Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling worried..... need to chill

+3
Loxxie
mizzpink23
emma4
7 posters

Go down

Feeling worried..... need to chill Empty Feeling worried..... need to chill

Post by emma4 21st March 2010, 11:29 am

Hi,
To start with i need to do something about this because i dont want it getting the better of me ..... The night b4 my first consult i believe i had a panic attack the chest pains were terrible and i couldnt breath propperly so i had to call ambulance but turned out it only lasted for approx 10min, they said was prob a panic attack :(

So what im worrying about now is having more closer to the run up of my surgery..... its getting so close now and im a bit worried my anxiety is rearly going to kick in help .
I def dont want it to get that bad that i bottle it because it so important to me. help

So my question is did any of you ladies have any of this and would you recommend takeing an anxiety pill on the day to chill me out a bit?
Thanx xx
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Feeling worried..... need to chill Empty Re: Feeling worried..... need to chill

Post by mizzpink23 21st March 2010, 12:06 pm

hi ya, i was meant to be having my op done last aug and in the run up to that,i sufferd with panic attacks, its really scary!! but i think youve just got to talk yourself out of it.i used to get them at night when i was in bed,probly coz i was thinking about the surgery as it was quiet and my mind just goes into overdrive.when i felt then comming on i just got out of bed, made a drink and then it just went.luckily, for my op when it did actually happen i didnt get any panic attacks, luckily.i think you just need to try not to worry and keep yourself busy.a panic attack isnt dangerous to you but can feel like your going to die! but rember your not, just breath and the feeling will pass. if your really worried then maybe go and see your gp for advice on anxiety pills etc x
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by Loxxie 21st March 2010, 12:11 pm

hiya Emma Feeling worried..... need to chill 855564 Yep,i had quite bad panic attacks as my surgery drew closer,so the nurse recommended "Kalms" daytime to help chill me out a bit(Best check with your surgeon first)and they did help to take the edge off. Also when i got to the hospital on the day of surgery i told my nurse that i wanted the surgery 100% but was scared that my panic attacks+nerves would get the better of me so i was given my pre-med extra early......which worked a treat+I felt flippin wonderful!! Feeling worried..... need to chill 557141
Loxxie
Loxxie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2102

Back to top Go down

Post by Cally 21st March 2010, 12:27 pm

Hi Emma, I'm feeling exactly the same....can't think about the op too much or I get myself into a complete state. I spoke to my ps about this when I went for my consult, as I had visions of either legging it or passing out on the day, and I will be have a pre op sedative to hopefully help settle me down a bit. Maybe ask if you will be able to have one...I'm sure you won't be the first to ask xx
Cally
Cally
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 446

Back to top Go down

Post by macca8 21st March 2010, 12:39 pm

I think once you know you're having a panic attack you can try to talk yourself out of it.
I haven't suffered panic attacks exactly, but I started suffering with pains in my chest a few years ago. It terrified me, I thought I was having a heart attack or it was caused by smoking (I was a heavy smoker at the time). When the doc said it was anxiety attacks i thought 'yeah right, I don't have anxiety!'. But after i thought about it, it made sense, i had alot of stressfull stuff going on.
Now if i ever get pains in my chest i think about whats bothering me and how to make it better.

Anxiety and panic attacks are your bodys way of telling you that you need to chill out! :-)
Take a bath, treat yourself, talk to your friends and family or someone about whats bothering you.

Hope you learn to cope with them :-)
xx
macca8
macca8
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by emma4 21st March 2010, 9:41 pm

Thanx for the advice Give You
This is such a nerve racking time and it looks like im not the only one thats had this problem :(.
The pre med is that a relaxant or what is its perpose? i will def ask hmg about that one,
I know what u mean it always hits me when i go to bed too, its the only chance i have to think lol (i have 4 small children).
thanx again and i hope i manage to get over it xx
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 22nd March 2010, 8:23 am

i use to suffer with these to exercise and listening to water runing on a relexation cd helped me clear my mind and they have stopped since doing these both
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by JNo101 22nd March 2010, 8:54 am

hi emma.the nurses will be able to give you something like diazepam/valium, they often give them out before various surgeries for worried people. its a sedative and relaxant. just make sure you tell them as soon as you arrive that you suffer with panic attacks and they might be able to give you a stronger dose. it wont knock you out, i take them occassioanlly for anxiety, they just chill you out, its a nice feeling. xxx
JNo101
JNo101
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by emma4 22nd March 2010, 10:28 am

Thanx JNo thats such a comfort to know :) im terrified but think its more the unknown as ive never had an op before,
Only 19 days to go and i will have boobies yahoo
So exited aswell lol. xx
emma4
emma4
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down