Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hole - so worried

+4
mirren001
Mammamia
loui1981
drinkeroftea
8 posters

Go down

Hole - so worried  Empty Hole - so worried

Post by drinkeroftea 19th June 2015, 7:12 pm

Hi girls, 

Sorry for the lack of posts and now here i am asking for advice reassurance. 

I was  4 weeks post op last week.  My incision nearest my armpit was niggly, but nothing to worry about.  On the sat  i put a wee bit of cotton wool between the dressing and my bra. There were miniscule spots of blood on it, which I wasn't too worried about. Then come sun morning there looked like blood under my dressing so i removed it and all this  brown stuff ran down from the incision.  Checked tge wound and saw a small hole and the stich.  Que nearly blacking out for 10 minutes. Had another look and there was  no smell, or intense heat, and the yucky brown atuff looked like diluted blood. I called mr h, who was great. Cleaned it up and dressed it. 

I made an appointment to see rhe nurse at my gp surgery, which is this Monday.  I just made it for reassurance  as ir seemed to have sorted itself out.  

I had a look rhis evening and there was a bit more blood on my dressing, not loads. Again no smell, or proper heat. However when i looked at the desssing it looked to have a green tinge to it. Which has panicked me immensely. I have been cleaning the incision with tcp, but thats not green! I cleaned it up again, and there is no greenness now. It looks like the stich has gone now as well. Where rhe stixhr was looks like a hole about a cm wide.

I have got myself in such a tizz thinking ive got an infection and the implant will have to be removed etc. I don't know howbi will be able to keep myself sane until monday. 

If anyone has any words of advice i would be ao grateful.  Xx
drinkeroftea
drinkeroftea
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Hole - so worried  Empty Re: Hole - so worried

Post by loui1981 19th June 2015, 8:21 pm

Sorry can't just read and run I'm sure someone will be along soon to offer some advice. X
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 19th June 2015, 9:15 pm

Sorry to hear you're having a few probs. easy for me to say but try to stay calm until Monday as I don't think anything can change that drastically between now and then anyway. Obviously if symptoms change don't ignore them but it seems very doubtful. I would imagine the opening is just the outer layers as if it penetrated internally I'm sure your surgeon would have done something different. So infection wise, if you get one, it will just be superficial, eg the small wound. I would try and not keep removing the dressing to clean unless you've been asked to. There have been a few ladies with similar experiences lately so hopefully someone will be along soon x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by drinkeroftea 19th June 2015, 9:50 pm

Thanks loui.

Thanks mammamia,. Sorry to clarify, i jusjust  spoke to me H on the phone, who advised me to clean and dress it. I phoned  111 earlier, as you can't just go to the walk in centre without speaking to them. Advised to go to a amd e. Just bewn seen ny a nurse who has told mey wound is "gaping" and will give me some antibiotics. Scared witless now. 
 And I don't know of i will be ablw to get up to Birmingham to see  mr h as there is a leave ban at work.
drinkeroftea
drinkeroftea
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 19th June 2015, 10:06 pm

On medical grounds you are allowed to take leave hun. They have a duty of care x
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 20th June 2015, 5:46 am

Try to stay calm Hug .   ,the nurse has given you antibiotics so will keep infection at bay,this could be stitches that have split & causing irritation in that area. Hopefully when you see Mr Hassan having it dressed ,keeping an eye on it with regular wound care will get your healing back on track.
There may be a leave ban at work but you need to have this seen to so whether you tell your work what the problem is or take a sicky giving another reason you have to go, your health & well being is more important.
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 20th June 2015, 5:59 am

Yes I agree with mirren, regardless of the leave ban you have a medical need. Glad you managed to see someone and get some antibiotics. Does Mr h only ever work from
Birmingham? I wonder if he does any consultations in other locations that you could see him at?
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 20th June 2015, 7:18 am

Hi,I can't offer any words of wisdom I'm afraid,  I'm only 6 days post op and things like this scare me to death.  But you have to look after yourself,  health is everything,  so pls get yourself sorted, don't let work  be a worry at a time like this.
Really sorry your going hour this. I hope it gets fixed for you ASAP,  and it just be a blip in your recovery, and nothing more x
Give You
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by drinkeroftea 20th June 2015, 2:24 pm

Hi girls, thanks for all your replies. 

I emailed the surgery last night and within an hour got  a text from Mr H asking if i was still awake, which i was. He then rang me and said i could go and see him in Birmingham today.  He is such a sweet man, he wasnt  even working today. 

Mr H took a look, and said there was  no "gaping wound" it was a surface superficial wound caused by the stich, as you said mirren!  He doesn't think there is an infection but to take antibiotics just to be on the safe side. He removed the stich, cleaned and redressed it for me. 

Am so relieved! 

This just highlights how important aftercare is. I don't  think there would be too many surgeons ringing you at 1 in the morning and coming in on their weekend off. Such a wonderful man

Twinky, easy for me to ssy, but don't  be worried about things until they become an issue and concentrate on yoir recovery! 

Thanks again for your help girls xx
drinkeroftea
drinkeroftea
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 20th June 2015, 3:54 pm

Hi drinkeroftea, so sorry to read you've been going through this worrying time and wow to Mr H!! That's very commendable and shows he cares. Just what you want and reassuring.
Hope it heals quickly for you now xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by dling1 20th June 2015, 5:29 pm

So glad things are looking brighter for you Hun and WOW, how amazing is your surgeon yahoo Talk about service, I'm very impressed x
dling1
dling1
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 20th June 2015, 5:42 pm

You must be relieved! Great to hear you're in fab hands!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 20th June 2015, 5:48 pm

Awwwww so so pleased your sorted, iv been thinking about this all day. I had  my pre op, and I even mentioned it to the nurse, so I'm chuffed your sorted.

Smashing surgeon too, your obviously in good hands with him. Sending you a huge bouquet, and glad it was just a blip Give YouGive You
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 20th June 2015, 10:12 pm

If you had an infection you really would know, your boob swells and radiates heat naf you feel so unwell. Thrilled it's not that for you and second the importance of aftercare. My surgeon phoned me from home on a Friday evening whilst I just sobbed and downloaded my feelings xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 21st June 2015, 12:49 pm

Glad it wasn't anything serious & what a Fab surgeon you have!
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down