Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running

+8
Annie66
*Sally*
dbs
shiningmoonbeam
annefinackapan
SG007
kickasskittykat
nickimarie
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Running Empty Running

Post by nickimarie 10th August 2009, 2:25 pm

Does anyone here go running?
I was just wondering how soon after ba and uplift I can go running. My ps said after 4 weeks I'll be fine but I just don't believe it cos I forgot myself today and went to run across the road and oooh it didn't feel good :pale: Can't see that miraculously changing in the next week and really need to get running again cos I want to get fit for my wedding. I don't like gyms and running is great cos it's free! lol
nickimarie
nickimarie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Running Empty Re: Running

Post by kickasskittykat 12th August 2009, 8:40 pm

I was told not to go the gym for six weeks after op...
Id say take it easy and listen to your body xx
kickasskittykat
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by SG007 12th August 2009, 8:47 pm

Im a runner, didnt have an uplift and I started ater 5 weeks. Would have liked to have left it longer but I had to train. When you feel like starting again,I would (if you use a gym) start of on the bikes and see how you feel. Also make sure they are very much supported dont want them knocking you out now lol.

You will personally know when you feel up to it...

X
SG007
SG007
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by nickimarie 12th August 2009, 8:50 pm

Thanks SG007, can I ask what sports bra you use and did your boobs feel sore the first time you ran?
I can't wait to train, it's driving me nuts - I'm turning all fat and grumpy! ha ha
nickimarie
nickimarie
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SG007 12th August 2009, 9:04 pm

I have a shock absorber (level 3) and for the money they are no better than the m&s and asda ones I have which I use regularly. Because we havn't got whopping boobies you prob wont notice them while your running. I dont rememb them feeling sore, but because they hadn't fully softened/loosened (at 5 weeks) I noticed them more when running initially because of this. Now I dont notice them at all. It might be looking at some of the marks n sparks ones, some of the less prettier ones give quite good support, they still move but no more than natural boobs of the same size would.
(ps, i have no idea what the level 4 etc shock absorbers are like can only comment on level 3)

I would leave it for a few more weeks yet seeing as you had an uplift to. Some say it can cause CC going to the gym early on but i guess it depends what surgeon you speak to. A good sesh on a bike is good if you want to burn fat.....for me its all about the CV fitness....(training for military)

Good Luck x
SG007
SG007
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nickimarie 12th August 2009, 9:32 pm

Thanks for your advice, I will check out the m&s ones and get pedalling! Good luck for your military training... I used to be in the Navy! Hated running then but it's the only way I can get regular cv exercise now as my 6yr old son can come with me on his bike! lol
nickimarie
nickimarie
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 12th August 2009, 9:53 pm

I didnt have an uplift but I started running again at 4 weeks and wore a shock absorber level 4 and was fine, just took it slow at first and kept my maximum heart rate no more than 75% (im nerdy and wear a monitor) I mostly did spinning classes at first so as not to jiggle the boobs about too much but it didnt take to long to get back to running at my normal pace. I get real grumpy without cardio!

good luck.

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningmoonbeam 13th August 2009, 10:47 am

I started running on the treadmill at the gym after about 8 weeks and was fine xxx
shiningmoonbeam
shiningmoonbeam
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 13th August 2009, 2:02 pm

Im a runner and have been told 6 weeks so Iv got just over a week to go Cheerleader . I started exercising this week though- started with Pilates, then body balance and today spinning, so ease into it gently and see how you feel. -SG007 what distance did you go for your first run back into it? xx
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by nickimarie 13th August 2009, 2:27 pm

Thanks everyone for all your great advice, really appreciate it :)
Think I'll have a go on the bike for a few weeks and then try a gentle jog to see how it goes - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mentioned about not letting your heart rate go above 75%... why is this and should I get a monitor before sprinting off!!??
nickimarie
nickimarie
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 13th August 2009, 2:32 pm

I just did this because I wanted make sure I didnt go sprinting off too fast and risk raising my blood pressure which may have hindered healing. I think if you just do a gentle jog and listen to your body you will be fine. I always do things at full pelt so was just policing myself with the monitor....

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by nickimarie 13th August 2009, 4:19 pm

Oh ok... well I only have to do a light jog to get my heart pounding! So maybe brisk walking for me then Hysterical
nickimarie
nickimarie
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 13th August 2009, 5:37 pm

I started running again about 4 weeks after my reop - well I say running - more like a slow jog!! I had a high impact sports bra on plus one of those training tops that has hidden support. They actually felt ok - not sore at all. When I had my original ba tho I didn't think i'd ever run again they felt so strange but I guess I've just got used to big bouncing boobies now!

I started training again at about 2/3 weeks but just on the reclining bike and stairmaster. I waited 6 weeks before starting any upper body work though and the only classes I did were spinning (without any of the push ups obviously).
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by SG007 13th August 2009, 6:36 pm

'''SG007 what distance did you go for your first run back into it? xx'''

Just for the first few days i only ran about half a mile just to get back into it and see how I felt. Im not a ''marathon'' runner the most I ever do is about 2 miles - timed! :lol:

X
SG007
SG007
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 13th August 2009, 6:40 pm

I started running again at 6 weeks but found it too uncomfortable, so I just cycled, used cross-trainers at the gym and walked briskly! See how you feel, we're all different. But if it's fat burning your after, an hours brisk walking can get rid of 350 cals according to my heart rate monitor!
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 13th August 2009, 7:11 pm

I started running after 8 weeks x all good x I had uplift and BA x

I did invest in a really good bra though through boobylicious. The Enell sports bra. Very expensive but worth every penny x They pretty much stay put heh heh x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 13th August 2009, 7:24 pm

Not boobylicious.........I meant less bounce x sorry having a blonde moment....again x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 13th August 2009, 7:41 pm

I'm like Kay and started at about 8 weeks too (had full uplift also) I tried at about 6 weeks as the ps said I could, but it felt uncomfortable and made them feel a little numb. I tried gently about 2 weeks later and it felt much better x
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 13th August 2009, 8:37 pm

Hey,

I started running again at just gone 6 weeks. It felt strange but not painful. I couldn't have waited 6 weeks before doing something though, and was on the treadmill doing uphill walking at 2 weeks PO, which was fine, and incredibly very low impact!

I wear an M&S high impact level 4 bra for running. It's brill, they don't move at all!!

Good luck hunni.

PS I'm running a half marathon in a couple of weeks!
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 13th August 2009, 10:11 pm

Good luck with the half marathon Maria. xxxxxxx
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by kickasskittykat 13th August 2009, 10:53 pm

After reading all your comments im gutted ivecancelled my gym Membership for two months!

Never thought about doing bike spin etc... sigh. Just hought better take it super careful (HaveOH watching over me andhes strict on recovery)

So worried about putting weight on.. ill have to walkalot i think and get on the wii fit xx
kickasskittykat
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 14th August 2009, 7:07 am

Ooo will look into that bra from lessbounce so thanks for the tip. My m and s ones all seem to long in the straps as im quite narrow- can the straps be adjusted quite tight with those? xx
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 14th August 2009, 7:58 am

I used to run loads before I had my BA but with unders I got advised that it would probably be a while (around 4-6 months) before I run again.

Its been 4 1/2 months now and yesterday I did try for a bit but I'm just scared of them bottoming out or other things happening as I would be running quite long distances. Since they are feeling a bit painful lately I have been sticking to power walking x
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 14th August 2009, 8:10 am

4-6 months!- wow never heard of a surgeon recommending that long before. Im gonna try again at 6 weeks, its been hard enough waiting this long no way im waiting 6 months lol!
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 15th August 2009, 3:29 pm

Hey DBS x

The enell sports bra from less bounce is like a crop top that does up at the front hun so the straps don't adjust. When you try it on they feel small, which is the key to how they work x there are lots of reviews on the site and people generally give it 5 stars x I would definitely recommend (I'm 34F) x

Don't go by your bra size either, get the tape measure out to find your size, if you like me and in between 2 sizes I would go for the smaller x I ordered 2 sizes and spent ages choosing then sent one back x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next