Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Implants!

+2
Funkygirl
BoobiePrize
6 posters

Go down

Implants! Empty Implants!

Post by BoobiePrize 11th January 2010, 5:23 pm

Its doing my head in.

I've found my surgeon and the comapny has good aftercare but I've recently noticed that since my consult they've changed their brand of implants.

I've been researching the best implants for me for ages and finally settled in my mind that the Allegan Inspira's were best for 2 reasons

a)they have been subject to testing before receiving FDA approval
b) they have a lifetime guarntee so if anything went wrong at least I wouldn't have to fork out for new implants

Now if I really want to go with MB I have to settle for nagors which I know nothing about and even though they also have a lifetime guarntee how more likely is it I'll need new implants than if I had FDA approved implants.

Nagors wording and product brochure is v. similar to Allergans which is odd. I now have to research a whole other set of implants or change to a company that do my preferred implants but then look for a different surgeon.

I wonder if I asked if they'd give me Inspira's still... what do you girls think?
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Implants! Empty Re: Implants!

Post by Funkygirl 11th January 2010, 5:38 pm

Ola BP,
I don't know much about that yet hun, still in my researching/consultation booking stage (having lots of fun). However, I have been reading quite a few threads about the change over and it's slightly worrying me too as most ladies are loving the Allergans but at the moment i'm favouring MB, but they no longer do these apparently and like you know not much about these "nagors". Are they both FDA approved?

Any help ladies would be greatly appreciated.... Implants! 751387 x x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 11th January 2010, 5:40 pm

I asked my surgeon about the change to nagor although I still got inspiras as that is what I'd paid for and he said they were much of a muchness.

I think the biggest difference for MB is they don't have to import them from the US so they get them a bit cheaper.

The decision is yours but there are girls on here with nagors who are more than happy, x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th January 2010, 8:19 pm

I know James McDiarmid one of the resident surgeons on here who is BAAPS registered answered a question on PIP implants and mentions the safest implants in his opinion, which include nagor, see here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe you could ask him his opinion on the nagor vs allergan inspira?
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 11th January 2010, 8:27 pm

BoobiePrize wrote:Its doing my head in.

I've found my surgeon and the comapny has good aftercare but I've recently noticed that since my consult they've changed their brand of implants.

I've been researching the best implants for me for ages and finally settled in my mind that the Allegan Inspira's were best for 2 reasons

a)they have been subject to testing before receiving FDA approval

Do you know if/ when they were approved by the FDA?

b) they have a lifetime guarntee so if anything went wrong at least I wouldn't have to fork out for new implants

Have you checked what they are guaranteed for?

Now if I really want to go with MB I have to settle for nagors which I know nothing about and even though they also have a lifetime guarntee how more likely is it I'll need new implants than if I had FDA approved implants.

Nagors wording and product brochure is v. similar to Allergans which is odd. I now have to research a whole other set of implants or change to a company that do my preferred implants but then look for a different surgeon.

I wonder if I asked if they'd give me Inspira's still... what do you girls think?

BP!!

This is what I done before making a final decision

I would compare both impalnts and others, also wording of guarantees to compare before deciding, as they dont both /all cover for 'anything' and everything for ''Your' lifetime'

Ownership/founding directors/ownership of the company
why /how they sound/look the same?
Are any FDA approved? How important is that?
Quality checked other than FDA?
Why are allergen praised on forums?
Why are other makes 'considered' by some, inferior?
Any 'valid' info. on problems
Surgeons educated opinion/not clinics

Any respected surgeon/clinic/company should offer choice, may be extra cost from some. Loads more questions to ask too...I Know my head was hanging by my shoulders for a long time Implants! 536278 back it is worth it in the end.

Hope that helps a bit, as it has to be an informed decision to get what is best for you.

Good Luck!!
Mia x
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 11th January 2010, 8:37 pm

misf1 wrote:I know James McDiarmid one of the resident surgeons on here who is BAAPS registered answered a question on PIP implants and mentions the safest implants in his opinion, which include nagor, see here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe you could ask him his opinion on the nagor vs allergan inspira?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, for some reason I didn't remember reading that part of his post, I think I'll question him a bit more on the 'bleed' of the Nagors and how often he uses them

Implants! 184153
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 11th January 2010, 8:40 pm

Mia wrote:
I would compare both impalnts and others, also wording of guarantees to compare before deciding, as they dont both /all cover for 'anything' and everything for ''Your' lifetime'

Ownership/founding directors/ownership of the company
why /how they sound/look the same?
Are any FDA approved? How important is that?
Quality checked other than FDA?
Why are allergen praised on forums?
Why are other makes 'considered' by some, inferior?
Any 'valid' info. on problems
Surgeons educated opinion/not clinics

Mia, this is a fabulous checklist. I just keep gathering info but at least this way I can check things I've looked up off.

Out of interest has anyone gone with Nagor with MB even though they initally were told about Allergan?
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 11th January 2010, 8:55 pm

I have Nagor Impleos hun & they are on the same level as Inspira soft touch. I have a lifetime guarentee against CC & rupture so you can't get better than that :-)
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 11th January 2010, 9:00 pm

A few of the girls have Nagor and are very happy BP through The Firm.

I have Nagor amatomicals, though did have Allergan McGhan 410's (Only implants known to me to be FDA approved) at the hospital on the day. I choose the Nagor due to the better guarantee, feel, and greater size choice, and, had fantastic communication and info. on and from them. That has continued post-op from Nagor.

I would be happy to have Allergen and Mentor implants also, it is difficult not to put personal preferences onto others when responding. The same go for surgeons, some say they have 'the best surgeons' how would anyone know or prove that?????

I choose my surgeon based on much research and opinions, reccomendations from other consultants/surgeons via my work. I believe he is among the best, done a great op. for me, little known on here, and does not market himself widely. Perhaps a tad more expensive than some, but I did not put cost at top of my list and had much travel costs added to surgery costs. I am happy with everything.

Keep searching and questioning.........enjoy Implants! 571992 xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 11th January 2010, 9:22 pm

I will be doing some research on the Allergen Vs Nagor debate, however a company like Mybreast would not start using these other implants if theyb were not safe and to the highest standard. A company of that statue would not risk it. It's important that they they have a lifetime guarentee against CC and rupture and as stephy puts it, you can't get better than that Implants! 184153 x x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 11th January 2010, 9:26 pm

?Thanks Mia, that was really useful. I'll look up the guarntee again.

If anything its just for peace of mind more than to know all about implants lol

Who was your surgeon again?
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 11th January 2010, 10:21 pm

BoobiePrize wrote:?Thanks Mia, that was really useful. I'll look up the guarntee again.

If anything its just for peace of mind more than to know all about implants lol

Who was your surgeon again?

Sorry BP!! Logged off to refuel.....Yummy chocolate and tea Implants! 727935

Nick Percival done my op. Peace of mind is great and needed BP!! Hope I have'nt confused you with a small list of some of the questions I posed myself....there were many many more, just need to keep emotion and feelings intact and research with an open and logical head. You will just know when you find the best for you! All the best!! x
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 11th January 2010, 10:51 pm

I thought it was Percival! Yeah I've looked into him, he's good, and expensive! lol

I've found loads of info on the Nagors, just need to speak to my surgeon now.

Seems Nagors guarantee against capsular contracture as well as rupture whereas Allergan is only aagainst rupture.

Which is interesting as I always thought CC was something you attributed to the surgeons techique as apposed to the implants. So for a company to insure against CC is almost like admission that implants can be an issue with CC also... hmmm food for thought

Thanks again Mia Implants! 571992
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down