Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you know if you need an uplift?...

+5
jen86
nix47
abbie
louise_vaa
lumpybumpy
9 posters

Go down

How do you know if you need an uplift?... Empty How do you know if you need an uplift?...

Post by lumpybumpy 1st July 2011, 10:42 am

..... sort of an odd question as I suppose you have to go for a consultation to be told you need an uplift but I know that having implants and uplift costs more so I'm trying to save towards that before I book in to see a surgeon so that I know my finances should be able to cover the bulk of the op. I want to go with MyBreast and it seems the average price for uplift and implants is around £5,800 so I can work towards that. However how do you know if you need an uplift without seeing the surgeon first? my breasts are asymmetrical (one small D one small B cup) and the B holds up ok but the D seems to sag slightly with the nipple pointing towards the ground. would anyone be able to advise me (based on this description) whether or not just having implants rectify this or would i need an uplift too? obviously I know no-one can give a definite answer but any opinion would help!

Thx in advance! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

How do you know if you need an uplift?... Empty Re: How do you know if you need an uplift?...

Post by louise_vaa 1st July 2011, 11:12 am

Hi, I have asymmetry, I think maybe a cup size between them and I was told one has excess skin and is droopy and needs a lift. I don't think you'll be able to know without seeing a surgeon, it certainly came as a shock to me! You could either work towards saving to the higher amount and have a nice surprise if you don't need a lift (bra shopping money!!) or go and see a surgeon now to find out. I found some doing free mini consultations, and was told the same thing by both of them so that's how I know. Transform and MYA are also free so maybe you can get some opinions off them? Good luck with it all!! Xx
louise_vaa
louise_vaa
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

How do you know if you need an uplift?... Empty Re: How do you know if you need an uplift?...

Post by abbie 1st July 2011, 11:26 am

it sounds like youd probably need an uplift on one side at least. Implants alone wont change nipple position.
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by nix47 1st July 2011, 11:36 am

Hiii lumpybump...

I was asymm too and was expecting to need an uplift on the one side but my PS was very against giving me one, and said he didn't like to do the two surgeries in one go.. and that the implant will help lift it anyway.

Now I'm glad I didn't push for the extra scarring as they are are pretty much in line now.. although the lefty is a bit off centre it's not too noticable and a great improvement than it was.

I guess it really is best to see what your surgeon says, and also if he doesn't think you need a lift there is the risk you take they they won't be 100% and if you will be okay with that.

Luckily my 'folds' were even pre- surgery so I think that also helps create symmetry of the boobs with the implants and helps lift the lower breast/nipple.

I was a 34C/DD before (although wearing the wrong band!) So it's seems its the same size difference as you. If you've got anymore questions feel free to ask :)

xxx
nix47
nix47
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 1st July 2011, 12:24 pm

Aw thx ladies that's helped a lot. :)

nix47 its always good to hear from others who have suffered with asymmetry, i'm glad you've got it sorted now :) your boobs look amazing in your avatar! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 1st July 2011, 12:36 pm

my surgeon said breats fall into three catogories.

1: perfect nipples, if you stand side on to a mirror and loook wear the crease of your breast is underneath....and thn see wheer your nipple is. If its above the line, you have pretty good nipples and dont need an uplift.

2: your nipple is below the line, you will most likely need a lift.

3: your nipple is on the line, you may need a lift, dependant on a range of things inc skin elasticity etc.

Hope that made some sense!!
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 1st July 2011, 12:39 pm

Hello lumpybumpy How do you know if you need an uplift?... 399357 it is best to go along and have some consultation hun, have a few and get different opinions. From the description you have given I would think you may need an uplift on one side, but like I have said the surgeon is the best person to advise you.
The main thing is if you prepare yourself for the uplift (financially) it won't come as too much of a shock when you get a price.

Good luck.
xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by Babster 1st July 2011, 12:42 pm

Hi lumpybumpy. My boobs were saggy and my nipples were almost below the bra line heading south. I was concerned that I would need a lift but all three surgeons I saw said a teardrop implant would help give me the lift I needed and bring my nipples back up. I am very pleased with the results and my nipples are now heading in the right direction again! So in my case this did seem to work but my implants weren't that big (275) and I was probably only a saggy B to start with. I am sure I am not the only one on this forum who has had a lift from a BA only. I was worried that my tissue would continue to sag over the implant but my surgeon advised me that the implant type (P-ure/furry brazilian) holds the breast tissue in place and should stay that way for decades to come while the rest of me falls apart :-) Both of my boobs were different before (one longer, one wider) but probably not by a cup size. My surgeon told me he would address this during the surgery by using different approaches in each breast although the same implant size was used.

Good luck. x
Babster
Babster
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by RachelC87 1st July 2011, 12:49 pm

Hey babe, i thought i needed an upllift but suprisingly i was given a choice between having an uplift or having bigger implants.... i went for the bigger implants because i didnt want to have noticable scars and i didnt mind going bigger. maybe this is a choice they would give you too. The surgeons listen to what you want and offer you the best advice after seeing your boobs in the flesh. Hope your consoltation goes well xxx
RachelC87
RachelC87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st July 2011, 1:32 pm

lumpybumpy wrote:my breasts are asymmetrical (one small D one small B cup) and the B holds up ok but the D seems to sag slightly with the nipple pointing towards the ground.

Firstly I think you're think you're being really sensible in giving so much thought to your surgery, it's so important not to rush with excitement and to be sure you get what you want . How do you know if you need an uplift?... 184153

With the nipple pointing downwards to the ground babe, there's no implant that is going to lift that nipple alone so it does sound like it's very possible you will need a lift on the larger side of your breasts.

Don't be frightened of the addition scarring on one side should you need a lift, it's really not that bad lovely and a small price to pay for a great pair of boobs.

Do have a couple of consultations hun even though your aim is for one particular company just to have something to compare with so you're sure you get exactly what you what.

There's some information here on how to know whether you need a lift or not -

The degree of psotis or sag your breast tissue has, determines the type of breast lift that wil be indicated.

How do you know if you need an uplift?... Nipple-descent-199x99

Nipple positions to see if a breast lift will be indicated

The diagram above shows nipple positions to show if a lift will be indicated.

The image on the left is a good candidate for breast augmentation.

The second image is a marginal candidate for Breast augmentation. Quite possibly an implant is all this patient might need to bring the slight psotis up enough.

The third and forth image would require some form of a lift. A patient with this degree of psotis or sag are also candidates for breast implants if they express a desire to be larger; but a breast lift is more likely needed.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 1st July 2011, 1:40 pm

Hey guys, thanx again for your input, this forum is absolutely fabalicious! Judging by the pic posted by cookie, I would say my larger breast resembles the third image, indicating I would need some sort of lift. If I prepare for this then at least the financial aspect won't come as such a shock then! I'll defo go for a few consultations to see what the general consensus is then go from there. Don't think i'll be booking in anytime before October though, just to save and continue with the research! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down