Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My P.I.P,s now i'm worried.

3 posters

Go down

My P.I.P,s now i'm worried. Empty My P.I.P,s now i'm worried.

Post by pink-lady 31st May 2011, 9:11 pm

Hello all

I had P.I.P's September 2008 and was horrified to learn about how they are prone to rupturing. I was 50 when i had it done and was really pleased with the results. I went with the Harley Medical Group in Manchester I went from a 34A to a 34D and absoulutely love them, but now i am really worried and wonder if I should have them replaced with the latest lifetime guarantee implants.
I contacted Harley Medical Group as soon as the news came out about these particular implants. They informed me to go to my hospital and get checked out, so thats what I did, I had a thorough check up and but the consultant was not happy, telling me that it's discusting how the nhs have to pick the pieces up, and i agree.
I am not to sure after reading through all my paperwork how long the aftercare is with Harley but have a feeling it could be 3 years which will be up for me this coming september, I feel like asking them to change them, but they just told me when i rang that if I was'nt having problems then they must be ok.
I would love your thoughts anyone.
pink-lady
pink-lady
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

My P.I.P,s now i'm worried. Empty Re: My P.I.P,s now i'm worried.

Post by COOKIE 31st May 2011, 10:23 pm

Welcome to BJSF babe My P.I.P,s now i'm worried. 399357

I'm going to move your post to the PIP support section of the forum babe which is where you'll get the most help. My P.I.P,s now i'm worried. 571992

Firstly hunni, although it is disgusting that the NHS have to pick up the pieces of this whole PIP saga, it's not your fault babe and if consultants are agrieved by this, they should be taking it up with the poweres that be and not be complaining to you hun, they have a duty of care to you sweetheart regardless of how they feel so don't worry at all about taking any of their time.

When you say you had a thorough check up sweetheart, did you have a scan to check for ruptures?

If not then you need to go back to your GP and have them arrange this for you to check whether or not your implants are intact or not.

If it's found you do have a rupture and you're within the 3 year aftercare period provided by THMG then you will be entitled to take advantage of that and with your clinical evidence you can then ask for a re-op to change the implants.

If no rupture is found hunni, you're left with two options, the first is to make arrangements now to have the implants replaced, but sadly this will be to your cost, you do not however need to return to the same clinic or surgeon if you choose not to, you can go see whoever you like for your re-op, the choice is yours.

The second is to leave the implants be till you are in a better financial position to replace them... in doing this though, for every year you wait you should have a scan to check the implants are still intact and as your GP probably wont refer you yearly, the cost of a private scan will be to your cost hun.

Pretty hard to hear I know sweetness, but I'm sure you'd rather have the facts laid out for you so you can make informed decisions on what you'd like to do next. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 31st May 2011, 10:31 pm

I can't add anymore to what cookie has said, excellent advice as always. It's not your fault that the NHS is picking these things up. It's the fault of the PIP manufacturers and the MHRA (who allowed these implants to be sold in the UK) the fault of the surgeons who knowingly used these inferior implants (although they did not know what was in them, they knew from experience they ruptured easily). We pay a lot of money and all these people had a duty of care and they just used their business heads and ignored the health implications on millions of women for monetary gain. It's disgusting!

Last edited by misf1 on 31st May 2011, 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down