Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a happy pie :-(

+10
amanda2k10
mariajw
nads
_Carrie_
Loxxie
ShootingStar
annefinackapan
bettyboop
moonmar
Angelpie
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not a happy pie :-( Empty Not a happy pie :-(

Post by Angelpie 10th March 2009, 6:39 pm

I'm exactly 3 weeks post op today... and up 'til now everything's been going so well... however I've discovered today that I've got a little spot of infection on my left scar :-( The worst thing is, I think it's all my own fault. When my stitches were removed there was one tiny little scab left on the incission. I'd been really good about drying it carefully and not getting moisturiser on it. I suppose as time went on I was getting a bit complacent and had moved onto drying myself a bit more roughly with my towel and also not quite as careful with keeping my cocoa butter away from my scars. Anyway today I noticed a little sharp pain where the scab had been, so I got my mirrror out and had a look. The scab has gone but there was a little blob of pus (yuk! How gross does that sound?!) I didn't exactly squeeze it, but I did put a little pressure next to it and a little bit of watery blood came out :-( I put some gauze over it and thought it'd be a good idea to start taking anti biotics. (My doctor has always left me with a spare prescription as I have in the past suffered with tonsititis). I've been at work most of the day, but phoned the MYA nurse when I got in. She told me to get some antiseptic (I bought Savlon wound wash) and put a dressing back over it. She advised that I didn't take any anti-biotics, in case my body built up a resistance.

It definitely isn't a disolvable stitch, as my surgeon doesn't use them. I had "proper" stiches and they were all removed last week. She said if it starts oozing (EEWWWWW!) to come in and see them. I'm just feeling so down about it all. I don't think I'm in pain (I think I'm imagining I might be though, lol!) and my boob doesn't seem to be red and swollen either;so I suppose I'll just have to see how it goes.

My dilema is... do any of you girlies (esp girls in nursing etc.) think I should take the anti-biotics as a precaution or should I be a good girl and do what the MYA nurse said?

Sorry to go on about this. I think I'm just feeling a bit low generally. I've had a come-back of my cold and have almost lost my voice... and to make matters worse I've got to go back out now to do another 2 hour lesson this evening. :pale: Thank you for listening, my BJS friends. A xx
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Not a happy pie :-( Empty Re: Not a happy pie :-(

Post by moonmar 10th March 2009, 6:52 pm

Oh hun I understand why you are low, but it doesn't sound that bad so far... I guess if you just dress it properly and take good care of it it'll go by itself in a few days... I'm not in nursing but I would do what the nurse says for now. Hugs xxx
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyboop 10th March 2009, 7:04 pm

Aaahhhh sorry to hear this, does sound as if you've caught things very early which has to be a good thing. I wouldn't like to comment o the Anti biotics, but hope all clears up soon.
T x
bettyboop
bettyboop
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 10th March 2009, 7:33 pm

Sorry youre upset chick.
I wouldnt take the antibiotics because they probably arent the right ones anyway because different antiobiotics treat different types of infection so it would be a waste and unhelpful. I would just keep the wound clean and dry, cover it up and it will heal - please dont worry - I doubt very much you did anything wrong youve just been unfortunate. If the area becomes hot and red and oozes alot deffo see your nurses the proper ABs can be prescribed then.

xx Anne ( nurse) pm if you want any further advice
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 10th March 2009, 7:48 pm

Totally agree with Anne, i have had 4 types of different anti-biotics since my BA so they may not be the right ones and will be useless to you, also it could just be a minor surface infection that will clear up with the antiseptic alone, also keeping covered and dry is a must.
Try not to worry yourself silly over this as it sounds like you are in good hands and know the signs to look for regarding an infection, keep your eye on it hun and let us know how things are looking tomorrow.
I'll be thinking of you and looking out for your posts xx Heart xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by Loxxie 10th March 2009, 7:49 pm

bless you. yep i think you should do as the nurse asked for now but keep a very close watch on it! sending you hugs Hug
Loxxie
Loxxie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2102

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 10th March 2009, 8:08 pm

Oh noooooo.....I agree about the antibiotics though as they may not do any good whatsoever.

I'm sure it will clear up by itself as it sounds small and quite contained....I'm sure it's nothing you've done hun and just one of those things

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 10th March 2009, 8:19 pm

I agree with the other girls hun, i wouldnt take the antibiotics as its not really good to take them if you dont need them.
It is quite common for some girls to get a little 'infection' in the insicion area and get a little bit of pus, i've read alot of girls get this and then all is fine. Like the nurse said if it starts weeping/you get red hot breast/feverish then go straight to your ps/gp hun for now just keep an eye on it
Dont worry too much hun, its good you noticed! We're all here for you too Hug
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 10th March 2009, 9:52 pm

Thank you everyone Hug I'm just over-tired and miserable at the moment... after my lovely 2 weeks off I've hit the ground running now I'm back at work... I've still got lesson plans to do tonight and also tests to book. Thank you for all being here while I have my moan. I do feel bad about whinging, especially as I know there are people way worse off than me.

I won't take the anti-bs (although I thought they may be ok, as they were the same ones that were prescribed after my BA... erythromycin (sp)). I'm just scared that I'm going all mouldy inside :pale: I know I'm being stupid... but everything has literally gone without a hitch so far, and I'm wondering if it's all too good to be true.

I'm sure I'll snap out of it by the morning, after a good night's sleep.

Thank you all again for being so supportive. Hug Hug Hug Hug
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 10th March 2009, 9:57 pm

Dont feel bad hun you can come on here anytime and have a vent about anything, however little but this is a valid thing to be worried about as it must've been quite scary to find, dont worry too much, hope you feel better soon Hug

xxxxxxxxxxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 11th March 2009, 8:50 am

Hey Hunni

Sorry to hear you were upset last night and hope you're feeling better this morning.

I agree with all the girls ... don't start taking the antibiotics just yet, but keep a close eye on things. Savlon is magic stuff, so it'll probably clear up within a day or so.

Maria
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 11th March 2009, 10:37 am

awww dont know how i missed this.
how are you today hunni, i hope your feeling a little better.
hugs hugs and more hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Heart
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 11th March 2009, 8:44 pm

Hi AP..How are you tonight hun?? xx Heart xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 11th March 2009, 9:01 pm

Thanks girlies Hug .

I still feel "out of sorts", but I'm pretty sure this is just because I'm tired and have a cold.

I took the dressing of my incission earlier and there was still this little (for want of a better word) "blob"; so I washed it clean with th Savlon stuff and put a new dressing on. I think what 'll try to do is just to leave it for a while, as it certainly wasn't "oozing" (ewwwkkk nurses term not mine!! :pale: ). I figure if I keep disturbing it, it'll never heal; and as it isn't hot, red or swollen, I'm hoping it may just scab over without getting worse.

It really does only look tiny, so I hope I was really just over reacting and that it'll all be ok.

I wil try and update my piccies soon... promise.

Heart Angel xx
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 11th March 2009, 9:22 pm

aww hunni im sorry your still feeling poorly!!!! but glad your feeling better about your 'blob' as you call it. Hysterical
fingers crossed you will soon feel better
lots of hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxx Heart
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 11th March 2009, 9:31 pm

Hope things stay that way and it's all better from here for you hun, there is nothing worse than having something "not right" no matter how minor or major we all worry the same regardless.
I hope the cold clears up soon too, you're sounding quite run down with it now.
Glad there is no "oozing!" and i agree..it's such a yukky word :lol:
Hope you get a good rest tonight xx Heart xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Optima 12th March 2009, 1:02 am

Oh, poor you! It does sound minor, but I can totally understand your worry. I'm sending you healing fairies! Hug
Optima
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 18th March 2009, 3:38 pm

Hows the scar hun? Anymore blobbies or has it cleared up? xxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 18th March 2009, 7:57 pm

Oh lovely, I must have missed this.

I was gonna say why don't you PM Anne as she's a nurse, but I see she's already been really helpful (we've got everything on BJS!)

Hope you're feeling better lovely, how's it going now?
x
x
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 18th March 2009, 9:44 pm

Hey girlies! I've been a busy pie and still can't post from my iPhone. Regarding my scar... I kept a dressing on it for a few days and when I took it off there was still a little blob of nasty stuff. I figured that as it was still only a little bit and it wasn't red or swollen that I would give it chance to get the air to it. Anyway it all seems to be going along quite nicely and both my scars seem quite neat.

Thanks for asking after me. Hug
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 18th March 2009, 9:48 pm

Angelpie wrote:Anyway it all seems to be going along quite nicely and both my scars seem quite neat.

Brilliant news, good to hear from you and know you're ok Hug xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 18th March 2009, 9:49 pm

Thats good hun, have you spoken to your surgeon about it yet? Can you not reply from pressing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at the bottom of the page hun? x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 18th March 2009, 9:50 pm

good to hear that it's looking a little better, keep monitoring it hun xxx
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 18th March 2009, 9:51 pm

Hi anglepie!!

Glad you are feelng better and things are improving with time. ah patience.
thinking of you! Hug
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 18th March 2009, 10:01 pm

nads wrote:Thats good hun, have you spoken to your surgeon about it yet? Can you not reply from pressing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at the bottom of the page hun? x

Hey hun, if I press the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I get the little reply window up but I still can't type in it :-(
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next