Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnica

+10
stef
fluffy_bunn1e
ShootingStar
Mia
BlondeBarbie
nads
em_stevo
xx_fina_xx
job1701
cakey_baby
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arnica Empty Arnica

Post by cakey_baby 29th March 2009, 10:17 am

Hellooo me again!!

My friend whos had her boobs done recommended me to take arnica she said she had hardly any swelling and the nurse asked her if she had taken arnica as it makes them soften quicker and reduces swelling.

She told me to take them 3 or 4 days pre op then for 2 weeks post op, ive never heard of anyone taking them though and thought you cant really take anything before your op..ive even stopped taking my daily vit c.

Has anyone else taken them before their op and did it do anything?

x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Arnica Empty Re: Arnica

Post by job1701 29th March 2009, 11:28 am

My pc told me not to take anything pre op and I want to take it now as hetting some bruising! So i will be watching your post for feedback too honey. x
job1701
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by xx_fina_xx 29th March 2009, 11:35 am

Hey hunni,

I didn't use Arnica and I was fine..A lot of people I know have used it and would really recommend.. I think each person is different though.. If I were to go through the op again (which I might have to) I would try it..

Give it a go hun

xx
xx_fina_xx
xx_fina_xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 238

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 29th March 2009, 11:57 am

Hiya hunny, I was recommended it by my friend who had a ba first time and didnt use it and had lots of swelling then her second time she did use it and she said it helped loads!!! Coincindence?? I dunno, i asked my ps and nurse what they though and I was told to go for it if they though it`d help. So I am gonna give it a go, cant hurt I dont think, I got mine from holand and barrett, start taking it 2 days before then few weeks after I think. (says on tube tho as cant remember),
Not long now for us both, woo hoo!!!!!, xxxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 29th March 2009, 12:26 pm

Omg i know!!! wooo!! getting excited now!!!

Im going to get some tomorrow think there only about a fiver so i may aswell give them ago!

cheers girlies x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 29th March 2009, 3:03 pm

I didnt take anything either as my ps didnt think made any difference, i didnt have one bruise on me and i usually bruise really easily, i heard the bromlien found in pineapple juice is good for swelling x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 29th March 2009, 6:58 pm

I didnt take any, my ps didnt ask me to. I think it just reduces bruising, i didnt have any bruising on my boobs but i did on my face x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 29th March 2009, 8:37 pm

My p.s. recommended Arnica 30c to be taken for 1 week before and 1 week after for bruising. Again this is another area where we are all informed different. I would call and ask to clarify.

I had no visable bruising, but I could feel it. You can also buy it in a cream/ointment. Hug
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 29th March 2009, 8:51 pm

Thanks hun, ive sent them a email asking if its ok for me to use it he should get back to me first thing. x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by job1701 29th March 2009, 8:53 pm

Well I bought some today, cream, as have some bruising, may well be too late know but will have a go! x
job1701
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 29th March 2009, 9:43 pm

I took Arnica 6 and my bruising went so quick it's unbelievable, i do believe the Arnica helped in my case, I was severely bruised and as soon as i started the Arnica it reduced quite alot by the day xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 29th March 2009, 10:27 pm

Id never heard of arnica till this forum, This site has helped me so much, ive learned so much since registering.
its something ill ask about taking.

Im not thinking of having my op til Oct, had 1 cosult, when does everyone think i should go for a second?

Also just wana say good luck to the 2 ladies having your ops in next few days, em_stevo and Cakey_baby.
You must be so excied!
Best wishes xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 29th March 2009, 10:32 pm

fluffy_bunn1e wrote:Id never heard of arnica till this forum, This site has helped me so much, ive learned so much since registering.
its something ill ask about taking.

Im not thinking of having my op til Oct, had 1 cosult, when does everyone think i should go for a second?

Also just wana say good luck to the 2 ladies having your ops in next few days, em_stevo and Cakey_baby.
You must be so excied!
Best wishes xx

Thank you hunny :hugme:and yes this site is brill i dont know what i would have done the last few weeks without it, are you going to go for a few consults first or have you decided to go with that company? i only went to transform and then decided to go abroad but most ladies ive spoke to went to a few consults i think you will know when you have found the right surgeon hun.

x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 29th March 2009, 10:33 pm

Meant to be a Hug lol!!
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 29th March 2009, 10:36 pm

No i have been told by a girl whos had BA to shop around but to be honest Im really want it done in my home town.

And the aftercare with Mybreast seems great, but i still feel like there is so much more to learn and research!

My surgeon if i go ahead is James Mcdiamord, so if anyones got any stories or experiences with him id be greatful.

Cakeybaby-where are you going for yours?
Good luck again girls! xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by stef 30th March 2009, 7:42 am

I started taking arnica the day after as advised by the nurse, it took my brusing down very quickly, not sure if it affects swelling though. xx

I don't think it's important to take though not everyone gets told to take them. xx
stef
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by job1701 30th March 2009, 11:12 am

just started using it altho had some bruising started so not sure if it will help, but can't hurt tho! i had 3 consults, had provisional appt with transform booked but changed my mind and went with mya in the end. so glad I did. Good luck. x
job1701
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 30th March 2009, 11:57 am

fluffy_bunn1e wrote:No i have been told by a girl whos had BA to shop around but to be honest Im really want it done in my home town.

And the aftercare with Mybreast seems great, but i still feel like there is so much more to learn and research!

My surgeon if i go ahead is James Mcdiamord, so if anyones got any stories or experiences with him id be greatful.

Cakeybaby-where are you going for yours?
Good luck again girls! xx

Hi Hun im going to turkey my mum lives there and recently had hers and nose done, i havnt heard of your surgeon hun but im sure someone will be along shortly with advice.

I spoke to my surgeon he said start taking it on wednesday so thanks for all your advice again ladies.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Ellie 30th March 2009, 12:16 pm

I was told by Elyzea it's more recommended for other proceedures & I don't need to take it for a BA, which sounds good to me !!

Ellie
x
Miss Ellie
Miss Ellie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 311

Back to top Go down

Post by angelicfruitcake 30th March 2009, 3:20 pm

I took it as I had some lying around anyway, but it was only the 6c one, people are usually told to take the 30c.

I had quite a lot of bruising, more than a lot of people I've seen. I used the cream afterwards (also had some lying about) and it did get rid of the bruises really quickly. It does usually work but I'd suggest getting the 30c if you want to take it.
angelicfruitcake
angelicfruitcake
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Arnica Empty arnica

Post by lozzied 31st March 2009, 4:42 pm

I have specifically been told to start taking Arnica 7days before my op and to continue taking it for 7days afterwards as well. I'm having my BA done with Transform and I think they recommend it to everyone as my friend had hers done there too and she was told the same. Can't say whether it works as not started taking it yet but after my op I shall let you all know if it seems to be helping me at all :lol: Also I can say that my friend who took it for the recommended time had practically no visible bruising at all and her swelling semed to go down really quick so maybe it does help?? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 31st March 2009, 6:30 pm

Hi hun, yeah i have been told to take Anica 1 wk before op and i think 2 wks after.
xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 31st March 2009, 8:56 pm

Well ive started taking it today ladies, i got them from holland and barretts in a little purple tube..i took it to work and tried to open it and it was jammed anyway was fiddling with the bottom and the next thing crack all over the floor!!! Hysterical Shocked was not impressed, i had to take the empty tube back she said they sometimes get faulty ones and exchanged it for me!

Im currently sat in the airport waiting to go to my hotel..god i hate this travelling malarky!! lol

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 31st March 2009, 8:57 pm

Are you on your way then CB?? x
nads
nads
Admin