Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How were you feeling 4 weeks post-op?

+6
Firecracker71
kezjb
Emmapinder1983
Mammamia
twinkleroo
LindaP
10 posters

Go down

How were you feeling 4 weeks post-op? Empty How were you feeling 4 weeks post-op?

Post by LindaP 14th February 2015, 12:33 am

Hi everyone,

How were you feeling 4 weeks after your ops? 

I am hoping to have my boobs done early in August. I start a new job at the start of September. This would give me 4 weeks to recover. The new job will start with some training and team building at a conference centre. The team building is not meant to be physically demanding but there will be some outdoor activities. I am prepared to miss out on a few activities if I don't feel up for it but obviously I want to take part as much as possible. So how were you all feeling after 4 weeks? What sort of activities could and couldn't you do?

Thanks x
LindaP
LindaP
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

How were you feeling 4 weeks post-op? Empty Re: How were you feeling 4 weeks post-op?

Post by twinkleroo 14th February 2015, 6:29 am

I'm 3.5 weeks post op and am feeling great. I had implants under muscle and still feel a twinge doing some things - hoovering,  cleaning,driving etc. I'm still quite tired too.  It's only been the last week that I have started to return to doing my normal things.  
Everyone heals differently and you may still be in pain and not up to much, or you may be absolutely fine.  Hard to say as we are all different.  
What sort of outdoor activities are they?  I'd be worried about using upper body.
twinkleroo
twinkleroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

How were you feeling 4 weeks post-op? Empty Re: How were you feeling 4 weeks post-op?

Post by Mammamia 14th February 2015, 6:32 am

I was feeling well and could live a normal life, eg drive, carry bags, open doors, work. I felt normal also from a tiredness perspective and was also told I could restart exercise if I felt up to it. I remember at 5 weeks I restsrted Pilates but couldn't do all the positions as boobs felt tight in certain positions, eg  I couldnt stretch my arms over my head. i was probably weak across my chest/arms too so less able to support my body weight. So I think you'll be fine but I imagine you will need to miss some of the more physical activities, especially anything that might result in getting bashed! You'll have to wait and see as we're all different but I would go for it but just say you've hurt your back recently. I'm sure lots of the team building will be less active so it's inclusive for all! I would enquire about when your post op appts are likely to be as you may not want to be taking time off for them as the new girl!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 14th February 2015, 8:20 am

Hi Hun, I'm just over 4 weeks. Im nearly back to normal, I can drive and do a little housework, still no hoovering though. You'll soon know when you over do it. I think you'll be ok, just some activities you might have to sit out on. I'm going back to the gym next week but only leg work, no weights till 6 weeks ( very light) x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 14th February 2015, 8:31 am

I was feeling great and eager to get back into my running, I did try at about 3.5weeks but had to hold off on running till 5.5weeks then I could manage.
I started wearing wires at week 4 and found them ok. 
I started a new job one week post op and was fine.
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Firecracker71 14th February 2015, 1:28 pm

I'm 4 weeks post op now, well 4.5, and I feel same as girls have said above- pretty much back to normal.
Back ache with the new weight and slouching,boobs sensitive but not painful x
Firecracker71
Firecracker71
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaP 14th February 2015, 2:22 pm

Thanks a lot everyone!

It sounds like it should be fine. One of the things that's worrying me a little bit is that I don't know exactly what the activities will be. I have been told it's not meant to be physically demanding but we have to wear flat shoes and trousers. But if there is any particular activities I can't do I don't mind missing a little bit. I just want to be able to take part as much as possible to make a good first impression and get to know the new colleagues. But it sounds like I could more or less be a normal person at least even if I might miss a little bit. I will ask the surgeon too but I feel positive.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, I know everyone is different but it's nice to get an idea. xx
LindaP
LindaP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 14th February 2015, 2:23 pm

You should be OK, just be careful not to get bashed in the boobs x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 14th February 2015, 4:51 pm

By 4 weeks I was feeling normal again. I was driving comfortablly, off all painkillers, and the one side that was giving me pain subsided literally overnight. I think this was a period of a turning point for me. Prior to that it was still a bit of a rollercoaster of worry and various discomfort, but post 4 weeks pretty much plain sailing :) x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 14th February 2015, 5:24 pm

Pretty much back to normal life, driving, back to work. No heavy lifting still. Just bear in mind what they think isn't physically demanding will still be twice as hard for you, and may fall within your 'no exercise' rules, so be firm on anything you need to say no to. Definitely no 'trust falls'!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 14th February 2015, 9:40 pm

I was back to mist things. Still could not reach up high or lift heavy things. I found it was very easy to over do things, thinking I was able to do everything. But wasn't the case. Xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by LindaP 15th February 2015, 5:50 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm glad it seems I should be able to take part in a lot of activities and feel like a normal person. I'm sure I will be very nervous and careful about anything physical. I really don't want to risk anything. This is definitely something I will ask about at surgeon consultations but for the moment I feel reassured that it can be done as long as I am careful with what activities I take part in.
LindaP
LindaP
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down