Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ba after macrolane....advice desperately needed!

+2
lola_blsk
sweetcarol
6 posters

Go down

ba after macrolane....advice desperately needed! Empty ba after macrolane....advice desperately needed!

Post by sweetcarol 21st July 2011, 12:58 pm

HAs anyone had macrolane then a BA? I have now seen 3 surgeons and 2 have said its not a problem to operate and the other has said It's a major problem. I had it 18 months ago now and thought it had mostly gone but maybe not. The surgeon that said it oAs an issue did do the most thorough examination of my breasts but I was sure to mention it to the others which said it would be ok. I am totally confused who to believe... it obviously increases surgery time and risks and costs according to this surgeon. Don't anyone have experience in this?
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

ba after macrolane....advice desperately needed! Empty Re: ba after macrolane....advice desperately needed!

Post by lola_blsk 21st July 2011, 1:19 pm

Hi hun... I haven't actually had macrolane but my understanding of it was the gel injected normally wears off by 18 months.

My advice would to be go see a few more surgeons and also your gp to ask their opinions xxxx

Sorry I couldn't be more help xxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

ba after macrolane....advice desperately needed! Empty Re: ba after macrolane....advice desperately needed!

Post by sweetcarol 21st July 2011, 2:22 pm

THe affects of macrolane wore off in a couple of months for me. I thought there was a bit left in as one breast was always a smaller than the other but they both still look similar... I had more macrolane in one than the oother to even up. I am worried now that this one surgeon is right and the other 2 didn't examine properly! I wouldn't think the gp would know enough about this kind of thing. I suppose seeing a fourth surgeon would be the best bet. It's all a bit stressful its given me a headache! I just want to book so I can get excited! LOl x
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 21st July 2011, 2:29 pm

Maybe also try to get an appt with the person that administered the macrolane to you? They could maybe refer u to someone good to speak to about ba after macrolane? Xxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lola_blsk 21st July 2011, 2:31 pm

Lso hun its always good to make ur gp aware of anything ur doing to ur body (even private)
As if something does go wrong (god forbid) then they can't deny treatment as they weren't aware etc! Xxx
lola_blsk
lola_blsk
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

ba after macrolane....advice desperately needed! Empty BA after Macrolane

Post by Viclove 28th August 2011, 4:33 pm

sweetcarol wrote:HAs anyone had macrolane then a BA? I have now seen 3 surgeons and 2 have said its not a problem to operate and the other has said It's a major problem. I had it 18 months ago now and thought it had mostly gone but maybe not. The surgeon that said it oAs an issue did do the most thorough examination of my breasts but I was sure to mention it to the others which said it would be ok. I am totally confused who to believe... it obviously increases surgery time and risks and costs according to this surgeon. Don't anyone have experience in this?

Are you still going ahead? I have had macrolane for 2 years and have now been told I can have a BA but there is still some Macrolane inside however they have said its not much so it is not a risk?
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby13 28th August 2011, 6:53 pm

Hi Viclove. I had macrolane this time last year and am now 4 weeks post op with 270cc overs. it was the same surgeon who admistered my macrolane who performed my BA so dnt know if that made a difference or not. At my consultation we discussed the macrolane treatment I had and he said he could feel some remainin gmacrolane in each breast however it did not pose any problems for going ahead with BA. After my BA was performed and the surgeon came to check on me he said he had remove approx 30ml from each side during my op. So far i am really delighted with the results of my BA (much more so than when I had macrolane, which although did make my boobs firmer they did not increae in size at all) and have had no complications.

Hope that info helps you in some way!
x
Gabby13
Gabby13
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 28th August 2011, 9:39 pm

HI its so good to find someone that has had macrolane then a ba. MY surgeon plans to remove it all whilst I am under, which I am so glad of as it has gone really lumpy... what size are you before and after? x
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabby13 28th August 2011, 10:04 pm

Hi, I know what you mean I would have really liked to have spoken to someone who had also had macrolane then BA, I really worried about it and it probably delayed me actually gong ahead with my BA for a good few months.

Pre pregnancy i was happy with my boobs and was a 30D sometimes DD depending on style (I am 5'6 and approx 8st) but after my wee girl I was left with just empty skin!! Macrolane just kind of firmed me up a little bit but I def had no increase in size, as I said i am only 4 weeks post op and have not been measured but am wearing a 30E sports bra at the moment. I am delighted so far as all i wanted was to restore what mother nature had given me so went with quite small implant. Really wish I had gone for BA from the beginning rather than waste a year and £2000 on macrolane.

x
Gabby13
Gabby13
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by loopylou 29th August 2011, 1:36 pm

Hi ladies,
I am booked for be but just curious as have only heard about macrolane on this forum - how much macrolane do they inject into each boob?
Am not considering it, JUST NOSEY!
loopylou
loopylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Viclove 29th August 2011, 6:22 pm

Hi I had 100ml injected inside both breasts, very painful. I had it at 8pm on an evening and went to work the next day! I couldn't move!!! Two years on its still there! At the time I thought it was the right decision but since I have spoken to various people on these forums and it is not as bad as an implant (apparently) ! x

Thankyou all for your advice .... I am very nervous about going ahead with a BA after Macrolane and these forums are a great help
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by loopylou 29th August 2011, 6:33 pm

Ouch - 100mls injected sounds painful.
I know nothing about it but sure if ou find a reputable surgeon you are happy with you will be fine x
loopylou
loopylou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 384

Back to top Go down

Post by Viclove 29th August 2011, 6:42 pm

Thanks. I went from a 32B (empty) to a large C. looked good at the time and felt great buying a bra but they are deflating now! I have spoken to one good surgeon I am seeing someone else this thursday.. will make a decision from there. I am getting married next April so I need to get them done asap in case there are any complications. Just hope it all goes smoothly X
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 30th August 2011, 3:30 pm

As long as your surgeon is aware, all should be fine.

Macrolane is still, in effect, an experimental procedure. Surgeons don't really know the effect it has on the body and absorbtion rates, so as long as you make your surgeon aware of when you had Macrolane he can prepare your augmentation surgery accordingly.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Viclove 4th September 2011, 12:27 pm

I have had advice, one surgeon its not a problem (he is very qualified NHS and private reconstruction work) the other is looking into it.. wants to see a ultrasound scan etc anyway none have mentioned actually removing it! I must have about 20% left in my left breast. Thinking I should just give up. I have had it in two years ... the reason I would like it is my wedding next April ... so unsure. Any advice? Many thanks girls XX
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 4th September 2011, 2:45 pm

I had my macrolane in 18 months and still had a lot left. my surgeon removed it all as part of my op 2 days ago and it only cost me £400 more due to extra surgery time. HE had a bit of trouble getting it all out and as a result I am a lot sorer than I should be but I am glad to be rid of it to be honest. I haven't even seen my new boobs yet and I don't think they are as big as I would have liked but they will def still be better than they were whatever. ASk me anything else if I can help. There don't seem many in our position x
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Viclove 4th September 2011, 6:09 pm

Sweet Carol,

Many thanks, its great to someone in my position. I think I will speak to the surgeons and ask about them removing the macrolane first then go from there. They have had no other patients with Macrolane... where are these people? Also, the one surgeon I have spoken to says he doesn't let you choose what size you will be he decides with the nurses on the day... bit dubious about this although he is very qualified.. x
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 4th September 2011, 7:28 pm

Just be careful Viclove. One surgeon wanted me to pay an extra £1500 for the removal. I think they can use it to rip you off. I also chose a surgeon that has had experience in removing it before. where are you tarvelling from?
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Viclove 4th September 2011, 8:17 pm

Hi

The north east where no one has had any experience in so far... don't really want to travel x
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Viclove 6th September 2011, 7:45 pm

sweetcarol wrote:I had my macrolane in 18 months and still had a lot left. my surgeon removed it all as part of my op 2 days ago and it only cost me £400 more due to extra surgery time. HE had a bit of trouble getting it all out and as a result I am a lot sorer than I should be but I am glad to be rid of it to be honest. I haven't even seen my new boobs yet and I don't think they are as big as I would have liked but they will def still be better than they were whatever. ASk me anything else if I can help. There don't seem many in our position x

Who did your operation? Many thanks .... I am having a nightmare. Think I will wait until I have my wedding and baby ... until the Macrolane has dissolved. !!!! x
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 6th September 2011, 9:05 pm

THE SURGEON WAS GARRICK GEORGEU. HE WORKS OUT OF LONDON BUT WILL BE IN BIRMINGHAM AS WELL SOON. I WOULD SAY GO FOR IT. I AM HAPPY I DID. DEPENDS ON YOUR PRIORITIES IN LIFE AND HOW MUCH IT BOTHERS YOU. I WOULD SAY THE TRAVELLING IS WORTH IT. if I can be of any more help please ask X
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Viclove 13th September 2011, 8:54 pm

Hi Sweetcarol

After a few consultations and an ultrasound, after 2 years/25 months there appears to be little Macrolane left so I am just going to go for the Op without the removal. Just hope it all goes ok and I get the right size too, I have been looking into this since June! Many thanks for your help xx
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcarol 14th September 2011, 6:53 am

WEll I wish you the best of luck. I had 75cc removed from each side... my surgeon even shown me photos from the op and what it looked like when they were removing it. VEry interesting. HOpe all gods well for you, let me know how you get on X
sweetcarol
sweetcarol
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down