Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what size for overs?

+8
LJK
MarieMc85
Funkygirl
COOKIE
Jemmy
mum23boys
misf1
red77
12 posters

Go down

what size for overs? Empty what size for overs?

Post by red77 15th February 2010, 9:18 pm

Hello

Im hoping to have a BA this year although Ive not made any appts with surgeons yet and to be honest dont really no where to start!

Anyway Im trying to research everything as much as I can first and was just wondering what size you have to be for overs? I think my main reason for overs is as they are supposed to be less painful! Im currently a 32a so not sure if i would have enough tissue?

I was also wondering if anyone could recommend any websites where i can view realsitic before/after results? Ive looked on some surgeons websites but obvioulsy they are only going to post there best ones on there and what im struggling to get my head round is how implants would look on me? I also wonder what my nipples would look like on bigger boobs?!

I hope this all makes sense and Ive not rambled too much!
red77
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

what size for overs? Empty Re: what size for overs?

Post by misf1 15th February 2010, 9:57 pm

Hi hun Welcome to the forum, I think a surgeon would need to see you to decide whether you have enough tissue for overs. I was a 32A and think I just about managed to pass for overs. I wouldn't worry too much about the pain aspect as you will be given painkillers and as long as you keep on top of them you shouldn't be in pain, maybe a bit of discomfort. I just used google to find before and after pics, a lot were American but it gives you a good idea. As for finding places to go for consultations I googled places in my area and contacted them.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 16th February 2010, 7:44 am

Hi and welcome to the forum what size for overs? 536278 .

It's really up the surgeon as to whether you have overs or unders but they all have different opinions. I was offered overs by one surgeon and unders by another so it may well be your choice in the end.

This is an american website but it has loads of before and after pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 16th February 2010, 8:25 am

I was only offered unders as I had enough tissue to cover the implant. But I think it's for your surgeon to decide to be honest. X
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th February 2010, 8:49 am

Unders/overs?!?! Who cares!!! As long as you get the look you hope to achieve that's the main goal surely?! and your surgeon is ALWAYS the best person to give you that advice hunni.

There is some fantastic advice on this forum, for ladies such as yourself, wanting a BA, but struggling to know where to start.

To the left of the forum hun you'll see some fab links under the 'Consultation notebook' and 'I'm new, where do I begin' it's a wonderful place to start and have a good read through.

Good luck on your journey hunni and if you have any questions, there's always someone here happy to help! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 16th February 2010, 5:15 pm

I agree with the girlies above, it's your SURGEON who is best qualified to give advice on placement...

I too had 2 surgeons recc unders and 1 recc overs, my decision to go with overs was based on my gut instinct and how comfortable and safe I felt with that surgeon. I knew he was the one I wanted to perform my op, regardless of what placement he advised.

Good luck on your boobie journey! x x what size for overs? 184153
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 16th February 2010, 5:25 pm

Hi,

I was a 32B and was recommended overs by both surgeons that I saw. I was told by one surgeon that you qualify for overs in you can pinch 2.5 inches of tissue at the top of your breasts???

I was told that I wouldn't be able to get the size that I wanted if I had unders as the surgeon would not be able to fit any implant bigger than a 350 under the muscle. (I had 410 overs).
So, it also depends on how big you want to go as well.

I also googled before and after pics. I took photos of the look and size I wanted to my consultations to give the surgeon an idea of what I wanted.

Good luck

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 16th February 2010, 8:56 pm

when i went for my first meeting with a patient co-ordinator, i was showed plenty of before and after photos. Best to get yourself an appointment and take it from there. I went with Transform and there were no charges for seeing a patient co ordinator or a surgeon,- could have seen as many i was wanted for free. Also best to get some professional advise rather than looking on the web.
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 16th February 2010, 11:12 pm

cookie wrote:Unders/overs?!?! Who cares!!! As long as you get the look you hope to achieve that's the main goal surely?! and your surgeon is ALWAYS the best person to give you that advice hunni.

I completely agree with cookie what size for overs? 184153 .

A good idea is to take some pics of the look you are after to consultations and your surgeon/s will be able to advise you of the best size, shape, profile and placement best suited to you, in order to get the look you want to achieve.

Good luck hun!
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by kayla 17th February 2010, 8:26 am

I thought I was only suitable for unders but at the three consults I've had thus far, have been told unders would be a disaster for me - my breasts sit too low and I would end up very quickly with double bubble!
I apparently have lots of breast tissue so overs aren't a prob but I wouldn't have known this had I not gone for a consult.
I would get the consult done then look for pics you like the look of as I liked the look Gemma Atkinson has post her BA but she had anatomical unders whereas I need round overs so her look for me is unlikely which I've found a bit upsetting - so best not to get too set on a look till you know which camp you are in so to speak.

Good luck with getting it all started!! Exciting times!!
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryCheesecake 17th February 2010, 11:21 am

I agree with what the other girls have said here and I think you really won't know what's best until you have seen a few surgeons to get an idea of what your options are. There re nearly always multiple options.

Also, when I was researching for my uplift and BA I actually found that it wasn't until I started seeing real girls' pics from UK forums that I actually felt really positive about the whole thing. I found that some of the pics on the American sites weren't even as good as the results I saw from the UK, especially when it came to the whole uplift issue.

My advice would be to stick with this site, it really is fantastic help. Join in on the posts and get to know people a bit, and then I'm sure there will be loads of girls willing to share their own experiences and results with you from their picturetrail accounts. I found that really useful as you can then start to find ladies who have had the same surgeons you may consider later. Or you can sift through to find girls with the same placement/ implant type/ hospital or stats and body type to you pre and post BA.

Just don't be afraid to get involved and ask loads of questions, it all adds to the forum and makes it even better everyday. And the girls on here are a real laugh sometimes, even when it comes to other topics like fashion, TV or swapping recipe advice, things like that.
:-)

Very best of luck!!

X X X
CherryCheesecake
CherryCheesecake
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by red77 17th February 2010, 11:07 pm

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I did look at some of the american sites but i always feel they dont seems as real - maybe because they use different terminology?

ive got enough courage now to book an appt with a surgeon! i will let you know how i get on.

XX
red77
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by crazzycat 19th February 2010, 12:24 pm

hope you will decide what you want soon)
crazzycat
crazzycat
Advertiser!

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down