Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Textured vs Smooth?

4 posters

Go down

Textured vs Smooth? Empty Textured vs Smooth?

Post by Charlii 30th December 2014, 1:41 pm

I have a textured implant, which means it should have stuck on to the pocket wall. My current concern is that the left one hasn't properly, and we are looking into this, but my question is that if I'd have had smooth implants, would there be no adherence anyway? I know this increases risk of rotation, but if a smooth implant wouldn't have adhered, is that fact that a portion of mine feels like it hasn't an issue? (if we were to look at it as if it was an otherwise pain free issue)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Textured vs Smooth? Empty Re: Textured vs Smooth?

Post by COOKIE 30th December 2014, 2:08 pm

Smooth implants don't actually adhere to the Breast tissue. 

They need massaging everyday during their recovery period to stop any adherence I suppose mush the tiny fibres of the smooth implant into the Breast tissue. But it's because of the lack of where nice that these implants have such a high percentage of implants malposition 

If an implant doesn't adhere then everyone would have 'rolling implants' which is often the term women who've had implants not adhere with textured implants here have referred them as. 

With you Charlii, as you say, it's a pain-free issue, but is the 'sensation' an issue for 'you'. I suppose when an implant hasn't adhered it's that you have to focus on. 

All of the ladies here who have had implants not adhere have alol chosen for replacement and it's been absolutely fine after that. Because it's a straight replacement too the recovery is also super quick! 

If it were me, I'd want the sensation gone. I wouldn't want to deal with that when it can fixed in a half hour. 

But that me Charlii..it's all about you and how you deal with the sensations you're experiencing and if you can see yourself living with this for the next whatever time you have with the life of your implants? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 30th December 2014, 4:36 pm

What does it feel like?
I guess u raise a good point about the smooths. I suppose it could be lived with if,like cookie says, u can handle the sensation?
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 30th December 2014, 4:41 pm

hmm, I was just pondering about it in general. I knew rotation was a bigger issue, I guess I found myself wondering why it would still be an available option, considering they cost the same.

Its not pain free for me. In fact its getting worse :( Its not unbearable or running for pills pain, but its a niggle. I will be pushing for a replacement once the ultrasound is done. Do you remember, we're the others covered for it? I.e, it was seen as a medical necessity to replace it?
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th December 2014, 8:35 pm

Yes Charlii. The other ladies were covered for revision through their aftercare. 

For what is worth lovely, I think you're making the right decision. yes Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 30th December 2014, 8:45 pm

OK, that's good to know. I'm in such a limbo right now waiting to get the ultrasound, so all the demons are going through my head, but I know a replacement is the only way forward.

Jen, its really difficult to describe...the only way to explain it is a friction sensation on the inside of the breast. I had thought it was the flat of the implant, but I've worked out now that its the top of the implant moving on the muscle (if I'm right) at around the 10oclock mark if you were looking at me. That's also where I get the most achiness too. For me, if it was just the sensation, I probably would live with it, because its only when I'm playing and hoiking, I don't feel it if they're settled in a push up bra. But because of the soreness also, and the fact that righty is no nuisance at all, its telling me go again.

Wanna know my biggest crazy right now? I'm terrified that because it hasn't adhered, the weight of it is going to push through in my sleep and cause me monoboob!! Which is utterly ridiculous, because its only I would say a £2 size patch, all the rest of it is holding it in!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 30th December 2014, 10:17 pm

Its mad what goes through our heads when we are panicking.
I don't know if this helps but it sounds tome like you are making sound decisions, nothing spur of the moment or panic crazy. Sounds like you've got it sorted in your head at least :)
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st December 2014, 12:26 am

Something in your post caught my attention Charlii. 

I had something very similar after having my first revision. You can read about it in James McDiarmids section > page 6 > aching in Breast 4 months post-op

I'm wondering if it's at all possible as James suggested to me that it may be a torn nerve. This isn't only a possibility after revison it's something that can happen to any one of us during a primary surgery or any after that. Unfortunately as you read James' response, IF this were the problem then massaging the area may help, so I just thought....whilst waiting on your scan and results of that, maybe massaging the area to see if this does help to desensitise the area helps at all?

If the massage fails then you'll know for sure all being well with the scan Charlii, that the problem is definitely caused by the implant not adhering. 

The pain in my Breast did go away eventually, so mine must have been nerve sensation which desensitised thanks to James' advise. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hh2121 31st December 2014, 9:09 am

Hi girls. Just reading this post and it's got me questioning a few things. I had 350cc cohesive gel implants from mentor. Are they meant to adhere or not? I haven't been told anything about massaging just moisturising and now I'm a tad confused! Xx
hh2121
hh2121
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 178

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 31st December 2014, 11:29 am

Thanks Cookie, I'll have a read.

HH, you would need to look at your implant info and find out whether it was textured or smooth. You should have been given a booklet or something about the implant, and in the back of that it would have the sticker that came off the implant packaging. So mine is an Allergan Inspira Natrelle TRX, with the TRX standing for Textured (shell), Responsive (fill) and X-tra high profile. You should be able to work out from the info what type of shell you had by searching the implant. If it was textured, it will adhere. If smooth, no.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 31st December 2014, 11:40 am

Its funny you say that actually Cookie, back in April/May, I was bedbound with trapped nerves and couldn't feel/move my arms! But I think the pain has been going on longer than that, like I said before though, I was under a year and thought it was all just healing stuff.

My other thought is that the muscle is just really weakened from having so much time off exercise. It took me a long long while to get back to running post op, then I was pretty much laid out from April until recently with the nerves and the AOSD.

I'll give the massaging a go (i'm sure hubs will volunteer!) and see if it helps at all.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st December 2014, 4:23 pm

The first time I approached Mr Diarmid I was 4 months post-op. Like yourself prepared to sign it off as part of the healing process but just asked out of curiosity. If you noticed however on the thread, the second time I approached him in the same thread, I was then 11 months post-op and it was getting worse, not better. It was a further 6 months or so before things settled down which made me wonder if it could be possibly similar. 

I'd *cough* keep that info to yourself however Charlii when you do go back to see your surgeon because if the massage  will help, if you give yourself 4 to 6 months for your re-op date if it's agreed. Your surgein will allow for you to choose when its most convenient to have the revision, if the problem is nerve related and hubby's worked his magic you can cancel the revision explaining things have improved. No skin off your skin your surgeons back! But if you're seeing no difference, then a revision would be your next step and it'll be there ready to happen for you. No-ones hurt and you've covered your back
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 31st December 2014, 5:15 pm

Oh absolutely! And I wouldn't go ahead with the revision until after Jamaica, Ive waited too damned long for this holiday!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down