Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running after BA... can I?

+5
michas
kay
Tonic28
*Sally*
meqr
9 posters

Go down

Running after BA... can I? Empty Running after BA... can I?

Post by meqr 25th September 2009, 7:02 pm

I wonder if anyone else was in my boat.... I think I lost my breast tissue from running... which in turn lead me to having a BA.... as I am trying to loose weight again.. I was maybe wanting to do interval training again... which involves some running and fast walking... I found this toned me Running after BA... can I? 396753 and legs sooo much which is my problem area... In one way I feel stupid for even considering it.. but just incase someone can talk me through there experience... I just don't know what to do???? I soo dont want to affect my new boobies.. I want to look after them the best I can.

Do girls run after having a BA normally? will affect the boobies... I do wear a shock 4 bra and would be happy to wear another support top.. I just don't know if it's worth the risk for me??
meqr
meqr
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 127

Back to top Go down

Running after BA... can I? Empty Re: Running after BA... can I?

Post by *Sally* 25th September 2009, 9:06 pm

I never thought I'd run again, especially when I had partials but I have. I wear a good sports bra and then another support top. I only started running/jogging again fairly recently (and have had to stop again due to falling down the stairs!) but actually my boobs were fine. Give it time hun, a good couple of months then start slowly and see how you go.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 25th September 2009, 9:38 pm

Hi Megr

Although Ive actually never jogged b4 my BA lol.........I thought I would take this up to help to tone and lose a little weight. So I checked with my PS last time I saw him and b4 I had even started my jogging sessions and he said it was fine so long as u wear a good sports bra that presses your breasts into your body. And mine certainly does that. Its a Shock Absorber one and I purchased it from the Next Directory. I also ordered it in a cup size smaller so it was extra tight and they aren't moving at all when I jog!! I had partials too xxxxx
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th September 2009, 2:31 pm

Hi Meqr x

I run and am fine, although didn't start up again until about 8 weeks Post op x

I wear an Enell sports bra from less bounce, very expensive, but worth it x I can't get on with the shock absorbers for running. I used to wear the level 4 one before my BA but still too much bounce for my liking x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by michas 26th September 2009, 3:10 pm

Ooh good thread. I used to be quite an avid runner. 3 times a week and managed to do my first half marathon in March. I haven't run since because I picked up an injury but I intend to run post BA. My ps said with the size I'm going for (C cup max) it will be fine and won't impact the sport I want to do. It was one of my first questions at the consultation!

Of course I won't re start running for some time after my op. Likely to start in January again to give new boobies a chance to settle.

I've heard Enell bras (as someone has already said) are fantastic, and worth the money :-)

Michas x
michas
michas
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 295

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 26th September 2009, 5:21 pm

oooo may have a look at the Enell bras then - thanks for that!
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th September 2009, 5:24 pm

They are pricey but they certainly work x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 26th September 2009, 6:13 pm

I also had a physio I used to work with recommend wearing a normal non underwired bar and then a sports bra on top.

x
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by mum23boys 26th September 2009, 6:15 pm

that should read underwired bra not bar Running after BA... can I? Icon_rolleyes , of course if you want to wear a bar......
mum23boys
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 26th September 2009, 11:37 pm

Hey hunni.

I go running. When you first have your op you feel like you'll never be able to get back to doing it, but after the first few weeks, things return to normal. I make sure I wear my level 4 shock absorber bra from M&S, which is very good - they don't move at all!!

xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by meqr 27th September 2009, 7:08 pm

OK.. Mmm ok.. cool.. I will look into that bra.... I have started on the treadmill on an incline.. just 6 at mo with some interval training... but have to say I hold them when in the shower.. it is weird.... I just feel I should hold them like there going somewhere...When I shave my legs I put one boob in my hand and the other resting on my knee as I am bent over just so they don't hang..... it is sooo weird as before my reduction I use to be soo much bigger.. now I am soo frightened...I gotta chill.... ;-) I don't even want them to wobble... hehe.. well I do but I don't want to harm them. Shiiiskkk... daft huh.

x
meqr
meqr
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 28th September 2009, 8:21 am

.x. i started doing fast paced walking and jogging on treadmill after about 8 weeks, think running would be ok too just that i'm more of a jogging person!!! tire myself out to quickly otherwise! .x.
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by luvjugz 28th September 2009, 8:01 pm

Yeah a friend has an enell bra and says they're great, v.expensive but really good. Looked at them for post surgery but I'm having to tighten the purse strings po, maybe in a while when I'm back at the gym I'll invest, me thinks.
xx
luvjugz
luvjugz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by meqr 28th September 2009, 8:13 pm

luvjugz wrote:Yeah a friend has an enell bra and says they're great, v.expensive but really good. Looked at them for post surgery but I'm having to tighten the purse strings po, maybe in a while when I'm back at the gym I'll invest, me thinks.
xx

defo gonna look into them....tesco sell £4 sports bras which some use post op... have to say I was not keen... bought 3 and took 2 back... I ended up in a shock level 4 and that was great, safe and secure...;-)

x
meqr
meqr
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down