Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-Op Spire Anyone??

+3
alfie
Stephy x
helenascania
7 posters

Go down

Pre-Op Spire Anyone?? Empty Pre-Op Spire Anyone??

Post by helenascania 30th November 2009, 10:23 am

Hey, I had my pre-op on Friday 27th at Spire Hospital, Norwich and all they done was took my blood as the nurse said thats all that needed to be done. I was thinking my height, weight and MRSA swab but none of that. . . Should i ring my PS secetary and just check or will this be done the morning of my op?? x Pre-Op Spire Anyone?? Icon_eek Pre-Op Spire Anyone?? 751387
helenascania
helenascania
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Pre-Op Spire Anyone?? Empty Re: Pre-Op Spire Anyone??

Post by Stephy x 30th November 2009, 11:59 am

Hiya,
I am with the Spire (little aston) & i had blood, height & weight. No mrsa yet, not sure if i will now???

I would ring honey as it will put your mind at rest but my guess is you'll get height & weight on the day xx
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 30th November 2009, 1:52 pm

I'm panicking because all I've had done so far is MRSA. I e-mailed MyBreast and Tanecha said that the hospital would contact me...but so far nothing...I have my op two weeks today. I should definately have my bloods done shouldn't I, what do you ladies think?
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by helenascania 30th November 2009, 1:58 pm

I just spoke with the admissions department who said that unless i have a medical history then all i need is blood taken, then on the morning of op have my blood pressure, height & weight! Panic over lol. Not everybody has MRSA swab apparently.
My hospital said that if you are fit and healthy then the only thing you should have is your blood taken for your cell count, so i would have thought Alfie that you will have your blood taken, maybe you should try ringing them x
helenascania
helenascania
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 30th November 2009, 2:09 pm

you got more then what i got at my pre-op & i have a very complicated medical history!! All Transform did was asked me how much i weigh, my high & aload off health Q's , I didnt get a blood test ,which had i have not had my peo-op with the nhs 3 days before then i would have been really worried about having surgury as i dont feel the pre-ops with Transform are detailed enought to pick up on things. Like i say my NHS one (for a hernia) did full blood tests, MRSA swabs, weight me themself & told me if i lost 1 more lb they would not operate! went over my past details & all this took about 45 mins but my Transform one was in & out in 5 mins & with them telling me they just needed a letter from my G.p to say im fit & healthy for my op otherwise they wouldnt do it ! ( talk about shifing the blame if anything goes wrong!)

Have to say i do find it shocking that a Nhs pre-op lasts 45 mins but a private pre-op that you pay good money for is over in 5 mins & a complete waste off time! I always thought it would be the other way round!
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 30th November 2009, 2:35 pm

Helen - I am fit & healthy (exercise loads too) so not sure why i had weight & height done there & then?? 5ft 2 & 8.5 stone........hmmmmmm. Maybe they just work differently?? Glad you have it all sorted now though :-) great stuff xx

Alfie - I would ring & double check honey just to make sure. Yuo don't want it being a clerical error that you didn't have bloods as it could delay your op.....phone for peace of mind babe xx
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 30th November 2009, 2:38 pm

Helen - Forgot to say, its noce to know that not everyone has the mrsa swab.....i was worried about that one too :-) xx
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by michas 30th November 2009, 9:01 pm

Hi Helen - I was with Spire Thames Valley - and I had a specific appointment for MRSA stuff - they asked me loads of questions, took blood, swabs up my nose and all sorts. Im sure they all just have different practices.... but, it wont be done morning of the op, as if they found you had it, they wouldnt be able to operate. Definitely worth ringing your surgeon and putting your mind at rest.

x
michas
michas
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 295

Back to top Go down

Post by helenascania 1st December 2009, 7:31 am

Thanx everyone. I rang the admission department at hopsital yesterday and they said that i will have height, weight and blood pressure done on morning of op and that i didnt need anything else done . . . guess every practice is different x
helenascania
helenascania
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 3rd December 2009, 7:57 pm

I had my BA with Spire Cardiff. Everyone was lovely. I never had any pre-op tests. Everything was done on the morning of the op. Temperature, weight, blood pressure.

It'll all be done x
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by helenascania 4th December 2009, 7:40 am

Thanx Jemmy x
helenascania
helenascania
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by scarybiscuits 5th December 2009, 9:01 am

hey i am a spires gal too and on my pre op we jus went though some questions. didnt even have blood pressure taken!!!
i had obs done on the morning of op but no bloods or swabs taken so i wouldnt worry :) x
scarybiscuits
scarybiscuits
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down