Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking time off after BA…??

+7
Mammamia
Charlii
sarahlou222
EmzH
Littleannie
going4it
Vickyxo
11 posters

Go down

Taking time off after BA…?? Empty Taking time off after BA…??

Post by Vickyxo 5th April 2015, 7:10 pm

Hi ladies.. this may seem like a silly question as i know it does depend on the individual and their own healing time, but how long should i take off work after op? As i really want my op to be booked for this year - I'm pretty impatient and want it before my holiday in Nov.

I work as an estate agent.. but mostly office based sitting behind a desk. I have taken quite a bit of holiday off this year already (2 weeks holiday to Vietnam in Nov).. and now only have 5 working days left. I work 5 days a week, one day off being a weekday  then the other being sunday. So i was wondering if i had my op on the tuesday (my day off) then take weds, thurs, friday and saturday off (4 days) then take monday off the next week (totalling 5 days holiday) and taking my usual tuesday off.. thats 8 days off, 7 if your excluding the op day.

Is this enough? When do you get your dressings removed? As i don't want to then worry i will have to muck about more with days off for this too, but if it ties in with that tuesday to tuesday that would be perfect.

Thanks for reading, i hope its not too confusing as I'm not the best at explaining haha xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Taking time off after BA…?? Empty Re: Taking time off after BA…??

Post by going4it 5th April 2015, 7:30 pm

Hey Vickyxo, my op is on 7th May and I've booked quite a bit of time off. I'm not due back til 27th but might go back on the 18th depending on how I feel. I just wanted to make sure I had enough time booked rather than not enough. I'm sure the ladies that have already had their BA's will be along shortly to advise xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by Littleannie 5th April 2015, 8:21 pm

Hi I am also booked for May 7th ....and I am taking the advise of the surgeon after all he will know best . My job is very physical though and involves heavy lifting. At the end of the day it does depend on your own healing but it is also your health as well x
Littleannie
Littleannie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 5th April 2015, 8:27 pm

Aah hi Littleannie, we are boobie twins!! Xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Littleannie 5th April 2015, 8:36 pm

Hi going4it......yes we are and I am already counting the days getting excited but really nervous too x
Littleannie
Littleannie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 5th April 2015, 8:47 pm

I have a fairly active job so have taken 3 weeks off - surgeon said that was great just to the nature of my job - but i've seen other girls say they've been back doing office duties within a week or two xx
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 5th April 2015, 8:48 pm

A lot of surgeons will tell you how much to take off. Luckily my surgeon said the guideline was 2 weeks but this is based on an active rule etc. 
I took 9 work off but felt really good and went back after 4 working days off (and a weekend) so 6 days post op.
There's no way I could have driven at that time. My boss picked me up and took me home for the first 2 days.
Then I drove day 8 fine :) x
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 5th April 2015, 8:50 pm

Thanks for the advice girls.. yeah i worry cause i know im impatient and want to book it this year with only 5 days holiday but also i want to heal well. My manager is very nice and ive already told him I'm going to be taking time off for it and he is very supportive so i highly doubt he will be making me going out on viewings etc. Il probs be office bound for a week or two when i return to work xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 5th April 2015, 9:47 pm

I'm office based so hoping I can go back sooner as would rather save my hols too but concerned about driving. Will play it by ear and see what happens. Lucky that you've got an understanding boss xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 5th April 2015, 10:43 pm

When is your BA? Yeah as our job isnt physical then surely going back to work is quicker. Ive had ops before and gone back after a week!
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 6th April 2015, 8:09 am

I think you have to listen to your body. I felt a lot better knowing the time was booked off if I needed it.
My boss even said he would take me home early if I needed to, but luckily I was fine. Just had the men in the office running around for me hehe
xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 6th April 2015, 8:14 am

Yeah im the only woman in my office too.. So im sure they will be looking after me too! Yeah i think i will speak to my surgeon.. But im usually quite quick to heal so fingers crossed xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 6th April 2015, 10:40 am

Office based you should be ok with a week. I took 1wk holiday and a further 2 working from home, so if you can stick to desk duties when you go back for a little while, that'll be better. My experience with THG, I went back at 1wk for a wound check, so be sure to count that too.

What type of holiday are you going on? You need to bear in mine that pools is normally 3-6m post op, exposure to sun is 6m and slathered in factor 30 plus every 30-60mins, and scars need to be totally covered from the sun for a year. The skin is so delicate and stretched, it'll burn to a crisp plus there's the risk of pigmentation in the scars.

Have you considered using medical leave too?
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 6th April 2015, 1:45 pm

Or unpaid leave? I would have been ok going back after a week, but was totally glad I took 2 weeks off. I felt ok, but didn't want to take any risks as i would have worried, and the rest was good! Unfortunately you won't know how you feel until afterwards. Some ladies have needed longer x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 6th April 2015, 2:29 pm

I am going to vietnam in november 2015 so its not really a beach and sunbathing holiday [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but that will be 6months after op hopefully if i get the month and date i want. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yeah i think im gunna take the tuesday to tuesday and if i still feel rough il just ring my manager and take a few sick days after.. Im sure he will be fine-ish ha.

Thanks for the advice girls xxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 6th April 2015, 7:15 pm

I took 6 weeks off due to my job. Very demanding. Xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by twinkleroo 7th April 2015, 6:22 am

I have a physically demanding job and took 4 weeks off (2 weeks holiday and then 2 weeks signed off sick) 
Office based you may be ok with 8 days but I couldn't drive until 3 weeks.
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 7th April 2015, 9:38 am

Yeah i think i will take off the tuesay to tuesday and then see how i go, if im not feeling any better il either get signed off from docs or just trll my manager i need a few days unpaid. Would a doctor sign off from cosmetic surgery?? Xxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 7th April 2015, 10:13 am

Yep, surgery is surgery yes xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Moocher90 7th April 2015, 10:40 am

I had one week off after op and 1 week light duties which my PS signed x I've changed roles recently and before it was physically demanding therefore I would have had to take more time off but currently doing a desk job so it's ok x don't think I would have gone back to work so early if it was for a change of roles x
Moocher90
Moocher90
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 7th April 2015, 11:23 am

Yeah thats handy for you then.. In my previous job that i left late last year, i was doing much more physical work.. A health care assistant doing 12 hour shifts so i would of had to take a lot more time off. But now im mostly office based so so much more less physical.. And theres a few of us in office so ideally i dont have to go out to viewings xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 10th April 2015, 11:21 am

Time off is something I worry about too. I sing in ashow and have a gig booked 2 weeks after my op but I'm just going to have to do it as I don't get paid if I don't work! If you feel really really bad you could always get signed off but by the sounds of it ur boss is v understanding so that's good. Good luck
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 10th April 2015, 12:09 pm

Im worrying abit now though as ive looked on the work diary at the date i wanna do.. The week i come back to work, my manager is off on holiday for the weekend so if i call in sick or get signed off i dont think he will be best pleased, but we will see!! X
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down