Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

arnica

+4
cakey_baby
fluffy_bunn1e
jadeyspadey
kerry
8 posters

Go down

arnica Empty arnica

Post by kerry 6th October 2009, 9:57 am

hi peeps

i have been advised to purchase arnica to help with the recovery process,

does anyone know when i should start to take this? i.e a week/few days before my op, or straight away after op?

please advise.

thanks
kez xx
kerry
kerry
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

arnica Empty Re: arnica

Post by jadeyspadey 6th October 2009, 10:14 am

when i had a rhinoplasty i had to take it for 2 weeks b4 the op and 2 weeks after aswel i think, it really helped i had hardly any bruises but it may be different for boobs xxxxxxx
jadeyspadey
jadeyspadey
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 6th October 2009, 10:23 am

ooh Jade you ve had rhinoplasty? im having that aswell as my boob job in 9 days, any ips?

ive been told i cn take arnica if i want too, but its not proven to work, and to take it 2 days before op?!

weird we get told different things, i looked in boots-cant find the tablets, must go to a health food shop xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by jadeyspadey 6th October 2009, 10:29 am

I went with harley medical and they gave me the arnica tablets at my final consult but i think ive seen them in the chemist before so u shud be able to find them! Yeah they really do work! Like i watch all the extreme makeover shows n wen ppl hav rhinoplasty they look like theyve been in a boxing ring wen they come out but seriously i just had blackey yellow bags under my eyes for about a week and could cover them with make up after a few days so definately take it! also i always have millions of bruises on my legs n they all disapeared wen i took it too so it must work! rhinoplasty isnt painful at all i felt like i had a cold when i woke up from the op and thats all it felt like for the whole of the recovery just was a bit uncomfortable sleeping sitting up so get lots of pillows and a bit hard to get used to breathing through my mouth kept choking wen i was eating haha! and it is the best feeling in the world wen they take the plaster off i cried my eyes out because i couldnt believe it was my nose xxxxxxxxx
jadeyspadey
jadeyspadey
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 6th October 2009, 10:31 am

oh wow hun, did you have closed or open rhinoplasty?
and when are you having your BA? xxx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jadeyspadey 6th October 2009, 10:35 am

i have no idea the whole thing was a mad rush i burst into tears looking at a picture of myself one day booked at consult and had it done within a month so i didnt really think about anything the man just showed me on the computer what he could do and i was like yep i want it how soon can u do it?! I had the bump filed right down so it was like a ski slope, i had the 2 sides of my nose broken to make it narrower and i also had the tip made higher so i dont know whether that would be open or closed? it was all done in an hour though xxx
jadeyspadey
jadeyspadey
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jadeyspadey 6th October 2009, 10:36 am

oh and im getting a full anchor lift with implants in january hopefully, i cant book it yet i've finally sorted out finding the deposit but still waiting for mybreast to send me the finance application form ive rang them 3 times now !!!! xxx
jadeyspadey
jadeyspadey
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kerry 6th October 2009, 11:00 am

i bought my arnica from holland and barret health store, £5.50 it cost me for the higher dosage.
think ill take it a few days before hand, i wanna help myself heal as much as possible, im a wimp when it comes to pain! lol
ill be popping pain killers and arnica like smarties!! haha xx
kerry
kerry
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 6th October 2009, 11:29 am

what doseage do we need hun? xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 6th October 2009, 12:11 pm

I took arnica a week before and a few days after, i got mine from holland and barretts in a little purple tube i was told to take 30cc hope this helps!

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 6th October 2009, 12:42 pm

I was originally having my BA with Transform and was told to take the 30cc too. I got mine from Boots x
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 6th October 2009, 12:48 pm

Thanks ladies, i did look in boots but could only find the gels and creams . ill try holand and barrats, asda do it too. xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 7th October 2009, 10:29 pm

jadeyspadey wrote:when i had a rhinoplasty i had to take it for 2 weeks b4 the op and 2 weeks after aswel i think, it really helped i had hardly any bruises but it may be different for boobs xxxxxxx

God I wish I knew about arnica when I had my rhino, I looked like I'd been beaten up and it lasted weeks and weeks, thank god my boobs are hidden! I've heard some girls used it and some didn't but I'm gonna give it a whirl this time as I do bruise easily it seems! x
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 454

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 7th October 2009, 10:37 pm

Oh just to say, when I went into boots it was well hidden, it wasn't with all the other herbal bits and pieces like I though it'd be so may with worth asking.

Fluffybunnie, you won't regret the rhino, it's the best thing I've ever done and like jadeyspadey said there was no pain at all, just wish I'd done it years ago.
Closed surgery is when they do the entire op through the nostril so all the scarring is hidden and open is when they open the nose up to see what they're doing and I believe scar is just under tip of nose.

Apologies for going off topic there. Sounds like the arnica is a hit, nothing to lose by trying it xxx
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 454

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 8th October 2009, 8:09 am

i got the arnica from a health food shop, she gave me arnica 6, but i said i should be taking arnica 30?

she said 6 is fine and to take 2 tabs 3 ties a day, not near drinking tea!

and 2 days before op, take 6 times a day! told her i was having an op, but didnt say what.

angelslice i am having open rhino, eek! xxx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 8th October 2009, 6:10 pm

I'm a big fan of arnica and definitely think it works. I had a lot of dental work a few weeks before my original ba so was taking it for about 3 weeks before and after. I had no bruising and my gums healed really quickly after the dentistry too.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by samarie24 8th October 2009, 6:14 pm

Hi hun, I took 30cc starting just one day before my ba and carried on after, and had no bruising. It's one of those things you never know if it worked or if you wouldn't have bruised anyway!

I bought some arnica cream but never needed it. It's unopened and boxed (from boots) - if you want it pm me and i'll post it off to you xx
samarie24
samarie24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 476

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down