Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Advice for reducing Swelling/Hardness?

+6
nads
katie
annefinackapan
sarahsbabies
Mia
ShootingStar
10 posters

Go down

Any Advice for reducing Swelling/Hardness? Empty Any Advice for reducing Swelling/Hardness?

Post by ShootingStar 29th November 2009, 9:14 pm

Hi girls, My right breast is much harder compared to the left and i was wondering if anyone had any tips to reduce swelling & the hardness, it has had a bleed this side so am presuming this is perhaps the cause of the problem?

Is Arnica any good for this?

Is there anything else i could try or do to help it?

I have a surgical bra and a tubi-grip around my chest applying pressure and stability

group hug x x
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Any Advice for reducing Swelling/Hardness? Empty Re: Any Advice for reducing Swelling/Hardness?

Post by Mia 29th November 2009, 9:26 pm

Hi SS!!

I honestly think you would be wisest to seek advice from your surgeon with how best to help with this. You really do not want to be doing anything to disrupt healing. Could you ring the ward where you were and ask tonight? Or leave a message for surgeon to call you?

Arnica does help with swelling and bruising in my opinion, also ice packs. again though I would check first.

Hope you are feeling a tad better?

Thinking of you constantly Any Advice for reducing Swelling/Hardness? 571992 xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Any Advice for reducing Swelling/Hardness? Empty Re: Any Advice for reducing Swelling/Hardness?

Post by sarahsbabies 29th November 2009, 9:32 pm

I don't think Arnica helped me one little bit, but I did get some relief from a bag of frozen peas. But the key is not to overdo it when you do get that relief as you will set yourself back again. I did....

So glad everything is going better for you, as Mia said, thinking about you constantly as well xxx

group hug
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 29th November 2009, 9:35 pm

I would definately seek advice from the experts on this one given recent events.
I know its difficult but just have a little patience and rest as much as you can - youve got lots of important healing to do.

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 29th November 2009, 9:37 pm

SS, I am delighted to see you back, but gutted about issues, of course, cold pack will reduce swelling but is also going to reduce blood flow... one hand you want this, other hand you need it for repair...... moderation babe, do anything in moderation.. and please take it easy..... Any Advice for reducing Swelling/Hardness? 67188 xxxxxxxxxx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 29th November 2009, 9:39 pm

Thanks for the advice girls, i think i will ask the surgeon too then,

Sarah did you have a problem with swelling hun? if so, how long did it last?

x x group hug
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 29th November 2009, 9:56 pm

Hi hun, i would leave that boobie alone to heal for a while now, its been through too much, it will soften over time. You dont want to do anything that can upset it again x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 29th November 2009, 10:51 pm

nads wrote:Hi hun, i would leave that boobie alone to heal for a while now, its been through too much, it will soften over time. You dont want to do anything that can upset it again x

You're right hun, it is pretty hard and sore to touch right now and i remember the same last time but on a much worse scale, it never went then though and i lost the implant, i will continue with the Ibuprofen & antibiotics for a week as the surgeon suggested aswell as the tight strapping and just wait and see what he says on Friday

x x
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 29th November 2009, 10:58 pm

ice packs and eat lots of vegies for your vitamins
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 30th November 2009, 12:16 am

I can't go on what I experienced with my BA but I recently had a wisdom tooth out and the swelling and bleeding was awful. I took the antibiotics (Augmentin) and penecilline and also took arnica. I found time is the only healer. My face was huge painfull swollen and hard. It was so bad I could neither close or open my jaw as swelling prevented it. They did so much work on that tooth and my jaw bone that even now after 10 days I still have a hard lump of swelling although the bleeding has stopped. Your mouth is the fastest healing part of you as they say. So I'm sure due to the amount of work done on your one breast it has caused the hardness of swelling there, which you will experience for a few more weeks, when your body gets over this trauma which it is doing through causeing the swelling to protect itself your boob will soften. Don't think of it as a bad thing just your body doing what it needs to, to enable it to heal. Just look after yourself, eat good foods as nat says as your body will need to have these good vitamins more than normal to continue to heal itself quickly. Get plenty of sleep as our bodies need this time to heal and the more you sleep the more it can concentrate on healing. Just take extra special care of yourself now.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 30th November 2009, 6:30 am

.x. Oh SS really been thinking of you and have EVERYTHING crossed for you that your healing goes to plan this time around. I wouldwait and just get some advice or ressurance on friday but be extra careful with yourself huni and be on the safe side, if you think there is a problem before friday or any changes that cause you concern, at least call them or even go to your GP but speak to/see someone about it. If it seems to be ok and you can wait until your appointment then just keep an eye on it until then. IMO the arnica did help with my healing but I started taking it twice a day for 2 weeks beforehand as well as after. Also, ice packs etc do help but I would be tempted in your case to leave that boobie alone and try not to do anything to it at all until your sugeon has checked it out on friday xxxxx

group hug
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 30th November 2009, 9:20 am

ShootingStar wrote:
Sarah did you have a problem with swelling hun? if so, how long did it last?

x x group hug

My swelling lasted about 2 weeks, first week the worst. Give your surgeon a ring and ask him if there is anything you can do to relieve it before you do anything. Hope things are improving everyday for you. I know I didn't see any improvement for ages, then at about 4 weeks things started to get better. Still got one painful boob though Shocked
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 30th November 2009, 10:32 am

Thanks for the tips girls i am definately not eating well right now so vitamins might be a good idea so i don't get too run down

It's the fact of it being rock hard that concerns me but only because it was like this last time and never got better i guess i am panicking a bit.

Roll on Friday so i know what to expect next and hopefully get some advice for the swelling

group hug x x x
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ruby roo 30th November 2009, 12:35 pm

hey ss, hope your getting on ok. i found ice packs were brillant for me i even woke up with on on after ga, and had them my whole stay at hospital and i carried on using them. it was the bottom of my ribcage that hurt the most. def ring ps and see if that is and opition cuz they do work wonders also take the edge of pain away if you are in any.. hope that helps big hugs serena xx
ruby roo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 910

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down