Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIPS!!!! So shocked

3 posters

Go down

PIPS!!!! So shocked Empty PIPS!!!! So shocked

Post by yettiricey 14th April 2011, 3:27 pm

I'd never heard of PIPS before I came on this site. I read all the stories about the unfortunate ladies who had them and the stress involved etc. I felt so sad for you all as I had a similar experience with Trilucent implants. I had to have them removed whilst pregnant. Both had ruptured and I was told that the reason they told people with these implants to not get pregnant was because they were not sure whether they would cause deformaties in the baby! I had them removed, I lived with the fear for my child and I had them replaced with silicone.

Only today when I rang my old clinic to find out what implant sizes I had been given did they break the news to me "Oh I'm sorry to tell you this and it's a shame we haven't told you before now, but you have PIPS". To say I'm shocked is an understatement, I never imagined and was certainly never told I had them. I'm now thinking that this lumpyness in my breasts isn't capsular contracture but ruptured PIPS.

Luckily I have my surgery booked for 5th May and I can't wait to get it over with now.

Y
x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

PIPS!!!! So shocked Empty Re: PIPS!!!! So shocked

Post by Tamz 16th April 2011, 7:59 pm

You poor thing. Im with you hun. Having a nightmare with mine. I wish you all the best, and hope you are having a good implant replacement. What implant are you going for? xx
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 16th April 2011, 8:28 pm

Tamz I don't know yet. Allergen (although not sure which type) or maybe poyurathane coated. I'm so confused as was convinced I had Capsular Contracture now I think I probably have ruptures.

Do you still have your PIPS in? I have tried to research as much about them as possible but keep scaring myself? I read about woman having silicone in their lymphe nodes....how will my doctor know if I have or haven't?

Y
x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 16th April 2011, 8:56 pm

I have silicone in my lymph nodes - thats how I found out they had ruptured, I have lumps in my armpits. I still have my pips in -due for removal on 26 april. May have them replaced at the time with allergan natrelles, or if theres too much damage, will have to have a 2 month rest period before I have new ones in. Wont know til I wake up! If your'e going with allergans, use the natrelles as the CUI's are more prone to capsular contracture. The natrelles have the coating that helps prevent CC. You should have a scan - ultra sound or to be more definate, an MRI will show up ruptures. x
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 16th April 2011, 9:03 pm

Wow you poor thing. Well my surgeon said that my surgery will be the same for Capsular Contracture as it will be for a rupture so he said for me not to spend money on the scan etc when I've already got my surgery booked. God 2 months without implants would be horrendous. This will be my 3rd BA and my surgeon mentioned maybe if it doesn't work out this time it's time to call it a day!!! I couldn't believe it.....that would be like me cutting of a mans willy. I can't imagine ever going back to that and will always have implants!
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 17th April 2011, 8:49 pm

I totally agree...thats how Ive tried to explain it to my hubby. Couldnt be without them now. Im just praying I actually get my surgery on the 26 th and then that I actually wake up with new implants. Gunna be a rotton day - a few tears on the way down to theatre, I think :( I do hope your surgery goes well hun. Stay in touch and let us know xx
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 17th April 2011, 9:26 pm

thanks Tamz and yes let's keep in touch. I know I'm going to be so upset on my day as I don't really know what I'm dealing with until after the op. xxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamz 18th April 2011, 8:35 am

Fingers crossed for you honey xx
Tamz
Tamz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 18th April 2011, 9:31 am

and you xxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly2 18th April 2011, 6:45 pm

Awwwww yetti bless you my lovely come here Hug .

I can't even begin to imagine what you poor girls are going through but my thoughts are with you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
butterfly2
butterfly2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 881

http://I'll do an instruction or find one if I can.  As for writ

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 18th April 2011, 8:59 pm

I guess I'm a lucky one hun coz I already had my money and surgery in place when I found out. I can't imagine finding out then having to find the funds ontop of all the stress of having leaking crap in your system.
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down