Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back from consultation.. Help me ladies!

+5
Montana
Emma71
Twinky
Charlii
emilysarahdodds
9 posters

Go down

Back from consultation.. Help me ladies! Empty Back from consultation.. Help me ladies!

Post by emilysarahdodds 15th July 2015, 4:01 pm

Hi ladies, this post may be a bit of waffle but please bare with me as I need you all! Haha...

So just arrived back from my first consultation with the wonderful Dr Douglas McGeorge, he really does live up to all the compliments people have paid him on here.. WHAT A MAN!

He answered all of my questions with ease - he knows his stuff alright and I am very happy to book my surgery with him, however...

I was thinking I would need a uplift (I do) and I thought I would have new implants too however he says I can keep the ones I have in with no problem at all, but I'm not sure I want too? Does this sound silly of me? I feel like while I'm being opened up he may as well pop a new set in there haha, that being said he did say I wouldn't be able to go much bigger, we didn't speak in depth about that part as he seemed pretty happy to keep mine Do I ask what size I COULD go?... I don't want to insult him, and now having thought on the journey home say I want implants???? He knows what he is doing of course! I am no plastic surgeon but I don't then want to come away from another surgery wishing I had done differently. The implants I have feel very soft, almost like they shouldn't be that soft haha, I would like something a little firmer, perkier and "fake"?! looking seeing stars  help 

If I do keep the ones I have now and just have an uplift will they remain the exact same size or do they decrease with an uplift? (As you can see my mind has been playing overload on the 3 hour journey home!!!!)

Please help me ladies and put me out of my misery haha x
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Back from consultation.. Help me ladies! Empty Re: Back from consultation.. Help me ladies!

Post by Charlii 15th July 2015, 5:12 pm

I think you need to write all this in an email and ask the man himself! Especially the 'will they be smaller'. Its the same size implant, but the uplift will change them, so they could go either way. And if you're changing your mind and looking for a faker look, then perhaps you need a bigger implant to achieve this. Sit back, have a breather, and think about how you really want your boobs to look. Speak to him about going bigger, what he would say, how it would affect your end size.

Trust me, if he's put up with all of Cookies questions, he can see to yours!!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Back from consultation.. Help me ladies! Empty Re: Back from consultation.. Help me ladies!

Post by Twinky 15th July 2015, 5:19 pm

If I was paying all that coin to go under the knife again, be it in 2 yrs or ten, I would absolutely  want fresh new implants in, for sure.
Why wouldn't you!? Be it slightly bigger or not, your paying,  so you want newer ones in whilst your being cut open, sorry tmi! 

Your money, so I would say something,  don't feel silly. Or ultimately  you will be the one regretting it.
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 15th July 2015, 5:36 pm

When I saw him he was only willing to use very modest sized implants and I didn't ask why! But the surgeon I went with wouldn't go bigger in one stage either due to my bwd, my skin elasticity and the pressure on my vertical scars. He let me go bigger this time but I have now in effect had a 2 stage operation so my vertical scars have healed and can take the weight. I would imagine it is some combination of all those factors. It may well be that he recommends 2 stage but that is an expensive route to take. As for new implants, I would definitely want them, I would feel
Somehow that the 2 operations were out of sync otherwise somehow. Probably illogical but that is how I would feel, although he wouldnt advise it if he disn't think it would give you a good result. If he catagorically says you can't go bigger it may well be a sensible and cost effective way of getting perkier boobs xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 15th July 2015, 6:12 pm

Charlii wrote:I think you need to write all this in an email and ask the man himself! Especially the 'will they be smaller'. Its the same size implant, but the uplift will change them, so they could go either way. And if you're changing your mind and looking for a faker look, then perhaps you need a bigger implant to achieve this. Sit back, have a breather, and think about how you really want your boobs to look. Speak to him about going bigger, what he would say, how it would affect your end size.

Trust me, if he's put up with all of Cookies questions, he can see to yours!!
Thank you for your reply Charlii.

I think you are right, I am going to sit back and breathe for a couple of days and then drop him an email with my thoughts and questions. He is so nice I am sure he will understand my flustering and wanting to be 100% on things.
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 15th July 2015, 6:13 pm

Twinky wrote:If I was paying all that coin to go under the knife again, be it in 2 yrs or ten, I would absolutely  want fresh new implants in, for sure.
Why wouldn't you!? Be it slightly bigger or not, your paying,  so you want newer ones in whilst your being cut open, sorry tmi! 

Your money, so I would say something,  don't feel silly. Or ultimately  you will be the one regretting it.
Thank you for your reply Twinky!

This is EXACTLY what I think, even if it's only very slightly bigger implant surely while I am having surgery it makes sense to get a newer implant even though mine are only 2 years old? Maybe I am being overly vain here haha. 

Going to give it a couple of days and email him I think!
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 15th July 2015, 6:16 pm

Emma71 wrote:When I saw him he was only willing to use very modest sized implants and I didn't ask why! But the surgeon I went with wouldn't go bigger in one stage either due to my bwd, my skin elasticity and the pressure on my vertical scars. He let me go bigger this time but I have now in effect had a 2 stage operation so my vertical scars have healed and can take the weight. I would imagine it is some combination of all those factors. It may well be that he recommends 2 stage but that is an expensive route to take. As for new implants, I would definitely want them, I would feel
Somehow that the 2 operations were out of sync otherwise somehow. Probably illogical but that is how I would feel, although he wouldnt advise it if he disn't think it would give you a good result. If he catagorically says you can't go bigger it may well be a sensible and cost effective way of getting perkier boobs xx
Thank you for your reply Emma.

I agree that it somehow seems strange having an uplift with no implant being put in at the same time and I would definitely like a new pair while being cut open if given the chance - seem to make sense to upgrade even if only a couple of years down the line, like you say if he says no then he does know best. I will email him and put my final thoughts and questions to him.
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 16th July 2015, 11:40 am

My surgeon said you lose roughly a half a cup to a cup size when you have an uplift so yes smaller but perkier. Or you might not lose anything. Everyone's different so check with your surgeon like everyone else said but you have to be happy with the decision as they are your boobies at the end if the day :)
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 17th July 2015, 7:15 am

Montana wrote:My surgeon said you lose roughly a half a cup to a cup size when you have an uplift so yes smaller but perkier. Or you might not lose anything. Everyone's different so check with your surgeon like everyone else said but you have to be happy with the decision as they are your boobies at the end if the day :)
Thanks Montana!

I have emailed him :)
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 17th July 2015, 7:35 am

In having 2nd op so soon after 1st op  you want to be as near as possible to 100% sure of  decision/choices you make , so take as long as you need & ask as many questions you want  until you get there. Hug
Myself I would be wanting new implants regardless of size change or not.
XXX

Last edited by mirren001 on 17th July 2015, 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 17th July 2015, 9:11 am

mirren001 wrote:In having 2nd op so soon after 1st op  you want to be as near as possible to 100% sure of  decision/choices you make , so take as long as you need & ask as many questions want  until you get there. Hug
Myself I would be wanting new implants regardless of size change or not.
XXX
Thank you for the kind words Mirren, I agree I need to take my time in this decision.

Mr McGeorge is going to get back to me on the size of implant I can go up to - I TOTALLY agree in wanting them changed with no size difference or even a slight one, it seems to make sense to me and its a releif to see you and a few other ladies agree xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 18th July 2015, 5:42 pm

So an update for you all ladies.... 

Mr McGeorge is willing to change my implants to a slightly bigger one, 445cc which will give me 1cm more projection that I have now so that suits me fine as I don't want to go much bigger. He said "Surgery will involve taking out the scar around your existing implant and drains will be required.  There is always a small risk of infection and of the new scar, you will form around the implant, tightening - capsular contraction.  With more projection there is a greater risk of rippling.  This can be reduced by using a cohesive gel implant." 

He is talking about using a "soft touch implant" to reduce the rippling. I believe it is an allergen implant. Has anyone heard of/has these implants please?? 

Thanks ladies x
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by amyblue500 18th July 2015, 7:23 pm

I had an uplift and re aug 18 months after my first  in June, i i went for new implants as i was feeling greedy lol!!! My surgeon was also all for keeping the ones i had if it isn't broke don't fix it kind of thing but i took the opportunity to go bigger by 105 cc and also for XHP . Im glad i did i can put up with scarring more as its like brand new boobs to me and i think i would have always had the what if's if i hadn't gone for the largest ones i could fit ( which i did and i still have boob greed!!)
Mine are fairly firm as they are the polyurethane ones which are never going to be really soft and i can make them look super fake in certain bras i have been playing around in bra shops this week i am also measuring an awful lot more than i was before ( 28E-28GG)
amyblue500
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 18th July 2015, 8:30 pm

Allergans come in soft touch and responsive. I'm pretty sure the responsive are 95% full and the soft touch 100%, (which makes obvious sense!) They allergan website can confirm that. It makes sense to use the soft touch to avoid rippling, but it won't be a guarantee. 

Honestly, it seems odd he's trying to put you off, surely there is the same risks with any implant replacement/increase with the new implants. With any implant there is a degree of 'cc', as obviously the body forms a capsule around the implant. That's why there are varying degrees of cc, and why aftercare only tends to kick in at stage 3. Is he talking full blown capsulotemy?
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 19th July 2015, 7:58 am

Great you can go bigger! I think he's probsbly just given you all the options, perhaps thinking he's trying to save you a bit of money (if that's what you wanted). I would think his email referring to scar formation and cc etc is just affirming that there are risks regardless of new/old implant, just so you have all the information.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 19th July 2015, 8:02 am

amyblue500 wrote:I had an uplift and re aug 18 months after my first  in June, i i went for new implants as i was feeling greedy lol!!! My surgeon was also all for keeping the ones i had if it isn't broke don't fix it kind of thing but i took the opportunity to go bigger by 105 cc and also for XHP . Im glad i did i can put up with scarring more as its like brand new boobs to me and i think i would have always had the what if's if i hadn't gone for the largest ones i could fit ( which i did and i still have boob greed!!)
Mine are fairly firm as they are the polyurethane ones which are never going to be really soft and i can make them look super fake in certain bras i have been playing around in bra shops this week i am also measuring an awful lot more than i was before ( 28E-28GG)
It's nice to hear I'm not the only one haha! I think my boyfriend thinks I'm being ridiculous but like I say while I am being cut open it just makes perfect sense to me!! 

I really do like the sound of the polyurethane implants but he hasn't mentioned them for me. However I believe the soft touch implants are much firmer than the CUI's I have in now which is good as although I want a natural feel I do like them quite firm haha.

Oh gosh really!! Shocked That's amazing. I'm already in a 32E/F in bras haha.. GREEDY ME.

I'm so excited, with the uplift especially they should finally look amazing.
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 19th July 2015, 8:04 am

Charlii wrote:Allergans come in soft touch and responsive. I'm pretty sure the responsive are 95% full and the soft touch 100%, (which makes obvious sense!) They allergan website can confirm that. It makes sense to use the soft touch to avoid rippling, but it won't be a guarantee. 

Honestly, it seems odd he's trying to put you off, surely there is the same risks with any implant replacement/increase with the new implants. With any implant there is a degree of 'cc', as obviously the body forms a capsule around the implant. That's why there are varying degrees of cc, and why aftercare only tends to kick in at stage 3. Is he talking full blown capsulotemy?
Thank you Charlii, I have tried looking on the website but with not much luck.

I thought that to begin with and was really diheartened and thought by the way he was talking I could only increase up to 385 or something but I am much happier now!

Yes I believe he is and obviously an uplift too. Looks like I'll be in there for a while haha!
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 19th July 2015, 8:06 am

Mammamia wrote:Great you can go bigger! I think he's probsbly just given you all the options, perhaps thinking he's trying to save you a bit of money (if that's what you wanted). I would think his email referring to scar formation and cc etc is just affirming that there are risks regardless of new/old implant, just so you have all the information.
Thank you Mammamia I am really pleased that I can. Yes I agree he was probably trying to save me my money and the old saying "don't fix what's not broken" but I am pleased he is willing to change them.
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 19th July 2015, 10:22 pm

emilysarahdodds wrote:However I believe the soft touch implants are much firmer than the CUI's I have in now which is good as although I want a natural feel I do like them quite firm haha..
I'm actually finding 410s which are a 100% fill like the Soft Touch you're having are actually more soft than the CUIs I had previously. 

In saying that though I think my CUIs felt firmer because I had an uplift which was quite tight around the implant, so the implant didn't have much movement in the breast at all, which in turn likely made it feel firmer. 

When I had the implants replaced I had a smaller implant without a lift, just a slight tuck in the breast crease, so the implant although on paper should feel slightly firmer the the CUI, does because of having more 'squishing' room inside the breast feel softer. I thought my CUIs felt real (even fooled my GP) but these bad boys!... They feel incredible. 

So from my own personal experience I'd say the tighter the breast, the firmer they will be regardless of fill. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 20th July 2015, 8:54 am

COOKIE wrote:
emilysarahdodds wrote:However I believe the soft touch implants are much firmer than the CUI's I have in now which is good as although I want a natural feel I do like them quite firm haha..
I'm actually finding 410s which are a 100% fill like the Soft Touch you're having are actually more soft than the CUIs I had previously. 

In saying that though I think my CUIs felt firmer because I had an uplift which was quite tight around the implant, so the implant didn't have much movement in the breast at all, which in turn likely made it feel firmer. 

When I had the implants replaced I had a smaller implant without a lift, just a slight tuck in the breast crease, so the implant although on paper should feel slightly firmer the the CUI, does because of having more 'squishing' room inside the breast feel softer. I thought my CUIs felt real (even fooled my GP) but these bad boys!... They feel incredible. 

So from my own personal experience I'd say the tighter the breast, the firmer they will be regardless of fill. Xx
That makes VERY logical sense Cookie! Hopefully I will have the best of both worlds - Lovely perky round boobies that aren't too hard! 

Now I just have to bare the 5 month wait until McGod can work his magic on me!! Haha xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down