Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When did you start wearing underwired bras?

+3
Twinky
Charlii
lje1983
7 posters

Go down

When did you start wearing underwired bras? Empty When did you start wearing underwired bras?

Post by lje1983 26th August 2015, 2:42 pm

I'll be 6 weeks post op next Friday so want to go and get measured next weekend as I'm desperate to know what size I am! I was just wondering if I should still avoid underwire at 6 weeks or will I be fine? Cannot wait to wear a normal bra again, I am so over wearing sports bras now!
lje1983
lje1983
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

When did you start wearing underwired bras? Empty Re: When did you start wearing underwired bras?

Post by Charlii 26th August 2015, 2:57 pm

When were you told you could wear them? It's only when you get the all clear from your surgeon that you should start. For me, my surgeon said 8wks, which was less than the THG recommended 12, but I had it put in my notes. Other girls will differ, normally between 6-12wks. But you must stick to your surgeons advice, else it can invalidate your aftercare. If you're not sure, give him a call to confirm.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

When did you start wearing underwired bras? Empty Re: When did you start wearing underwired bras?

Post by Twinky 26th August 2015, 3:10 pm

I was told by my PS I could wear under wires from 6 weeks. However,  my incisions still few, t a little bit painful (or lefty did anyway) and, in the mentor brochure they gave me, it said 12 weeks.
And that sooner could possibly  cause dents on the implant?

I am now 10 weeks and have been fitted and measured as 34E, and they now feel comfy, all day in wires.

It's took me a while and I was braless throughout  recovery so for me it felt, tuber strange! 
BUT my belvia is still my fav if I'm just stayin home for the day!

So everyone  is diff, and all surgeon advice seems to differ top. 
So check with your clinic hun.
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by lje1983 26th August 2015, 3:16 pm

To be honest I didn't ask my surgeon when I saw him a few weeks ago! The nurse who checked my stitches said 6 weeks I think but just wanted to get others opinions as well. I suppose I could always try a non wired to begin with, I just wanna get back into a bra with normal straps so I can wear vest tops etc again! 
My incisions are totally pain free and have been for weeks and are healing really well. Although, I do have mondors cords underneath both boobs but I'm sure the restriction of the band on the sports bras aren't helping them at all! Maybe they'll get better quicker with a normal bra band?!?
lje1983
lje1983
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 26th August 2015, 3:24 pm

I think you would be surprised how fab them boobs will look now, WITHOUT WIRES! yes And there lots comfier.

Just go get measured and try them. Even if you have to ease to it and just wear them for a few hours a day.

Good luck.
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromilly 26th August 2015, 4:23 pm

Your boobs would look good in a paper bag [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Boobs
Macromilly
Macromilly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 273

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 26th August 2015, 5:55 pm

Ooh, wires aren't going to help a mondors cord! It'll dig in and feel bruised. I would check with your surgeon, not your nurse, he's who your aftercare is with, not the clinic. Might be you can go ahead with a soft cup now and wait another few for wires
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by lje1983 26th August 2015, 7:17 pm

Right ok, I'm gonna go and get measured and look for NO wires but a normal bra! I think that's probably the most sensible option until the mondors have gone! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hahahaha thanks lovely!
lje1983
lje1983
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 27th August 2015, 6:06 am

I was told at my 6 weeks i could wear wires but no plunge or push ups! Xxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 27th August 2015, 7:53 am

I'm 9 weeks PO and still nowhere near wearing wires but I had delayed healing. I'm just waiting until my 3 month check up with my surgeon to be on the safe side. However I gave got a non wired bra called the Freya soft cup deco bra which I wear if I'm out and about so I recommend those. V comfy but honestly I still wear my macom 90% of the time as I'm scared of ruining them with my inpatients lol
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by lje1983 27th August 2015, 10:05 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thanks for the advice, I will have a look a the Freya one! That sounds like what I want! I don't like my Macom to be honest, I've got a couple of other sports bras with thin straps but they're so uncomfortable I can't wear them for long! The bra in my Avi is my fav and so comfy but can't wear it with vest tops etc as the straps are too thick! I need a happy medium!
lje1983
lje1983
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 27th August 2015, 4:49 pm

Then I def recommend the Freya and its on sale on debenhams website too atm. I recommend getting measured first tho as I had to keep taking mine back to get different sizes lol
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by lje1983 27th August 2015, 7:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am going to go to debenhams and get measured, I've already checked on their site for that bra and saw it was on sale! It's got good reviews, defo gonna get it!! Thank you :-)
lje1983
lje1983
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 27th August 2015, 9:15 pm

For me it was 12 weeks I got the ok, but wore wires at about 14 weeks. It feels a bit odd at first. You can ease yourself into them slowly. Only when you have the all clear though, otherwise it could invalidate your after care xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down