Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macrolane

+7
mrsm
eastla
starfish67
kate1977
natalia
I'mScared
Starz-10
11 posters

Go down

Macrolane Empty Macrolane

Post by Starz-10 3rd April 2010, 6:56 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but has anyone considered macroline injections instead of opting for BA? I have been thinking about it but I think it works out more expensive than BA in the end.
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Macrolane Empty Re: Macrolane

Post by I'mScared 3rd April 2010, 7:05 pm

I was up until last night!!!!

I've always loved the idea of it ever since I heard of it - and would even be prepared to pay the £2000 a year top-up charge if it meant avoiding scary surgery.

However, I was researching literally ALL night last night and there are SO MANY bad reports of it that it's completely put me off. Everything from just girls saying it went badly/the boobs shrunk within 4 months/just one boob disappeared after 3 months, the other was still large etc and even a professional journalist who didn't have to pay for hers so that she could write about it.... it went badly for her too.

In-fact, here's the link, have a good read of this before you make a decision as to whether or not it's worth it:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'mScared
I'mScared
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 3rd April 2010, 7:12 pm

i personally think its a waste of money and cost more than a ba in long run
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by kate1977 3rd April 2010, 8:43 pm

agree with Natalia - alot of money for something that is temporary ...
kate1977
kate1977
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by starfish67 4th April 2010, 4:53 am

Ive heard loads of bad stuff about it too, the fact that it doesn't last on some people must be disapointing ........but the thing that worried me was the amount of people that ended up with very strange lumps in their boobs !!!! One girl i was reading about was now having a BA but her surgeon said he couldn't fix the lumps left from the Macrolane.......I suppose its like anything tho ...some people it works for and they love it ......others not so great ....but its the ones that go wrong that you tend to read about in the news etc
starfish67
starfish67
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 4th April 2010, 11:42 am

I had Macro lane 2 years ago, although expensive I was tempted as there was no need for surgery and hardly any down time.

I found the whole experience to be great, I lved the size that I ended up, HOWEVER and this is a big however. When i had mine done I was told that it will last for 12-18 months with a top up recommended at 102 months.

Mine lasted only 7 months!!!! 2500 for 7 months !! i was absolutely gutted - now I have had my BA and am so totally and utterly thrilled with the results I wish I had done this first time round

In my opinion don't waste your money

xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 4th April 2010, 11:58 am

I looked in to it too, and was put off after reading so many bad reports about the pain, lumpyness, and not lasting very long.
It's nearly as expensive as a ba too, but less tested.
I decided not to bother.

xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 4th April 2010, 12:05 pm

Obviously that should be top up at 12 months !!
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake 4th April 2010, 1:28 pm

I would stay away from Macrolane, honestly... I never used it, but I am probably one of the surgeons with the highest number of cases of Macrolane removal, so I have seen my share of hard lumps, poor shape, inadequate enlargements.
And if I can add something on this topic of 'implantless' breast enlargement, I would be very careful with fat injections too, at least for few more years (one of the big companies was planning to introduce fat injections on a large scale during 2010, but I am not sure they will still do it now, having to do deal with their PIP implants first...)
Snake
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by lea1983 5th April 2010, 1:29 pm

ohhh hadnt heard of this but imo id have a B.A less expensive and lasts longer !!!! xxxxxxx
lea1983
lea1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 6th April 2010, 9:22 am

Snake wrote:I would stay away from Macrolane, honestly... I never used it, but I am probably one of the surgeons with the highest number of cases of Macrolane removal, so I have seen my share of hard lumps, poor shape, inadequate enlargements.
And if I can add something on this topic of 'implantless' breast enlargement, I would be very careful with fat injections too, at least for few more years (one of the big companies was planning to introduce fat injections on a large scale during 2010, but I am not sure they will still do it now, having to do deal with their PIP implants first...)

Very interesting! Macrolane 808228

I agree, macrolane hasn't been studied enough for me to even want to consider it. And the lumps are very worrying.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Macrolane Empty How was your BA after macrolane? xx

Post by Viclove 27th July 2011, 9:19 pm

eastla wrote:I had Macro lane 2 years ago, although expensive I was tempted as there was no need for surgery and hardly any down time.

I found the whole experience to be great, I lved the size that I ended up, HOWEVER and this is a big however. When i had mine done I was told that it will last for 12-18 months with a top up recommended at 102 months.

Mine lasted only 7 months!!!! 2500 for 7 months !! i was absolutely gutted - now I have had my BA and am so totally and utterly thrilled with the results I wish I had done this first time round

In my opinion don't waste your money

xx
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down