never go to sleep before 6am anyway so wont happen (i work in a restaurant so have a messed up sleeping pattern) just finished a cup of coffee with cream at 2:01am so nothing now but clear liquids. went out for a meal with some friends tonight. had half a bottle of wine but itll all be out of my system by surgery.

annoyed that i have to be in at 7am. can guarantee i wont actually have the op until the afternoon. im sure ill be looking for to the sleep though!

4 week sick note off the doctor! happy days!

hoping the hospital have wifi and that im capable enough to go to the marks and spencers located on site to buy some low carb food so i dont have to eat hospital stuff. bought 3 protein shots from holland and barratt too for some post op care.

even though ive said all along i dont want big boobs....im feeling now i want massive ones ha
jessica88
jessica88
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 2nd August 2011, 2:07 am

You seem to have taken this surgery very lightly.Alcohol is a blood thinner.Most surgeons tell you to stop comsuming it 2 weeks before and two weeks after your surgery.

Good luck to you!
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd August 2011, 4:26 pm

Didn't you have any pre op instructions, for any op I've had I was not allowed to drink alcohol, eat garlic, take pain killers or any other type of pill even herbal for 2 weeks prior to the op. I was also not allowed to drink anything for 6 hours before my op, not even water and was not allowed to eat anything for 12 hours.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 2nd August 2011, 7:34 pm

WOW!That is craziness.I wonder who her doctor is.I was the same as you misf1,I wasn't allowed anything like that at all.Not even vitamins or herb tea.I honestly don't believe a surgeon would risk his/her reputation by not giving out instructions.Maybe her post is a bad joke?Tubal correction is serious stuff and requires a lot of incisions and stitches even if it is "slight" as she said.

I don't mean to offfend,I just can't understand how someone can be in the dark about these things going into surgery.Or worse,to think a surgeon who doesn't make sure their patient isn't aware of the danger of eating and drinking before going under GA for 3 to 5 hours for a lift and implants?
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by tASHABASHA_1986 2nd August 2011, 7:41 pm

I had post op yesterday and was told not to drink any alcohol 2 weeks before and had to stop taking all my vitamins, and herbal remedy two weeks before too, but ive stopped now to be on the safe side?

Jessica what hospital are you having it done at hun. Hope it all has gone well today tho. xx
tASHABASHA_1986
tASHABASHA_1986
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by jessica88 5th August 2011, 8:48 pm

im back!

honestly, nothing was mentioned about alcohol. they asked if i smoked and i said socially and they said dont smoke again before the op which was 2 weeks before my op. in the morning before i went under i got asked so many questions by so many different people and nothing was asked about alcohol. and you only need to not eat or drink 6-8hrs before hand and clear liquids 2hrs before hand - the whole 12hr thing is a myth.

got out of hospital this morning i had to stay in because i kept producing too much fluid. they said you have to give less than 30ml a day on each boob before they let you go but this morning i had given 100 and a 70 and they let me go. quite loving them except it will be better when i have the next op for nipple movement. my surgeon has done way better than i thought she could have. and i had such a fun 3 days in hospital with some other girls on my ward who were getting a reduction.

my right boob keeps vibrating randomly and the swelling hasnt gone down like it has on the left one - but i go back on tues for dressing changes so ill see how it is then.
jessica88
jessica88
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jessica88 5th August 2011, 8:50 pm

actually sorry, to add - in my pre-op they asked how many units i drink on average a week and i said 20-30 and then she she just moved onto the next question
jessica88
jessica88
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 6th August 2011, 3:59 pm

I have to say, you've been so reckless with this.

Apologies if I offend you in any way, but to not know ANYTHING that's happening to you, to make comments like 'at least they're free' and to drink half a bottle of wine before a MAJOR operation is not only insensitive to women on here who have massive psychological issues with their bodies and have been refused surgery, but absolutely idiotic. YOU COULD HAVE DIED. People die in surgery every day. This isn't like having a fake tan or manicure. The fact you've taken this so lightly shows either complete recklessness, naivety or stupidity.

I sincerely hope you have no problems with your surgery and everything heals ok for you and that if not you manage to 'save up' to get the boobs you want.

Girls, you want an example of what not to do? This is it.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jessica88 9th August 2011, 7:51 pm

after seeing embarrassing bodies and someone getting their tubular boobs sorted on the NHS i decided to go and see my doctor.

i am not ashamed that i have got them for free and i feel the cost of implants is a cost that most people can afford with a loan or by saving for a couple of years. i have earned enough to pay tax and more importantly national insurance since the day i turned 16 every week/month even whilst still at school/college/uni and i have never claimed any type of benefit - therefore i do not feel guilty that this whole process has been so easy for me compared to what others have experienced. i have not had to undergo psychological assessment but i have had issues since puberty with my boobs and no one has ever seen them/knew my issue with them so as not to raise any questions about it. i did not even tell my mum about having surgery until a few days before.

yes i drank half a bottle of wine the night before - yes it was probably stupid. but yes i was also a touch terrified and it calmed me down and i had a nice evening with my friends the night before when out for dinner.

alcohol leaves your body at a unit an hour and half a bottle of wine had 16hrs to leave my body.
jessica88
jessica88
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 9th August 2011, 9:12 pm

So you know better than the myriad of surgeons who tell people not to drink alcohol before their surgery date? Tell me, what surgeon's college did you train at? Can you prove those facts with current scientific studies? Can you find one surgeon who agrees that drinking alcohol the night of your surgery is a good idea?

My opinion stands and your blasé attitude actually sickens me
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by jessica88 9th August 2011, 10:47 pm

my surgeon only said not to smoke. as well as the nurse on the pre-op.

bupa also do not advise not to drink alcohol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but whatever, i know i was stupid and i shouldnt have done it and when i get my next op in a couple of months i wont be doing it again.
jessica88
jessica88
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th August 2011, 10:49 pm

You have to have another op?
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th August 2011, 10:54 pm

I think she's having expanders in first misf1 then her implants in at a later date after the skin has been given some time to stretch. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

Back to top Go down

Post by jessica88 9th August 2011, 10:59 pm

im having some nipple movement/areola reduction and a lift i think. she was going to put expanders in but she said the implant fitted okay. she said theyd be more rounded and lifted after my next op so im assuming a lift but i wont know for sure until i see her again mid september.

but tbh i might reconsider if my right boob starts to look like my left boob (the right implant hasnt sunk yet) because it might not be worth it after all the scarring involved?
jessica88
jessica88
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PoppyBee 9th August 2011, 11:13 pm

I started writing a bit of an essar regarding the things which are horribly wrong with all you have written but then i decided no to. Surely no one could be so blase about such a major, life changing operation so you must be taking the michael. If not my words would be wasted anyway.

My aunt is a GP and is appaled that you were approved funding in the current economic climate with no psychological review. Very odd.
PoppyBee
PoppyBee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by PoppyBee 9th August 2011, 11:13 pm

*essay even
PoppyBee
PoppyBee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next