Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hole in the heart & RBG

+3
minxie
COOKIE
doubleD
7 posters

Go down

hole in the heart & RBG Empty hole in the heart & RBG

Post by doubleD 30th April 2011, 3:29 am

Hi all,
Has anyone out there had a hole in the heart/heart murmur and gotten a BA? Did you get any trouble or worry from the surgeon at all?
And anyone been through Restored Beauty Getaways or had their procedure done in Phuket at the Bangkok Phuket Hospital? I'm booked in on the 12th May with Dr Pongsatorn... have had friends that have gone through them and love their results, although with a different surgeon.
Cheers! wavey
doubleD
doubleD
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

hole in the heart & RBG Empty Re: hole in the heart & RBG

Post by COOKIE 30th April 2011, 8:36 am

Firstly sweetheart, I don't mean to frighten you, but with having a
medical condition you need to really ensure you're doing the right thing
in having your surgery abroad.

I understand your friends have had their surgery through the same
company, but do any of them have a serious medical condition like you
have?

Have you checked that the hospital the clinic you're using has a high
dependancy unit should there be any trouble with your heart during
surgey?

Over here in the UK a lot of cosmetic companies don't have high dependancy units
and if you have a serious condition that they think might cause a
'possible' problem you would be refused surgery! No surgeon here would
operate on someone without the saftey net of a HDU if you have a serious
condition.

There are cosmetic surgery hospitals here that do cater for such conditions, BMI is one of them, they have the facilities available to care for patients with serious condions 'should' they need it.

Also ask yourself another question - Have any of your friends had a complication after surgery?

I suspect as you haven't mentioned anything but that you love their
results that they haven't... that isn't to say they or you wont in the
future! Everyone having a BA and I mean EVERYONE hunny risks the
possibility of many post-op complications, most are fine, but sadly some
WILL suffer a complication and you need to think about this too.

What if 'you' suffered a post-op complication, what after-care
instructions have you been given? have you been given a guarantee that
they'll give you a re-op should things go wrong? Have you checked which implants they're going to be using and if they're 'safe'

Also take into account that you say you do come home and 3 months time
you start to notice things aren't right and need to go back to see the
surgeon... could you afford the travel costs? could you afford your
accomodation? could you afford further time off work? and will they pay
for your re-op?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh sweetness, I don't mean to hole in the heart & RBG 571992
it's just that you need to be aware of all these things before
travelling abroad, sure it works out great for some, but for others it
could be devastating!

You must also understand that should you have your BA, you have a
complication and can't afford or for any other reason to get back to the
surgeon, you're then left at the mercy of your hospital service in your own country and I know here in the UK, they would help to treat infection, they'd help if you had a problem with stitches, but if the complication was something that needed a re-op, they would not do it! They'd simply remove the implants and stitch you back up.

If you wanted implants put back in. This would be for you to fund yourself.

Please make sure you have all your saftey nets in place sweetness and I wish you lots of luck. xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by minxie 30th April 2011, 9:26 am

Some amazing advice from Cookie right there hun. I read your post and thought 'that sounds like a recipe for complete disaster'.. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but all too often there are horror stories about girls having surgery abroad, let alone combined with a heart condition! I know you're desparate for your new boobies (every single member on this forum can relate to that) but please please sit down and think long and hard about what you're letting yourself in for. I'm not saying don't do it at all - I'm saying maybe look closer to home? It may cost you a bit more, but what's a bit of time to save up when you're potentially playing with your life!

Mx
minxie
minxie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by sampowell 30th April 2011, 1:10 pm

Hi Cookie is spot on with her advice. I did consider going abroad for my procedure and I'm so glad I didn't as I had complicatiuons 2 week after and had to have a reop. If I had to go back to another country for my reop I would have been in excruciating pain throughout the journney. Also if you go far away for surgery your not supposed to go on a long haul flight for 6 weeks due to possible complications from the anasthetic. I'm so glad I chose to have my surgery here in England. Please carefully consider every detail
sampowell
sampowell
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post by doubleD 30th April 2011, 2:19 pm

Hi lovely ladies, thank you all for the time you've taken for me, especially cookie! So many questions! Well, I have researched the hospital extensively, they have a state-of-the-art cardiology centre right in the same wing as the cosmetic surgery area, and have actually discovered heart problems in other girls, when they've gone to have surgery, that they didn't actually know they had. (And yes, a couple were refused surgery :( ) I have actually been warned that it may well be possible that they'll refuse me surgery, of course I'll be devastated but will accept that there's not much I can do and will just have to treat it as a little holiday - minus the pain! I've tried to be as prepared as possible and been to a cardiology centre here to have an echogram to get the all clear and take the report with me saying this, I've also gotten the go ahead from my GP that my condition doesn't present any apparant complications as it is such a tiny hole and the placement of it (VSD) is the least dangerous of any heart murmurs...
The hospital itself does guarentee their work, as does the company that I've booked through, I'm not sure that includes travel/accommodation, it may just be hospital costs but travel from Australia is around $500pp return so easily affordable. I'm already taking into account the possibility that I may have to head back within a couple years after a pregnancy anyway! They use Mentor implants, which are also guarenteed by the manufacturer and are supposed to be among the best on the market, according to alot of research I've done.
I certainly hope I don't sound like I'm dismissing your concerns, I appreciate your advice alot, believe me! With one of my bachelor degrees being in Psychology I try to be really objective, nevertheless, I must say when I first heard of people going for surgery over there myself I thought they were crazy! But after about a year of sussing things out and attending consults with both a reputable surgeon in my capital city as well as the company operating abroad, I've become really impressed with them. Alot of 'surgeons' here are only cosmetic surgeons, not certified plastic surgeons and I found ALL the surgeons in Thailand had DOUBLE the years of medical training of many in my city. God, the last thing I want to do is jinx myself (touching wood!), so I'm very aware there are dangers but I actually do have alot of confidence in the doctors and I'm trying to go into the adventure with a positive mind... Give You
Thanks again, I'll definitely keep you updated! xox
doubleD
doubleD
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 30th April 2011, 2:25 pm

Sounds like you have done you research hun, and the trip back to see your surgeon if you did have complications sounds quite affordable and you seem quite prepared for that eventuality. I'm glad you have taken your time to research in depth as people can tend to get over excited and rush into things blind. Not long for you hun and very exciting. best of luck and let us know how it goes.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th April 2011, 3:32 pm

doubleD wrote:I certainly hope I don't sound like I'm dismissing your concerns, I appreciate your advice alot

Not at all DoubleD infact I feel relieved to read that you've done your homework and that you're confident with your surgery plan sweetness and aware of the costs to yourself should you suffer a complication that requires a return to your surgeon. hole in the heart & RBG 907337

Good luck with your surgery babe, after your extensive research, I'm sure you'll have yourself a lovely pair of new boobs! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by doubleD 1st May 2011, 4:12 am

Thanks so much gorgeous girls! I'm becoming addicted to this forum... everyone is lovely and so helpful! xox!
doubleD
doubleD
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 1st May 2011, 3:03 pm

Yes your first post rang major alarm bells for me too but you seem to have your head screwed on and have done as much research as u possible can. Good on ya girl xxxx
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 1st May 2011, 3:10 pm

Sounds like you know your stuff doubleD, good luck with everything hun. xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down