Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macrolane injection??

+10
Mermaid
shiningmoonbeam
hotcaz
eastla
misf1
nads
natalia
kerry
Mia
grimesylass
14 posters

Go down

Macrolane injection?? Empty Macrolane injection??

Post by grimesylass 5th January 2010, 12:40 pm

Hello again, Mel here Macrolane injection?? 368291 just wanted to know if anyone had explored the option of a boob job jab!!!! its something im looking into, as i want more children so don't want to go down the implants route yet.

but ive the reached the point where i have to do something, im so miserable about what god forgot to give me!! i need a boost emtionally and boobly!!

so if anyone knows anything about this procedure id really to like to hear it! please!

thanks ladies Macrolane injection?? 683328
grimesylass
grimesylass
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Macrolane injection?? Empty Re: Macrolane injection??

Post by Mia 6th January 2010, 1:41 am

Hello and welcome to the forum Macrolane injection?? 368291

Not had the injections myself..though did ask about it and held the pack in my hand Macrolane injection?? Icon_rolleyes however, the results and cost in long term for me personally were more than b.a. I think one or two ladies here have had it. It is expensive, and adds volume, and from what you say would be worth consideration untill you are in a situation to have implants. Not heard of any adverse effects at all, and it would do what you need for now I think. I would have a consultation...ring around for info. etc. before you make a decision.

Good Luck, I certainly know how you feel. x
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by grimesylass 6th January 2010, 8:38 am

hello, i live in Leeds, it seems like there isn't many places that offer it up here, i spoke with surgicare yesterday, the cost is more than BA, they was pushy & was talking about having m booked in for BA for 17th Jan!!! this isn't what i asked for at all!!

now im confused, should i do the BA just cos its cheaper??? i do want more kids but i ca't say when, i really want to breastfeed or at least give it a bloody good go! would BA stop me?

would be great to hear from someone who has had macrolane injections..... anyone???
grimesylass
grimesylass
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerry 6th January 2010, 12:25 pm

hi

i went down the route of investigating the macrolane injections, had consultations with surgeon etc, even put down a deposit which i lost! but i thought about it and in the long term i decided on a b.a (after 11 months)as for the money i thought macrolane wasnt worth it, its ok for short term and like you say you want children in the future having implants now will not hinder this, and breat feeding also, but it may change the shape of your breasts slightly after birth obviously due to the breasts swelling further.

macrolane is a quick fix that last 18 months max untill further injections are required, the down time is less than a B.A but you will still feel a discomfort for about 3/4 weeks after macrolane treatment.

hope this helps

thanks
kez xx Macrolane injection?? 321562
kerry
kerry
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 6th January 2010, 12:40 pm

i think its better to have breast implants otherwise u will be paying alot more in the long run year after year
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 6th January 2010, 12:53 pm

I thought the boob job jab looked good until i started reading stories about the gel turning into hard lumps that are hard to remove. It does leave scars too and is nearly the same price as implants, which lasts much longer! I dont think enough research into it has been done either as its quite new

x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 6th January 2010, 1:42 pm

I thought the injections would be perfect for me, but after looking at the cost and time it lasts I decided on a BA. I haven't had children yet and plan to in the future, my surgeon said it may or may not affect my boobs having kids and I may need another op to get them perky again, but I may not. Just gotta wait and see
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 6th January 2010, 6:16 pm

Hi

I had macrolane injections and was very pleased with the results, it gave me exactly what I wanted and actually ended up going 2 cup sizes instead of one.

However I found it to be expensive for how long it lasts, most websites state that a top up is needed after 12-18 months, I had totally lost all of mine after around 9 months.

All in all a fairly good experience but pricey for the time it lasts

Laura
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by hotcaz 6th January 2010, 8:14 pm

i did consider having the boob jab before having implants but the price of it put me off tbh, i got qouted £2800, and then £1800 for yearly top ups, so would would work out very expensive in the long run, plus u can only go up one cup size xx
hotcaz
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1848

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningmoonbeam 6th January 2010, 10:48 pm

Hi, I don't know a lot about it, although did watch the procedure being done on a boob job documentary on BBC 3 about 18 months ago. It looked quite unpleasant when it was being carried out and didn't really seem like the easier option, and I can see how you could be left with scars. The look afterwards on the girl that had it done was good and natural, but I wouldn't say it was an awful lot bigger than what she had. My personal feeling would be that I would not be happy paying out such alot for a short term result, so the more permanent option was better than me. Sorry can't help much more than that, good luck with your research xxx
shiningmoonbeam
shiningmoonbeam
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by Mermaid 6th January 2010, 11:20 pm

Hey Hon - i had implants but get fillers in my lips. Restylane the lip Macrolane left me lumpy in places they call it 'pearlised'. I still have fillers but use Teosyl. What i have found with the lip fillers is (which prob is the same with other fillers) they can take shorter time to wear off than advised or far longer. My lips should go down after 4 months. After Restylane it took a year. It depends on how the enzymes in your body break it down - so quick or slow. Also they could (not for everyone) break down at different rates giving an uneven appearance like the lips can do. We do it for the face and hands at my practice.

Sorry to ramble. Whatever you go for i hope you get the result you want hon. x
Mermaid
Mermaid
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 8th January 2010, 11:24 am

Hello - I know nothing about the Macrolane injections really, but do know that if you have partial unders you have a good chance of breastfeeding again. (I think I'm right in saying that with overs it's very unlikely). I also know someone who's breastfeeding after a BA...how successfully I don't know though..but she's doing it.

I guess there's the risk of changes to your boobs and maybe further surgery in the future to correct them...how long until you want another child? It would prob be better to wait for a BA until you've finished having kids, but I understand how you feel, and a few years is a long time to be unhappy.

Good luck making your decision - I'm a firm fan of breastfeeding whenever possible but you've also got to think about your happiness.

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 8th January 2010, 8:13 pm

_Carrie_ wrote: (I think I'm right in saying that with overs it's very unlikely)
Not true. Many girls with overs have breastfed successfully, its women with aerola incisions who may have difficulty in breasfeeding as the milk ducts can be severed x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by grimesylass 8th January 2010, 8:16 pm

im having a consultation tomorrow with surgicare, so maybe then i will know more, im so undecided, part of me is still hoping that they will grow!!! but at 28 i think there is more chance of pigs flying!!
grimesylass
grimesylass
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 8th January 2010, 9:49 pm

grimesylass wrote:im having a consultation tomorrow with surgicare, so maybe then i will know more, im so undecided, part of me is still hoping that they will grow!!! but at 28 i think there is more chance of pigs flying!!
Macrolane injection?? 557141 Macrolane injection?? 557141

So sorry ...just couldent resist!! It wont happen....I waited till I was 53 Macrolane injection?? 62722 Think I see some pigs up above???......I do Macrolane injection?? 494993

All the best tommorrow, it is a long emotional journey of discovery to enable you to make a decision based on sound and wise research to make a choice right for you!! Macrolane injection?? 571992 xx

Hope you make it quicker than me....my life could have been soo much better if I had.
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 10th January 2010, 1:26 pm

nads wrote:
_Carrie_ wrote: (I think I'm right in saying that with overs it's very unlikely)
Not true. Many girls with overs have breastfed successfully, its women with aerola incisions who may have difficulty in breasfeeding as the milk ducts can be severed x

Oops - sorry - thanks for correcting me! x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolaB 11th January 2010, 11:27 am

Hi,

I had Macrolane 22 months ago and found it good for breast
shaping - I also had a top up not long ago. I've had a great experience
with Macrolane. The only side effect was some initial soreness
following the procedure but that soon went away. I haven't encountered
any long term side effects. I would recommend plastic surgeon - he carried out my procedure and I see him for regular
check-ups. He is always very caring.

I was actually so impressed with Macrolane that I agreed to create a video about my experience,
which is posted here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by nads on 11th January 2010, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed name)
NicolaB
NicolaB
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 23rd January 2010, 12:03 am

I had macrolane 9 months ago, it wore off after 4 months. Although it is advertised to last between 12 and 18 months, I have yet to find any reviews or backing for this claim. Most people I have heard of also had theirs vanish after 4-6 months. I think the time it lasts depends on your metabolism, but there is definitely some false advertising in claiming that it will last for a year. Apart from feeling as though I had wasted my money, it does give the promised results for a short time. I have heard horror stories of lumpy or hard breasts but I did not experience any of this. The first week was painful, but manageable with pain killers. Personally I found it painful to raise my arms up or outwards, so things like turning door handles or reaching for things was a struggle, so the claim that you can go straight back to work I would say is not suitable for everyone and I consider myself to have a high pain threshold. I was also quite sick on the first night with temperature and vomiting, but I think this was just my bodies reaction to the procedure. I was fine the next day. My breasts were quite hard for about 2-3 weeks, but with regular massaging they soon became soft and felt natural.
If you have the funds to part with thousands of pounds twice a year to maintain the look then I would say this procedure is worth it, if you do not want to go through surgery. I do not have the money to keep up such a procedure and therefore I would advise anyone wanting larger breasts for the long term to consider augmentation instead. If it is just a confidence boost for a holiday and you can afford and accept that it is not a very long lasting change then I would recommend it. Personally I did not think it lived up to the hype.
I went to the body perfect clinic on harley street. The doctors, a married couple who work together, made me feel at ease and were very nice. The receptionist however was a pig.
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by Viclove 27th July 2011, 9:13 pm

Hi. I hope you don't mind me asking.. how did your BA go with macrolane, did they remove it ok and have you had any problems since? Its nearly 2 years for me and I still have not returned to my normal size. Going for a consultation soon, I have been advised I can get it done but there is an increased risk of problems? Many thanks x
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 27th July 2011, 9:58 pm

Hi,

For me there was about a 2 year gap between the macrolane and my BA. And there was definately not any macrolane left. I was back to my original size about 4 months after macrolane.
I guess everyones bodies react differently to it, but there doesn't seem to be quite enough research on it. I remember reading once that if you wanted to have the macrolane removed that they could inject a solution that would dissolve it or get rid of it somehow. I'm sure if you talk about it during your consultation the surgeon will have had some experience with it. Good luck! x
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Macrolane injection?? Empty Many thanks xx

Post by Viclove 28th July 2011, 10:27 pm

Malibu wrote:Hi,

For me there was about a 2 year gap between the macrolane and my BA. And there was definately not any macrolane left. I was back to my original size about 4 months after macrolane.
I guess everyones bodies react differently to it, but there doesn't seem to be quite enough research on it. I remember reading once that if you wanted to have the macrolane removed that they could inject a solution that would dissolve it or get rid of it somehow. I'm sure if you talk about it during your consultation the surgeon will have had some experience with it. Good luck! x
Viclove
Viclove
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down