Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

toxic shock syndrome

+5
kayla
Starz-10
kittie
traci75
mizzpink23
9 posters

Go down

toxic shock syndrome Empty toxic shock syndrome

Post by mizzpink23 22nd August 2010, 7:58 pm

hi girls, well i was reading through my emails and every so often i get a newsletter from dr olebrandt from eylzea. this time it contained a few things regarding breast aug complications, and toxic shock syndrome was one of them, ive never been told this before at any of my consultations, not even the one i had with dr olebrandt about two years ago. has anyone else said that TSS
was a risk (a very rare one) and if so, does it mean it can happen at any time, or mainly in the healing stages early on?? grrrr,im stressing now as ive only ever associated tss syndrome with tampons Screwy xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

toxic shock syndrome Empty Re: toxic shock syndrome

Post by traci75 22nd August 2010, 8:00 pm

oooo not not heard of that with ba but yea with tampons is it when old blood staying in your system or something????
traci75
traci75
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 226

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 22nd August 2010, 8:14 pm

never heard of that
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz-10 22nd August 2010, 8:26 pm

I've never heard of that either. Maybe its a more recent complication and they are trying to make people more aware of it. That's another thing to worry about now!
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 22nd August 2010, 8:58 pm

I would say it would be a complication of a recent ba and not a concern of op that occured some time ago.
If you use the tampon analogy, you are putting in a tampon and each time risk germs getting into your hoo-ha. Hence clean hands etc. And it is rare.
The tss is caused by a bacteria realeasing a strong toxin which can be fatal, so like all bacterial infections that are poss after an op, there is a risk.
In a ba, or any other op which obviously involves contact between the outside word and our blood stream, there is again a small risk. Though I would have thought in todays op rooms, a lesser one than inserting a tampon at home, so very rare indeed.

So after the initial healing has been completed, and as long as the skin barrier of the insicsion is healed, the risk would be minimal. And even immed post op the risk will be tiny due to the low infection rate and sanitation processes that are common in todays hospitals.

kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 22nd August 2010, 9:02 pm

oh phew!!! thanks kayla, i was really worrying and adding that to my list of post op complication "stresses and worrys" . its odd tho its not mentioned at the majority of consults, ill defintly bring it up in the future if i need to see my surgeon again for whatever reason xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 22nd August 2010, 9:04 pm

Starz-10 wrote:I've never heard of that either. Maybe its a more recent complication and they are trying to make people more aware of it. That's another thing to worry about now!

sorry, i didnt mean to make you worry, i was just wondering if anybody else had heard of it, and why it wasnt mentioned at any of my consultations x
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 23rd August 2010, 8:33 am

Oooooh now you got me thinking......back in may i went to mallorca (5 months post ba) & was on my period at the time. I was so so ill whilst there & think it was tss. I looked up the symptoms on nhs direct & i had 6 out of a posssible 8. Obv at the time i whipped out my tampon asap & managed to do this before passing out on DH Shocked i had all the signs..sickness, diarreah, temp, dizzyness, passingout etc etc.........would be interested if anyone has read into this more????

It wasn't a risk mentioned to me so??

x
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 23rd August 2010, 9:08 am

never heard of that to hun thought it was only caused by keeping tampax in to long??
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 23rd August 2010, 11:52 am

I have been reading up a lot on complications and have read that this is possible. I am not sure whether it is a big concern. A lot of my research has been regarding PIPS so i dont know whether it might be just a complication from them.

If you are worried i would ask your surgeon, just for piece of mind. xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 23rd August 2010, 2:14 pm

oh stephy that sounds scary,luckily your ok now tho hun...... xx

vix, when you read up about it, did it say it can happen straight after surgery, rather than when your all healed etc? i dont wanna be worrying 6 months post op about getting tss somewhere down the line ,i wish i never read the newsletter now, lol xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 23rd August 2010, 3:04 pm

Yeah I read about the possibility of Toxic Shock Syndrome somewhere in all the papers that Transform or Mya gave me in the last couple of weeks, I can't find it right now but I'll let you know if I do x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 23rd August 2010, 3:37 pm

thanks mrsm , much appreciated xxx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 23rd August 2010, 4:46 pm

So it might have been from my tampon then not surgery as it was 5 months later??

natalia - I only had my tampon in 2 hours.......x
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down