Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports bras

+12
AdrianneSamuella
Stephy x
eastla
nads
COOKIE
hotcaz
misf1
alfie
claire265
bock
kayla
Funkygirl
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sports bras Empty Sports bras

Post by Funkygirl 8th February 2010, 9:00 pm

Okay so I have 1 month WOOP WOOP to go until my BA day, but I'm starting to get myself organised from now Sports bras 727935

I have been told by my ps to bring one size sports bra, for after the op. Just to be on the side side, I was going to take a few as surely there will be swelling and then what if the bra I have with me doesn't fit...It will really stress me out on the day if this happens and I have no bra!? Sports bras Icon_eek

So, I am currently a 30 back size and a small B. I have been told to bring a D cup sports bra. So do I take a 30D and a 30DD just in incase, or shall I take a bigger band size too because of the swelling.

Thanks ladies... Sports bras 948189 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Sports bras Empty Re: Sports bras

Post by kayla 8th February 2010, 9:13 pm

The info and posts I've found on this subject suggest a bigger band size and even for the day or two after two band sizes bigger, so a 32 and a 34 for you.
I would have thought you would only need the 34 for a few days though so a cheap one would be a better buy!
And I would also as you say take a DD too to allow for boobies and dressings.
I am hopefully going to book for the end of March and can't resist bying already, just feels like I'm doing something you know?

Have fun xx
kayla
kayla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 8th February 2010, 9:42 pm

Hi Kayla,

Okay so I guess I will take a 30D/DD, 32D/DD, 34D/34DD, OMG that's a lot of bras Sports bras 70324 . It will be mad wearing a 34 as Mr Liew said I actually measure only just a 28!! He told me to bring only one, even I know you don't take one size!

Ooooooh I've just noticed that I'm a "top poster" Sports bras 727935

How exciting!! Sports bras 43418 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bock 8th February 2010, 10:14 pm

I was a 36C and my surgeon said bring a 36DD bra.... so i just took one 36DD bra lol

There is a lot of swelling but providing you havn't bought a 30 A and you're 36H it will just offer a little extra support which is LOVELY when you lay down lol.
Mine were very swollen and now are a 36E so even though my sports bra was too small it was still comfy and helped me sleep because it kept everything in place.

I'd just go for the 30D..sports bras are stretchy anyway and you'll most likely be at your most swollen straight after the ba and it will go down within the few days after that. Most surgery have spare garments just in case-i know mine did.
bock
bock
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1910

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 8th February 2010, 10:23 pm

Thanks Bock,

I can just imagine Mr Liew's face if I emptied out my bag of bras and I had about 6 Sports bras 70324 and I think my OH would think i've gone mad! I just want to get everything right thou, I'm a bit OCD like that, I get neurotic about everything, god help my OH on op day Sports bras 70324 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by claire265 8th February 2010, 10:38 pm

Hi - I was a 32a pre op (although never measured so probs more a 30b/c - I measure 26 round the ribs!) I was told to take in a 32c which I did but by day 2 had to go out and buy a 34c due to swelling. After a week I was back down into the 32c and then by 3 weeks into a 32d.
Claire xx
claire265
claire265
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 8th February 2010, 10:47 pm

Thanks Claire,

There doesn't seem to be a defintate answer, which makes sense due to the swelling going up then down. I may just take a few and the ones I don't wear just take back. I just didn't want to leave the house for a good few days, as I'll be so scared someones going to knock into my boobies and hurt them... Sports bras 856466

Hopefully I'll have the right size in my selection Sports bras 184153 if not i'll send mum out to get the right one..x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by claire265 8th February 2010, 11:11 pm

I send my mum out for the 34c one the next day lol!! The M&S zip up one was good for getting on and off easily!
Claire x
claire265
claire265
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 8th February 2010, 11:18 pm

Yeah I have that type on my list, the M&S zip up/fasten ones. I may just get a 32D and 32DD and 34D and a 34DD, that's 4, I don't think I will swell up to a 36...i'm between 28-30. I think a 32 and 34 will be my best bet...

What's my PS thinking..."Oooooo just bring a 30D"...er does he not think I will swell up Sports bras 70324 . x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 9th February 2010, 2:17 pm

Hey Funkygirl Mr Liew told me to just bring one size aswell hun, I even e-mailed MyBreast because I thought I'd misheard him...but no...he said to just take a 34D. I bought a DD a too just incase. I did finish up using the DD, but I didn't need a bigger back size, so I mustn't have swelled up.
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 9th February 2010, 2:25 pm

Hey alfie,

It's great that we both have Mr Liew Sports bras 727935 , I thought I'd misheard the first time too and so asked him again at my second consultation, but nope he said just bring the one. Ooooo that's good that you didn't swell, I'm quite bad with bruising and swelling, I really do bruise like a peach!

I may just take a 30D, 30DD, 32D. Hopefully one of these will be okay, if not i'll send my other half to get one or my mum when I get home!

Sorry I meant to ask Mr L, but I can ask you too. After the op, they put you in dressing and then they put you in the sports bra you bring with you, is that right?

In my leaflets that MB sent, it says "you will be fitted with a surgical support bra" so is this the sports bra Mr L has told me to bring, or do they put you in something else?

Thanks hun! Sports bras 571992 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 9th February 2010, 2:33 pm

It's the sports bra that you bring with you hun. When you go down to theatre you take it with you.

When you said you bruise like a peach, I actually bruise very easy and I was very surprised to have no bruising whatsoever. Perhaps Mr L has magic hands lol.

xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 9th February 2010, 2:47 pm

Yay for Mr Liew Sports bras 727935 I have seen pictures of his work and his scars are FABULOUS too!

I can't wait for Mr L to work his magic on me too Sports bras 923101

Oh okay that makes sense, I thought this "surgical support bra" was some other bra Sports bras 70324 godness knows how many bras I was thinking I would have to wear Sports bras 70324

Thanks hun, appreciate your help. x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th February 2010, 4:56 pm

I went mad and bought lots of sports bras I had 1 good one which was my Z bra in a 34E which I was told to buy and bought a 34D/DD and 36D/DD. I found I couldn't wear the 34 band after my op, as it was so tight it was painful, so wore the 36D and DD 1st few weeks as I had loads of swelling around my ribs.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 9th February 2010, 5:32 pm

Thanks misf1, yeah I've got the Z bra on my list, from M&S. I will get the size 30D my ps has said to buy in this bra, and maybe a 30DD too just in case. I'll then purchase some other ones in a 32 back too, just in case after the op I can't fit into the 30 due to swelling. I'd rather have them just in case and then if I don't end up wearing then, mum can take them back.

Oooooo I can't believe only 27 days to go Sports bras 727935 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hotcaz 9th February 2010, 7:27 pm

im normally a 32 band size, but i bought a couple of sports bras in a 34 to wear straight after my op cos of the swelling, they were alot more comfortable tbh for the first week or so xx
hotcaz
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1848

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 9th February 2010, 7:34 pm

hotcaz wrote:im normally a 32 band size, but i bought a couple of sports bras in a 34 to wear straight after my op cos of the swelling, they were alot more comfortable tbh for the first week or so xx

Thanks hun, yeah I think I will buy some the back size I am now to wear later, but also some 32 back size ones to account for the swelling. I'll be getting some when I go shopping Thursday and I know it's only to buy sports bras but i'm so excited to buy D/DD bras! Sports bras 727935
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th February 2010, 7:55 pm

I went up a band size too after my surgery, it was hard to believe pre-BA they would ever fit! LOL
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 9th February 2010, 8:05 pm

cookie wrote:I went up a band size too after my surgery, it was hard to believe pre-BA they would ever fit! LOL

Sports bras 557141 It's true Cookie, If I end up wearing a 34, it will be mad, I will keep it as a souvenir, along with 1 pre-op bra...
So excited to go and buy some big boobie sports bras Sports bras 727935 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th February 2010, 8:07 pm

haha! I had to wear a 36 band! I could wear them as hats now! Sports bras 557141
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th February 2010, 8:10 pm

I would definately get at least a 32 band because you will have a lot of swelling and if its too tight after it can make you feel quite faint, which isnt nice. Buy a couple of sizes hun, better to be prepared x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 9th February 2010, 8:22 pm

Cookie hun, your so Sports bras 557141 , I'm going to see how many pre-op bras I can fit into my post-op bras! Sports bras 70324

Nads, thanks for the advice hun, I will buy a few definately, I mean if I don't wear them I can always take them back. I will have a selection to choose from at the beginning, who knows how much i'll swell, it's like how long is a piece of string!

x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 20th February 2010, 2:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nightmare !!!!!!!

Sports bra's sold out on M&S !!

The only ones I can get are these do you think they would be ok ?

Will be getting 34D and 34DD sizes.
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 20th February 2010, 6:01 pm

HI there,

I only took 1 in, a 34D. Pre BA i was a 34A/32B...def a 32 band but a 34 more comfy for me. Same now, i measure a 32DD but wear a 34D. I never had much swelling at all. I bought a Z bra recommened by my PS.....OMG it it the most comfy bra ever!!! I did have some M & S ones which are nice now but early on the were quite harsh to wear (not zip front though)

Z Bra's are expensive but if you can get away with just buying 1 then great :-) you can buy 2 apparently from them & which ever one you don;t use you can return (you get 14 days)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

p.s i found this bra great as it comes low ish at the front so you are not that limited on which clothes you wear. My M & S ones i can't wear with everthing as the bra shows at the top :-(
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianneSamuella 20th February 2010, 9:29 pm

Thank you Stephyx. I know my op is still a long way to go but I'll get the Z bra too !
AdrianneSamuella
AdrianneSamuella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next