Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When do you start buying Underwired Bras?

+8
Crystal
cinomanhatch
barbiecon
lauraswts
Nyssa-H
jen86
*Sally*
jomcm
12 posters

Go down

When do you start buying Underwired Bras? Empty When do you start buying Underwired Bras?

Post by jomcm 9th August 2011, 9:13 am

Hi Ladies
I havent had my BA yet - having it 25th August - but wanted to know how long afterwards you started buying underwired bars?
Thanks lots
Jo x
jomcm
jomcm
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

When do you start buying Underwired Bras? Empty Re: When do you start buying Underwired Bras?

Post by *Sally* 9th August 2011, 9:21 am

I bought my first bra just before I had my 6 week check. I know it's hard but it really is better to wait as long as possible as your boobs change so much and you could end up wasting a lot of money on bra's that don't fit after a month or so. There are good reasons why we're advised not to wear underwires before at least 6 weeks. They can seriously hinder your recovery. They will also be uncomfortable if worn too soon. Xx
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

When do you start buying Underwired Bras? Empty Re: When do you start buying Underwired Bras?

Post by jen86 9th August 2011, 9:56 am

i was initially told 6 weeks hun as most of us are. But at 5 weeks my nurse said i was fine to wear underwire bras then! i had already got some bras in the sale so was all set!
x
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 9th August 2011, 9:59 am

I thought u couldn't wear underwired bra's for 6 months?! I thought it was just normal, non wired bra's at 6wks post op? Apologies if i'm wrong?? xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 671

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 9th August 2011, 10:44 am

Nyssa-H wrote:I thought u couldn't wear underwired bra's for 6 months?! I thought it was just normal, non wired bra's at 6wks post op? Apologies if i'm wrong?? xx

Iv been told sports bra for 4 weeks and non wired bras for first 6 months!! maybe its a scottish thing lol
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiecon 9th August 2011, 11:38 am

6 weeks darling xx
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by cinomanhatch 12th August 2011, 9:11 am

Another Scottish girl here having been told at least 6 months. I'm dying to wear normal pretty underwired bras! I'm only 4 weeks PO but have been buying gorgeous cheap underwired bras from ebay to try on just so i can have a rough idea of how i'll look. xxx
cinomanhatch
cinomanhatch
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 12th August 2011, 10:31 am

Well I see my surgeon in two weeks so I guess I better confirm with him then xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 671

Back to top Go down

Post by lauraswts 12th August 2011, 10:42 am

Ill ask my nurse today! Im getting my big plasters off today!! eekkk
lauraswts
lauraswts
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 260

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 12th August 2011, 10:59 am

This is a story I tell quite alot on here............

I went out very excited at 6 weeks post-op with my parent to my lacal debenhams la senza as my parents wanted to buy me some bra sets as a "boobie" present.....its was a real treat as it was the 1st time I had gone out shopping for bras.

I was amazed when they measured me at a 28 band and told me that I should really be in a 28 or 30 band but they didnt stock that size at their shop so would have to make do with 32FF.........to be honest the band felt tight on me ( I wasnt used to wearing them!) so the band size didnt bother me.............

After little under 2 weeks later my boobs dropped and filled out I I couldnt get my boobs into the cups...they left big dents inbetween my poor new boobies....I was totally gutted and so imbarried as my poor parents hade spent over £150 on bras sets for me!When do you start buying Underwired Bras? 683465 and it was such a waste.........

It broke my heart as I then had to sell them on here as a fraction of the cost!

So the id say if your going to go out a buy new bras at the 6 week mark , dont spent to much as they probably wont fit a few weeks later!When do you start buying Underwired Bras? 43877

My boobs kept growning and changing shape so much in the 1st year so I didnt spend a fortune on bras.......

xx
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Couture_23 12th August 2011, 11:53 am

I agree with the girls that say 6 months, thats what i was told... Sports bras for 6 wks then non underwired till at least 6 months.... You don't wanna ruin the shape of your healing boobies.

When do you start buying Underwired Bras? 571992
Couture_23
Couture_23
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th August 2011, 3:15 pm

This is er heard of being told not to wear wires for 6 months and I've been here following a lot of girls through their post-op recovery for almost two years.

I know of surgeons wanting their pstients in wired bras straight away, I've known ladies being instructed to wear wires at 2/4/6/12 weeks post-op.

3 months as you see being the longest, I've never known of anyone have to abstain for 6 months.

But... there's a first for everything I suppose When do you start buying Underwired Bras? 267328

The time frame for wearing wires will be your surgeons decision based on how you are healing, that could be anything from a day to 3 months, possibly 6 months if what the girls are saying is fact.

It really shouldn't matter how long you're in a sportsbra though, what shoulf matter is that you get as close as possible you get the look you hoped for and whatever post-op instruction you're given, that's what you should follow to ensure you dod all you could to help the surgeon get you there. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lorri 5th September 2011, 9:09 pm

Glad i found this. I'm 6 weeks post op 2day! So,, i went out to buy some new bras (to keep till i see my surgeon ) and can't get ANY that r not UNDER WIRED.. i shopped everywhere possible and no,,not a single bra without wire!! ( apart from sports bras) i'm really annoyed as the M&S p-op bras i bought (spent over 100 pounds) are really hurting my scars now,,it's only happened from last nite really..My scars look fine,,not inflamed,,red etc,but ver very sore! i have tried a little dressing under the rim of my bra ,but nope,,still hurting..The scars feel like they r on fire!! I know by looking i have no obvious infection,,no swelling etc! Could some-one please tell me if they have had they same prob with their scars and if so was it as late as 6 weeks p-op? Before yesterday i had no probs with pain or burning in the scars at all..I need some re-assurance that this is NORMAL as i'm getting really worried now...Thanx a lot ladies..I realllllllllllly want to wear my new under wired bras as even when i tried 1 on today it was soooooooooooo comfy and no digging into my scars.. xx

p.s I do not live local to m&s and usually order online from them (i was measured by m&s tho after stitches were removed) but i do not want to go buying anymore of their bras as they just irritate my skin...xx

lorri
lorri
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by lorri 5th September 2011, 9:11 pm

The cost does not matter,,i just want and need comfort!!! xx
lorri
lorri
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsuit 5th September 2011, 10:08 pm

I had my 7 week check up and was given the all clear - I went out that afternoon to get measured and bought 2 bras - one White one black, I'm gonna only have those 2 untill my 6 month mile stone as I'm guessing I may drop ... Takes loads of will power not to spend spend spend !!! Xxxx
Shelsuit
Shelsuit
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down