Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

French Report

5 posters

Go down

French Report Empty French Report

Post by LittleOne 29th September 2010, 11:12 pm

The report by AFSSAPS is now available.
Translated version is here:

Clicky

The thing that's most concerning me is that the test they did on mice showed DNA damage and cell division issues...they can't rule out genotoxicity (cancer causing) and will be carrying out more tests. Results of which will be back early ish next year.

I feel sick to my stomach.

But they're not toxic, do cause inflammatory responses and do have a higher rupture rate. Everything we knew but now proven.

Thoughts?
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

French Report Empty Re: French Report

Post by eviee 30th September 2010, 7:57 am

Hi Littleone
Ive planned to have my pips out in December but was in two minds about it as my surgeon said its not the end of the world not to replace them at the moment. However after reading this I think I will go ahead!
At the end of the day they dont seem 100% about the risks so I guess its better to be safe than sorry.
Where are you have your next BA and have you decided on your implant make and size? This is the bit im really confused about. The more research you do the harder it seems to be!
Eviee x
eviee
eviee
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 30th September 2010, 11:42 am

I feel sick after reading this, i have had lots of health probelms which have made me very tired since having the implants, if what they say is true then, they wouldnt even have had to rupture in order to cause some probelms.

Also to have it confirmed that the silicone used was not of the correct standard makes me want to cry. Could all my problems over the last few years be attributed to this? I am very angry and want to sue the French regulating authorities specifically, for letting this happen. nope xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumble 30th September 2010, 3:24 pm

I wish I had known this before I saw my surgeon yesterday, he gave me his rehearsed speech about them not being toxic or cancer causing. He wants me to have mine removed in the next few weeks and I can't wait to get them out of me!
Bumble
Bumble
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 30th September 2010, 8:24 pm

Eviee I'm going with Mr withey at mybreast.
Before this report came out he recommended keeping the capsule and having 300cc high profile Nagor Impleo. Good UK made implants and mybreast are offering free implants if rupture confirmed.
Seeing him tomorrow and I now want every last bit that's associated with these implants out. I want the capsule removed and would then need bigger implants.
I would have several consultations with different surgeons and clinics if I were you hun x
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by eviee 1st October 2010, 2:46 pm

Thanks for the advice Littleone. Hope everything goes well for you. Eviee x
eviee
eviee
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by kate613 17th October 2010, 8:28 pm

Hey littleone,
Just wanted to say i hope your PIP re-op went well and your recovering nicely.How was it all? Did you have your capsule removed?
Glad to see the back of PIPs im sure. Its very frustrating this french report.. everything seems very slow regarding finding out the facts. My Nagors feel great thou they have softened up nicely feeling much better than PIps! xx Hug
kate613
kate613
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 17th October 2010, 8:31 pm

Hi Kate.
My surgeon left the capsule in which i was ok about.
Feeling a little tender, might have something to do with my bra being too tight tho!
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down