Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scar stabbing pain

5 posters

Go down

Scar stabbing pain Empty Scar stabbing pain

Post by nf83 6th January 2015, 9:20 am

Hi 
So I'm 8 days post op now still finding sleeping uncomfortable wake up with really achy arms and chest 
I have my first stitch and scar check yesterday 
I have a horrible stabbing pain in my right scar and it looks a bit red and warm I really hope it's not an infection ive contacted the consultant so just waiting for a reply 
Do any of you have any advice please 
Feeling sad and I'm pain today
nf83
nf83
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Scar stabbing pain Empty Re: Scar stabbing pain

Post by mirren001 6th January 2015, 10:39 am

Stabbing pains can be normal part of healing when nerves etc are all reconnecting , where you are worried about infection better always to be safe than sorry & perhaps have it checked out by your GP if getting to see your surgeon may take longer. The redness may be just your bra rubbing your incision? If there is no longer a dressing covering them, you maybe need something covering then for a little longer .
For pain/discomfort regular pain meds should help control this & get you comfortable  until it eases.
Hopefully what you are describing is all part of healing process & seeing GP or surgeon may just be the reassurance you are needing.
Let us know how you get on.   Hug     XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 6th January 2015, 10:57 am

Agree with Mirren, a stabbing pain is usually the nerves re growing, so it's a good thing. Is the scar angry looking, oozing at all? If it's just red and sore it's likely just rubbing. You can use a panty liner to help pad it out (sticky side on your bra). Keep an eye on it though, and go straight to the gp if it gets worse.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th January 2015, 12:21 pm

Are you supporting your Ambs whilst sleeping nf?

If not this may be the reason your arms hurt. I don't know if youve tried the 'pillow fort' but it's worth a shot if you haven't. 

A pillow for consists of:

One or two pillows whichever is more comfortable, plus your V-pillow behind your head. Remember, there's no need to be sat up to help with swelling, you only need your head and shoulders raised above the chest. 

Use a pillow under each arm for support of your arms. Your arms are very weak and a hey after surgery so the support for them really helps. 

Another pillow under your knees to help take the pressure from your back. 

And lastly, a rolled towel or small pillow placed in the small of your back also helps lots. 

And that's your pillow fort!

Your incision does sound like its being irritated by the bra band and Charlii's given good advise to pad it out, so it has a cushion to protect it. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 6th January 2015, 6:06 pm

Hi NF,

Sorry to hear it's still giving you gip, it sounds very much like my right side.  I went to see my nurse again today for a 2nd follow up, and mentioned the same pain again, but there was no sign of infection so she's sure it's just the nerve.  She did say it could take some weeks though!

I completely echo what Cookie has said about the pillow fort too!  Whilst many people don't find sleeping up comfortable, I've found it to be more comfortable on teh boobs, and definitely easier on the morning boob come wake up!  My pillow fort at present now consists of 4 standard pillows, with 2 memory foam pillows forming a firm V for my arms, plus a travel neck pillow haha!!!  It's actually heaven!  The minute I lay back, or lower, that right nerve goes into overdrive!!

If it's also any consolation, at 17 days post op I'm still on my pain meds.  Not the codeine now as my stomach bloating couldn't take much more, but paracetemol and ibuprofen at regular intervals.  I did also check if that was normal, and the nurse said to continue if i felt i needed it.  I have managed to drop it down to mostly nights, but if I need it inbetween then I don't hesitate. 

Do keep a close eye on it though, and honestly don't worry about feeling as though you're making a fuss by contacting them :)

I hope you get some relief soon!

x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down