Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raised Areola

4 posters

Go down

Raised Areola  Empty Raised Areola

Post by Emme-Kate 20th July 2011, 3:45 am

Can anyone tell me their experience with the incision around the areola? I'm wondering when you noticed yours was finally getting flat and blending in with the rest of your breast skin?And did you find anything helped this along,like silicone sheets?I was looking at those online and they want $72 for 1 set.I'd hate to buy them and find they were useless.
Thanks girls!
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Raised Areola  Empty Re: Raised Areola

Post by Lovely@41 20th July 2011, 4:13 am

I haven't used the sheets but I am considering too, have heard good reports. One of my clients used them on a nasty burn on her arm ( slightly different I know) and she was v impressed with them. xx
Lovely@41
Lovely@41
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely@41 20th July 2011, 4:25 am

Was just thinking, I'm using Bio Oil on my boobs and scars to keep them supple and it's very good!
Lovely@41
Lovely@41
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 20th July 2011, 5:01 am

I have to get bio-oil.I keep forgetting to pick it up when I'm shopping.I'm still using that darn aquaphore medicated ointment and its like sticky vasaline.I think it helps a lot but since it doesn't sink into the skin,its hard to get dresed in a hurry!

I wish I could get the pre-cut silicone sheets withut ordering online.I can only find the small ones at the pharmacy.That won't do much good on an anchor incision.Its good to hear your clients had a good result by using them!
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bollydolly 20th July 2011, 6:51 am

My areola's are still taped up but I hope to have them off at my appointment next monday so will let you know. I hope I can start scar treatment soon as marks & bruising on the rest of my body takes ages to heal , the sooner the better. My PS advises Kelo-Cote , have either of you tried this ?

Lovely,do you know what make your client used ?

I have also heard of mama mio oil which is similar to bio-oil and has silicone in it I think. My friend used it in pregnancy and has sworn by it. x
bollydolly
bollydolly
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 20th July 2011, 7:28 am

I used the sheets and definitely think they work...
I used them from around 3 months post until about 6 months post I wore them for about 12hrs in each day.
My scars are totally smooth and I think the sheets helped!
They are very durable and last I re used the same set the whole time.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 20th July 2011, 8:44 pm

sarahdawn31 did the sheets also help in fading the scars? I have some areas that are already truning flesh toned but other areas that are still dark pink.I'll try anything that will help heal them faster,I'm so impatient!

Also,when you take the sheets off to clean them,does it pull at the skin at all?I'm not sure if you saw my pics or not,but I ripped my horizontal incision badly on my left breast.And even though it healed up,I don't want anything tugging on it.

What brand would you suggest?

Raised Areola  683328
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 20th July 2011, 8:53 pm

I am not sure about brands, I just bought the ones my ps sold.

They pull a little bit at the skin when removing but not too bad... however its important not to use them until the scars are totally healed and sealed just incase they pull on an unhealed area.

They are ment to help fade the scar too, and while using them my scars were definately fading but I am not sure if the sheets helped or not, as mine are continueing to fade now and I am not bothering to use them anymore. But I would say they definately help to smooth the scar.
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 20th July 2011, 9:20 pm

Great info!Thanks so much!
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict